Sunday Weigh In (7/26/2015)

Last week I THINK I was 181.4 lbs.
This week I'm at 179.6. I'm trying hard to stop losing...but like Scott (DSRIGGS) I'm having trouble absorbing enough. Not panicking yet! Will keep you rascals posted.

:grillinsmiley:

Last week I THINK I was 181.4 lbs.
This week I'm at 179.6. I'm trying hard to stop losing...but like Scott (DSRIGGS) I'm having trouble absorbing enough. Not panicking yet! Will keep you rascals posted.

:grillinsmiley:

Getting small CAN be scary. You are just beyond a year out...while don't try to lose any more, don't try to stop it yet either.

Getting small CAN be scary. You are just beyond a year out...while don't try to lose any more, don't try to stop it yet either.
You know what Liz? You are 100% correct!! I've been huge for so long that I think I'm just shocked to see myself so thin. I do want to add muscle mass soon, and I know that will of course add weight. I also had a weird thing happen to me this past week. Had an insurance exam for a term life policy and they measured my height...something I haven't done in decades. Turns out I'm now 6 feet even! I always was 6' 1' but I guess I've lost an inch over the years. I did rupture my L4-L5 and L5-S1 discs in 1997....might have something to do with it. Anyhoo , my BMI is 24.3 now....very healthy! The battle continues and I like my chances.

:thmybunny:

Turns out I'm now 6 feet even! I always was 6' 1' but I guess I've lost an inch over the years. I did rupture my L4-L5 and L5-S1 discs in 1997....might have something to do with it. Anyhoo , my BMI is 24.3 now....very healthy! The battle continues and I like my chances.
I was looking at my old military ID....lists me at 5' 4 1/2"...I'm just a smidgen under 5'4" now BUT only cause my spinal surgeon who did my last surgery propped me back up.

Yeah, it's a real HEAD game.

I am in St Louis this morning after watching the Cardinals win last night (it was also Adam Wainwright jersey night as well so we all got one - they are nice). This means I can't weigh in today. I dropped to 177 on Thursday. Yesterday I had popped back to 180. I think I am probably 178/179 so we will see when I weigh in tomorrow morning.

You know what Liz? You are 100% correct!! I've been huge for so long that I think I'm just shocked to see myself so thin. I do want to add muscle mass soon, and I know that will of course add weight. I also had a weird thing happen to me this past week. Had an insurance exam for a term life policy and they measured my height...something I haven't done in decades. Turns out I'm now 6 feet even! I always was 6' 1' but I guess I've lost an inch over the years. I did rupture my L4-L5 and L5-S1 discs in 1997....might have something to do with it. Anyhoo , my BMI is 24.3 now....very healthy! The battle continues and I like my chances.

:thmybunny:
I had a cervical spine fusion in 2011..think c5-6 but not sure.. Hell to get old and lose memory. :D

I used to be 6'2 and am closer to 6'1 Now.

I forgot to post last week but it has been a big weight loss week for me! How did I do it? By eating everything I could put my hands on, including candy bars and soft icecream cones. How does THAT work? Beats the hell out of me.
LW. 157.8
TW. 154.0
95 lbs down, 19 to goal, 8 months out
Virgin DS - Dr Simper in SLC, UT

LW: 287
TW: 285.8

I can't update my ticker on TickerFactory.com. I think someone there messed up the programming. It keeps linking to the "set up a new ticker" page instead of the "enter new data" page.

I am in St Louis this morning after watching the Cardinals win last night (it was also Adam Wainwright jersey night as well so we all got one - they are nice). This means I can't weigh in today. I dropped to 177 on Thursday. Yesterday I had popped back to 180. I think I am probably 178/179 so we will see when I weigh in tomorrow morning.
Sounds like you had fun! And glad you popped back up some

I forgot to post last week but it has been a big weight loss week for me! How did I do it? By eating everything I could put my hands on, including candy bars and soft icecream cones. How does THAT work? Beats the hell out of me.
LW. 157.8
TW. 154.0
95 lbs down, 19 to goal, 8 months out
Virgin DS - Dr Simper in SLC, UT
You did great on the loss!
Because of the extra FAT BUT be careful as eating sweets can and will come back and bite you in the butt later on down the road.
LW: 287
TW: 285.8

I can't update my ticker on TickerFactory.com. I think someone there messed up the programming. It keeps linking to the "set up a new ticker" page instead of the "enter new data" page.
You are doing great tho regardless of the ticker.

I had a cervical spine fusion in 2011..think c5-6 but not sure.. Hell to get old and lose memory. :D

I used to be 6'2 and am closer to 6'1 Now.
Yeah, I had two fusions. One was L4/L5/S1 and that surgery March 2006) was MISERABLE! Hospital for a week, rehab for another 2 weeks, hard back brace for 12. Second one in Oct 2013 was to fuse L3 to the others. THAT one wasn't bad...done lap. But they still kept me two nights. And no brace but I still used a soft one I had for a few hours a day for a couple of weeks.

Week three of Atkins induction. I decided to just stay on induction to maximize my loss before our trip.

Last week: 148.8
This week: 147.6
Total loss of 1.2 pounds.

I am just 2.6 pounds from goal. I leave for Ireland on Tuesday morning. I don't plan to follow induction. I will just do the best that I can. It's 12 hours on a plane, not including two short layovers to get there. I will have to eat what I can get for the most part. Of course, I am packing some snacks, too. Once I am there, I can be better but, I am having fish and chips!!

LW: 119
TW: 122
I came down with a cold while taking care of my husband. He hacked and breathed all over me. Swollen glands and last night a fever. Better today. This my first cold since surgery 2.5 years ago. Hopefully it's gone by tomorrow I do not have time for illness.

I hope you are all enjoying your summer.

Best,
Whit

Week three of Atkins induction. I decided to just stay on induction to maximize my loss before our trip.

Last week: 148.8
This week: 147.6
Total loss of 1.2 pounds.

I am just 2.6 pounds from goal. I leave for Ireland on Tuesday morning. I don't plan to follow induction. I will just do the best that I can. It's 12 hours on a plane, not including two short layovers to get there. I will have to eat what I can get for the most part. Of course, I am packing some snacks, too. Once I am there, I can be better but, I am having fish and chips!!

Good going! What you need to do is weigh first thing (after pooping) Tuesday morning to see eactly where you are before heading out. And HAVE fun!
LW: 119
TW: 122
I came down with a cold while taking care of my husband. He hacked and breathed all over me. Swollen glands and last night a fever. Better today. This my first cold since surgery 2.5 years ago. Hopefully it's gone by tomorrow I do not have time for illness.

I hope you are all enjoying your summer.

Best,
Whit
Oh Whit, I am sorry he caught and then gave you a cold. Summer colds are miserable. Stay hydrated.

Latest posts

Back