Sunday Weigh In (6/5/2016)

LW: 235
TW: 235

Here has been my monthly weight loss:

This month looks like it'll be about 3-4

Starting to think I'm going to be one of those people who gets less than average EWL. I still don't quite understand the scientific reasoning for "Lose as much as you can as fast as you can." And no one's ever been able to explain it to me. I get that being only six months out I'm not absorbing as much as I will two years out, but the "Lose as much as you can as fast as you can" idea presumes that whatever weight you lose in the first two years is yours to keep, which, of course, isn't true. We'll always malabsorb and therefore will always have a lot of help to lose weight so my questioning brain would still love a digestible explanation!
Still holding steady.

And while you may not lose all of it the first few months...you do want to lose as much as you can before settling into maint. I saw it as don't sabotage your weight loss just because your eyes are still seeing you as needing to be fat. Many get to what they SEE as too skinny and purposely add far more carbs than they should. What your eyes/brain sees is NOT what others who never saw you as fat see.

Also at month 7, I stalled for 5 months before losing more.

last time I weighted 5/15 - 181.4
TW - 176.8 - WOW I am no longer obese! I have fallen into the overweight range. That is a big deal to me! Yeah!
My 1 year check up and labs is in the AM although, my 1 year date is not till the 16th. Needed to get my K rechecked so anxious to see how it is fairing.
Nice

TW - 176.8 - WOW I am no longer obese! I have fallen into the overweight range. That is a big deal to me! Yeah!
My 1 year check up and labs is in the AM although, my 1 year date is not till the 16th. Needed to get my K rechecked so anxious to see how it is fairing.
Awesome!

Hope your labs are stellar.

TW - 176.8 - WOW I am no longer obese! I have fallen into the overweight range. That is a big deal to me!

Congratulations!!
That's what I'm shooting for as my second goal. The first is to get to onederland, second is to get below where I got on my own 2 years back. And 3rd is to hit that NO LONGER OBESE mark!!:thumbsup::D

Still holding steady.

And while you may not lose all of it the first few months...you do want to lose as much as you can before settling into maint. I saw it as don't sabotage your weight loss just because your eyes are still seeing you as needing to be fat. Many get to what they SEE as too skinny and purposely add far more carbs than they should. What your eyes/brain sees is NOT what others who never saw you as fat see.

Also at month 7, I stalled for 5 months before losing more.

A 5-month stall only seven months out?! Wow. May I ask if you were eating a lot of carbs, or just the way your DS treated you?

LW: 202.4
TW: 203.4

Doh!
Oops...but it CAN happen. I know my week to week was up and down even early out but each moth was a loss.
Still chugging away with my pre-op diet.

HW 360
LW 340
TW 338

Susan from Tennessee, good luck this week friend♡ I'll be thinking of you!!
Good for you, btw, do we have you on the calendar?
A 5-month stall only seven months out?! Wow. May I ask if you were eating a lot of carbs, or just the way your DS treated you?
Just the way it worked. I don't ignore carbs but I am very conscious of them. And avoid simple ones as much as I can even now. Like Scott mentioned, I still consider myself diabetic since my a1c is still right at a 6.0 (6.2 or 6.3 last time in Feb, lowest I got post surgery was 5.7).

Oops...but it CAN happen. I know my week to week was up and down even early out but each moth was a loss.

Good for you, btw, do we have you on the calendar?

Just the way it worked. I don't ignore carbs but I am very conscious of them. And avoid simple ones as much as I can even now. Like Scott mentioned, I still consider myself diabetic since my a1c is still right at a 6.0 (6.2 or 6.3 last time in Feb, lowest I got post surgery was 5.7).
I don't think so, I see Amey and Joyous, if I'm looking at the right thing. Yes, please! Thanks.

Latest posts

Back