Sunday Weigh In (7/24/2016)

HW 360
LW 321
TW 319.5

I leave for Mexicali in 10 days!!!! I'm starting to pack today.
If you'd known then what you know now... What would you make sure it's on my list?
Good job on loss. As for packing, take as little as possible. A phone charger cord and extension cord for both you and your friend for sure. Outlets are few and in not the best locations. I wore Hosp gown until I got the IV out because it was just easier. Once I got rid of IV I did put on my own sleep clothes (leisure bra, tee shirt and very loose elastic waist pants. I took two sets of the sleep clothes which I wore walking around the Hosp in. Comfy slip on shoes or slippers too.

It's been a couple of weeks as at first I was doubled over with a kidney stone and didn;t weigh, then I was out of town for 2 Sundays.

July 3 BMI: 24.7
This week's BMI: 23

My three week stall ended, finally, and the "end" of my weight loss saga is in sight. The scale says I could lose 10# more but my face is starting to look bad. I have aged dramatically with weight loss. I saw this effect in others who lost significant weight but somehow I thought I'd be immune - haha no such luck. Just like I thought I wouldn't get saggy, crepey loose skin -- my body looks like crumpled silk. (Next stop: plastic surgery.) I'm still just along for the ride as I don't know how I could eat more or less than I do now.

Because of the kidney stone and vacation, I put on hold the task of figuring out why I cannot eat protein (i.e. getting a endoscope scheduled), but I have to figure it out soon. Last week on vacation and away from protein drinks, yogurt and such, I was hardly able to eat anything. I was only able to eat HALF of a single crab alfredo ravioli Friday night, and that only after I removed the pasta border. Seriously, HALF a 2" ravioli. Lunch was two small spoonfuls of Wendy's chili. One night I foolishly ordered a $36 halibut dinner, ate two bites of the fish and half a redskin and had to leave the rest of it on the table as the hotel had a small refrigerator but did not have a way to reheat it. I have to get this resolved before my month in Europe in October or I'll come back emaciated.

It's been a couple of weeks as at first I was doubled over with a kidney stone and didn;t weigh, then I was out of town for 2 Sundays.

My three week stall ended, finally, and the "end" of my weight loss saga is in sight. The scale says I could lose 10# more but my face is starting to look bad. I have aged dramatically with weight loss. I saw this effect in others who lost significant weight but somehow I thought I'd be immune - haha no such luck. Just like I thought I wouldn't get saggy, crepey loose skin -- my body looks like crumpled silk. (Next stop: plastic surgery.) I'm still just along for the ride as I don't know how I could eat more or less than I do now.

Because of the kidney stone and vacation, I put on hold the task of figuring out why I cannot eat protein (i.e. getting a endoscope scheduled), but I have to figure it out soon. Last week on vacation and away from protein drinks, yogurt and such, I was hardly able to eat anything. I was only able to eat HALF of a single crab alfredo ravioli Friday night, and that only after I removed the pasta border. Seriously, HALF a 2" ravioli. Lunch was two small spoonfuls of Wendy's chili. One night I foolishly ordered a $36 halibut dinner, ate two bites of the fish and half a redskin and had to leave the rest of it on the table as the hotel had a small refrigerator but did not have a way to reheat it. I have to get this resolved before my month in Europe in October or I'll come back emaciated.
Congrats on the weight. BUT yeah, I reached the same "I don't look good at this weight" at about the same point. I didn't try to gain tho. Still did and I look better at my current weight.

Yes, you do need to figure out the problem. You can't exist on shakes forever. Have you reached out to your surgeon?

Thanks @southernlady

I've weighed this before in my life, many times, but I still looked rounded and certainly never gaunt and I can assure you I never had a non-existent ass -- even when I weighed an anorexic 25# less I had a plump popo. (Age now is a factor as skin elasticity is poor.) I dropped $600 on cheek filler a month ago and it's just vanished. Gloria Vanderbilt jeans size 6s are way too big -- even the 4s are loose. But HELL NO I'm not gonna do anything to gain weight. I'm sure, like you, my DS will drop me another 10# or so and then slowly swing me back up some.

As for my stomach, the next step is to get an endoscope, per the radiologist who did the barium swallow. He was clueless about what he saw as he'd never seen a sleeve so I want someone to do the scope who has familiarity with a sleeve - preferably a sleeve, a DS AND a hiatal hernia. My guess is that the top part of my sleeve is getting pinched into a little pouch by the hernia -- at first intermittently but now frequently -- and dense protein just hangs up there. (It kinda feels like it never makes it to my stomach.) Tomorrow is my day to call the only local bariatric center who does DS and ask them for a referral to an endo with experience in all this. There is no point in going to someone again who does not know about DS and tries to mentally force my anatomy into the shape of a gastric bypass.

Thanks @southernlady

I've weighed this before in my life, many times, but I still looked rounded and certainly never gaunt and I can assure you I never had a non-existent ass -- even when I weighed an anorexic 25# less I had a plump popo. (Age now is a factor as skin elasticity is poor.) I dropped $600 on cheek filler a month ago and it's just vanished. Gloria Vanderbilt jeans size 6s are way too big -- even the 4s are loose. But HELL NO I'm not gonna do anything to gain weight. I'm sure, like you, my DS will drop me another 10# or so and then slowly swing me back up some.

As for my stomach, the next step is to get an endoscope, per the radiologist who did the barium swallow. He was clueless about what he saw as he'd never seen a sleeve so I want someone to do the scope who has familiarity with a sleeve - preferably a sleeve, a DS AND a hiatal hernia. My guess is that the top part of my sleeve is getting pinched into a little pouch by the hernia -- at first intermittently but now frequently -- and dense protein just hangs up there. (It kinda feels like it never makes it to my stomach.) Tomorrow is my day to call the only local bariatric center who does DS and ask them for a referral to an endo with experience in all this. There is no point in going to someone again who does not know about DS and tries to mentally force my anatomy into the shape of a gastric bypass.
Maybe reach out to Dr. K?

I am a 22.6 BMI and it is way too freaking low for me. I want to get back up to a 25 and hang in that general area, assuming I feel healthy.

Just my opinion and friendly advice, but you need to get your stomach addressed ASAP or you are going to find yourself in potentially serious trouble.

Good luck

Late to the party... again LOL

LW: 186
TW: 182

Hmmm... weight is falling off of me now and it's all quite unexpected but rather pleasing :) I think that the constant outings have helped quite a bit, although I really need to fine tune my diet now since I've allowed more carbs to creep in than I had planned. I feel fantastic though :)

Late to the party... again LOL

LW: 186
TW: 182

Hmmm... weight is falling off of me now and it's all quite unexpected but rather pleasing :) I think that the constant outings have helped quite a bit, although I really need to fine tune my diet now since I've allowed more carbs to creep in than I had planned. I feel fantastic though :)
Doing awesome. It's easy to let carbs sneak in

Latest posts

Back