Sunday Weigh In (7/3/2016)

I didn't weigh today, but two days ago, I saw 177.2 ...
Today, we were driving 284 miles from Reno back to the campground south of Gilroy today, over Donner Pass and through the Central Valley with no A/C and the fridge not working, so Charles didn't want to stop much - so I didn't drink much. And near Sacramento, going 65 mpg, I was suddenly overcome with a bout of very urgent need to poop (probably courtesy of a very rich dinner the night before, some of which was also my breakfast), so I had no choice but to use the RV bathroom on the road. Contrary to my traveling-trelated issues with not being able to "finish," it was a very - um - thorough cleansing, so much so that I must confess, I actually thought of pulling out the scale while barrelling down the highway, to see if I had an even better Sunday number to post. Common sense prevailed (besides the unsafeness of not being strapped in, I doubt with all the bouncing and jouncing, I could have gotten the digital scale to give me a good number anyway).
And with that, I think I'm fairly solidly under a BMI of 30 for the first time in about 6.5 years.
~~~
Oops - this didn't post yesterday. Weighed myself midday today - 175.2!!

I didn't weigh today, but two days ago, I saw 177.2 ...
Today, we were driving 284 miles from Reno back to the campground south of Gilroy today, over Donner Pass and through the Central Valley with no A/C and the fridge not working, so Charles didn't want to stop much - so I didn't drink much. And near Sacramento, going 65 mpg, I was suddenly overcome with a bout of very urgent need to poop (probably courtesy of a very rich dinner the night before, some of which was also my breakfast), so I had no choice but to use the RV bathroom on the road. Contrary to my traveling-trelated issues with not being able to "finish," it was a very - um - thorough cleansing, so much so that I must confess, I actually thought of pulling out the scale while barrelling down the highway, to see if I had an even better Sunday number to post. Common sense prevailed (besides the unsafeness of not being strapped in, I doubt with all the bouncing and jouncing, I could have gotten the digital scale to give me a good number anyway).
And with that, I think I'm fairly solidly under a BMI of 30 for the first time in about 6.5 years.
~~~
Oops - this didn't post yesterday. Weighed myself midday today - 175.2!!
Yeah! Wise move to not weigh while moving.

I'm interested to weigh when I get home tomorrow. I'm have been very active snorkeling for the past three days, and not getting much food. I'm terribly sunburnt from a day out on the boat yesterday visiting offshore reefs, and I couldn't stomach anything for dinner last night or most of today. I'm snacking on some jerky at least, and taking my vitamins. Now to see what's open tonight, as Eid is tomorrow.

I'm interested to weigh when I get home tomorrow. I'm have been very active snorkeling for the past three days, and not getting much food. I'm terribly sunburnt from a day out on the boat yesterday visiting offshore reefs, and I couldn't stomach anything for dinner last night or most of today. I'm snacking on some jerky at least, and taking my vitamins. Now to see what's open tonight, as Eid is tomorrow.
I am sorry you are sunburnt... just keep working on the protein and fluids.

Sunscreen is our friend. I know, shut up Scott. :D My Dad used to annoy the hell out of me when as a toe head I would get fried in the summer. He would say things like, "wow you are really burnt, that is going to hurt". Thanks Dad!

I am sure you weight is heading in a great direction.. Sounds like you had a great long weekend.

Sunscreen is our friend. I know, shut up Scott. :D
SHUT UP, Scott, LOL...I am also sunburnt...I wore a sleeveless top but spent most of my time under a 10 x 10 tent as hubby and I helped man a booth at the local 4th of July celebration. Mine isn't terrible but it's still red. AND I KNOW better.

SHUT UP, Scott, LOL...I am also sunburnt...I wore a sleeveless top but spent most of my time under a 10 x 10 tent as hubby and I helped man a booth at the local 4th of July celebration. Mine isn't terrible but it's still red. AND I KNOW better.
LOL....I am sorry.

I have been absolutely scorched so many times in my life and I just can't stand sunburn pain anymore as it is the worst to me, so I lather up with sunscreen and look like pasty the clown if I am even close to the sun....and my wife has a 3.5 inch scar from the melanoma removed from her leg last year so that is a pretty good reminder too...but mostly I am a sunburn wimp.

I have been absolutely scorched so many times in my life
I've had a SERIOUS sunburn when I was late childhood...actually my sister was worse and a cousin not much better. We had all been out on a boat with our dads...and this was long before sunscreen was popular.

As a young adult (and stupid) I can remember laying out in the sun covered in baby oil. BUT after my sunstroke in 1981, I seldom go out in the sun for long. I have long embraced the white/pasty look. But there are times I am in a place where I need to remember it.

Yeah, as a kid we used to go for a week's vacation fishing on Kentucky lake. One day was without a shirt an no sunscreen. I end up with a solid blister that went across me entire shoulders so it was probably 6 inches x 15 inches. It was incredibly painful and disgusting as it oozed and crusted, and was just nasty.

When I was 20 and living in Orlando a buddy of mine and I oiled up and were drinking beer by the pool. I fell asleep and when I woke up though I had been boiled. I was throwing up and had the chills all night but my skin was on fire. I am sure I had second degree burns. I wasn't able to go to work all week (had a physical job back then) because I was sick and couldn't move for 3 days.

I learned the hard way and will probably end up with melanoma, because the damage is done as a kid.

Hi Friends!
I am moved and officially living full time in the Desert. Its Hot really hot. It's been a crazy nonstop hectic few weeks. My last day at work was 6/15 and the movers picked our stuff up 6/23 and delivered 6/25 (temp 117 on move in day)
I have all but 5 of 89 boxes unpacked. I still need to hang photos and art and fully unpack some crap but we are pretty settled in. Food has been a challenge. Not enough protein. But I have been drinking a gallon of Iced Tea everyday.

Weight wise I was up to 137 on Friday so scary. But now I am down to 133 so that's up 2 pounds from my last posted weigh in. Hopefully I can get that off with an increase in protein and a bit more exercise. I'm also going to start working in a couple of weeks so that should also help.

Scott I'm so sorry you are a bit down. You've sure been through the ringer
Keep your head up.

Best and take care friends
Whit

Well, I slathered in sunscreen and wore a swim shirt (that worked) but clearly I also need swim pants. The ferry this morning was oversold, so I ended up in a speedboat back to the mainland and got more sunburnt as I'd dressed for sitting indoors in a ferry! Ah, Malaysia.

LW 93.3 kg | 205.7 lbs
TW 91.3 kg | 201.3 lbs

Doing sweet fuck all on a beach agrees with me!

A few pics below:

el386f.jpg

On the speedboat back to the mainland...a 12-hour 'trip' from when I left the resort to when I finally reached home, and I am still waiting for my breakfast at 5pm!

2m6tpja.jpg

My beachfront shack (on the left) for the princely sum of $50 a night.

@DSRIGGS: It's tough, because I try super hard not to get burnt but I am just too fair and ginger to ever succeed.

Apart from the snorkel trip and the boat trip today, I was in the shade from about 10.30am till 4pm (hottest part of the day), wear a swim shirt, slather on sunscreen, always wear a hat. I reapplied sunscreen all day snorkelling, but it's never enough. The rays of the sun are drawn to my pasty flesh.

All the Scandinavians were lying on the beach all day sunbaking and just turned nice and brown. Not fair!

P.S. getting burnt on the backs of your legs, thighs and half your arse is reaaaaally uncomfortable. I do not recommend it.

Hi Friends!
I am moved and officially living full time in the Desert. Its Hot really hot. It's been a crazy nonstop hectic few weeks. My last day at work was 6/15 and the movers picked our stuff up 6/23 and delivered 6/25 (temp 117 on move in day)
I have all but 5 of 89 boxes unpacked. I still need to hang photos and art and fully unpack some crap but we are pretty settled in. Food has been a challenge. Not enough protein. But I have been drinking a gallon of Iced Tea everyday.

Weight wise I was up to 137 on Friday so scary. But now I am down to 133 so that's up 2 pounds from my last posted weigh in. Hopefully I can get that off with an increase in protein and a bit more exercise. I'm also going to start working in a couple of weeks so that should also help.

Keep your head up.

Whit
Glad you are all moved in...but Lord love a duck, it had to be in summer, didn't it? Just keep hydrating!
Well, I slathered in sunscreen and wore a swim shirt (that worked) but clearly I also need swim pants. The ferry this morning was oversold, so I ended up in a speedboat back to the mainland and got more sunburnt as I'd dressed for sitting indoors in a ferry! Ah, Malaysia.

LW 93.3 kg | 205.7 lbs
TW 91.3 kg | 201.3 lbs

Doing sweet fuck all on a beach agrees with me!

A few pics below:

el386f.jpg

On the speedboat back to the mainland...a 12-hour 'trip' from when I left the resort to when I finally reached home, and I am still waiting for my breakfast at 5pm!

2m6tpja.jpg

My beachfront shack (on the left) for the princely sum of $50 a night.
Doing awesome on the weight. LOVE the beachfront shack...
@DSRIGGS: It's tough, because I try super hard not to get burnt but I am just too fair and ginger to ever succeed.

Apart from the snorkel trip and the boat trip today, I was in the shade from about 10.30am till 4pm (hottest part of the day), wear a swim shirt, slather on sunscreen, always wear a hat. I reapplied sunscreen all day snorkelling, but it's never enough. The rays of the sun are drawn to my pasty flesh.

All the Scandinavians were lying on the beach all day sunbaking and just turned nice and brown. Not fair!

P.S. getting burnt on the backs of your legs, thighs and half your arse is reaaaaally uncomfortable. I do not recommend it.

Yeah, my dh is a ginger as well. It's his Scottish ancestry. He burns way too easy. He has some skin cancer now and has avoided getting in the sun all his life. I made him change from a ball cap (which did nothing for the side of his face and his neck) to a hat with a brim on it.

Hi Friends!

Keep your head up.

Whit
Thanks Whit....I will do so.

Glad to hear you are moved in and found a job.

Take care

Latest posts

Back