Sunday Weigh In (8/7/2016)

Last report (7/17) 190.9
TW 186.2

Finally back home yesterday. London was great; wedding was great - my brother is ecstatically happy!; love his new wife; great to be with all of my siblings and their families and my kids and their spouses; everyone together for a happy occasion! Unfortunately, as soon as we got home - literally the next morning - my FIL fell and shattered his hip so we were off to Florida. He is 93 with stage 4, metastasized, inoperable colon cancer and undergoing chemo/radiation but they gave him a hip replacement (no choice really) last Monday. He's been up and down since and is still in the hospital. His heart has stopped a couple of times so he will get a pacemaker tomorrow. He's an attorney and still of sound mind so he is making his own informed medical decisions. My husband and his sister are staying down there with him. He's a good person and has lived a good long life. Hard to see him going through all of this...

I did have a weird medical issue in London. The day after we arrived, my lower legs swelled up horribly and turned bright red and hot. It got worse the next day, then even worse the next so when my kids arrived they insisted I go to the ER (a very interesting and positive experience in socialized medicine!) Long story short, they diagnosed it as vasculitis and gave me prednisone and an anti-inflammatory and compression stockings. So, I had to wear ugly thick stockings to the wedding with my otherwise beautiful outfit, but they did help. Its all cleared up now except for some pinkness around the ankles that looks like a bit of mild sunburn. I'll see my doctor tomorrow to discuss what may have caused this and how to prevent it from recurring. British doctors said it had nothing to do with DS or my nutritional status/vitamins, etc. Really want to get off of the steroids since they affect weight loss. Wondering if anyone else has had anything like this happen?

Hoping for a peaceful week and wishing you all the same!

7/24:130
TW: 133

Hi Friends, I am back home after a week in San Diego for work. First week at a new job. Im really glad to be back at it. It was a long 6 weeks. However I did not drink enough liquids nor eat enough protein. No excuse but just not planning. I went shopping yesterday and my fridge is fully stocked.

Have a good week al.
Whit

Last report (7/17) 190.9
TW 186.2

Finally back home yesterday. London was great; wedding was great - my brother is ecstatically happy!; love his new wife; great to be with all of my siblings and their families and my kids and their spouses; everyone together for a happy occasion! Unfortunately, as soon as we got home - literally the next morning - my FIL fell and shattered his hip so we were off to Florida. He is 93 with stage 4, metastasized, inoperable colon cancer and undergoing chemo/radiation but they gave him a hip replacement (no choice really) last Monday. He's been up and down since and is still in the hospital. His heart has stopped a couple of times so he will get a pacemaker tomorrow. He's an attorney and still of sound mind so he is making his own informed medical decisions. My husband and his sister are staying down there with him. He's a good person and has lived a good long life. Hard to see him going through all of this...

I did have a weird medical issue in London. The day after we arrived, my lower legs swelled up horribly and turned bright red and hot. It got worse the next day, then even worse the next so when my kids arrived they insisted I go to the ER (a very interesting and positive experience in socialized medicine!) Long story short, they diagnosed it as vasculitis and gave me prednisone and an anti-inflammatory and compression stockings. So, I had to wear ugly thick stockings to the wedding with my otherwise beautiful outfit, but they did help. Its all cleared up now except for some pinkness around the ankles that looks like a bit of mild sunburn. I'll see my doctor tomorrow to discuss what may have caused this and how to prevent it from recurring. British doctors said it had nothing to do with DS or my nutritional status/vitamins, etc. Really want to get off of the steroids since they affect weight loss. Wondering if anyone else has had anything like this happen?

Hoping for a peaceful week and wishing you all the same!
Sorry you had to go to the ER...glad they were ale to deal with it. And so sorry to hear about your FIL.
last week 207
This week 204

Back on vites fully and things "going" well!
Good for you.

7/24:130
TW: 133

Hi Friends, I am back home after a week in San Diego for work. First week at a new job. Im really glad to be back at it. It was a long 6 weeks. However I did not drink enough liquids nor eat enough protein. No excuse but just not planning. I went shopping yesterday and my fridge is fully stocked.

Have a good week al.
Whit
Yeap, that will do it...getting enough protein/fat calories is essential to us. And good luck with your new job.

LW: 176
TW: 179

I was 176 yesterday so just "poop weight" fluctuation.

Had to spend a night in the hospital last night so I'm going to use yesterday mornings weight. As I know the fluids they gave me bloated me. So.....

SW 355

LW 214.8

TW (yesterday) 203.2

Had to spend a night in the hospital last night so I'm going to use yesterday mornings weight. As I know the fluids they gave me bloated me. So.....

SW 355

LW 214.8

TW (yesterday) 203.2
I hope you are okay.

I hope you are okay.

3 weeks ago I had an internal hernia with a closer loop obstruction repaired. I've been in constant pain. My fever spiked really high and they told me to hit the ER. I have what started as a UTI and worked it's way to my kidneys. They kept me overnight on a strong IV antibiotic and my white cell count stabilized. So I'm home with strong pill form antibiotics. Also, they did a ct scan and my repair is still pristine.

3 weeks ago I had an internal hernia with a closer loop obstruction repaired. I've been in constant pain. My fever spiked really high and they told me to hit the ER. I have what started as a UTI and worked it's way to my kidneys. They kept me overnight on a strong IV antibiotic and my white cell count stabilized. So I'm home with strong pill form antibiotics. Also, they did a ct scan and my repair is still pristine.
yeah I remember your hernia/obstruction (I had the same thing at 11 months Post DS) so I was wondering what was up. Sorry to hear about your infection and hopefully the antibiotic knocks it out quickly.

FYI - I felt instant relief when I had my internal repair

LW: 176
TW: 179

I was 176 yesterday so just "poop weight" fluctuation.
Okay, but I wish the fluctuation was 180-185. But even more, that your labs would be stellar.

SW 355

LW 214.8

TW (yesterday) 203.2
Sorry you are back in the hospital. Heal! And then let's see Onederland.

For the record, after a night in the hospital and eating breakfast and lunch and lots of water on top of IV fluids. I just weighed and I was 209 so I don't think it'll stick around too long ! Thank goodness

Okay, but I wish the fluctuation was 180-185. But even more, that your labs would be stellar.

Sorry you are back in the hospital. Heal! And then let's see Onederland.
Thanks Liz. I do too. I was referred to Mayo Endocrinology last week so I am hoping they get back to me soon with a quick appointment because I am almost always lightheaded now and I am passing out 2-3 times a day now. For the most part it is after eating and it doesn't seem to matter if it is protein only, protein with a modeat carb amount, or heavy carb snack. My glucose hasn't been out of whack when spot checking either....so who knows.

Latest posts

Back