Sunday Weigh In (6/5/2016)

I'm still at it up down up down. Lol 148.55 so up about 3 or 4 lbs from last week. To be honest I know I can't complain because I eat whatever I want. I don't even think about better choices. Lol I want it i eat it. Lol
I believe it was Diana who said she could get lower but chooses not to diet and eats as she pleases. I think that's where I'm at right now...

:eatingchocolate::choc:
You would have to post the chocolate ones, LOL. Okay so up this week. Keep healing.

Holding pretty steady considering you just had surgery. Keep healing.
Yeah I am actually surprised I am down to 184 today the two times I stepped on the scale this week I was 186 then yesterday or the day before I was 189. This has been weird. Two days after surgery I was down 2 lbs (expected to be up ten with fluids) and then I was gaining......now I guess I pooped enough out last night to bring the needle back down. :D

I am very tired the last few days. Yesterday I went with my wife, brother and his wife up to our small town's annual strawberry festival and I walked a lot. I felt really good and was there for several hours. Then I started hurting later in the day. After taking a hot shower to help soothe the screaming gut muscle pain, I went to bed at 9 PM. Four trips to the bathroom later then immediately back asleep within a minute of getting back in bed, I woke up at 11:30 this morning. I don't know the last time I slept for 14.5 hours. I am sore and still tired this morning so we shall see how it goes today.

One thing I am noticing is that I can't eat much compared to what I was eating. I was the same way after my revision surgery until I sprang the hernia a few months later and started hurting. I think my body is regulating my hunger based on what I am absorbing, at least that is what I am telling myself.

LW 233
TW 231
I'm on liquids as of today, yes, I'm hungry. I was a little surprised I didn't lose more this week but I have been pretty stressed and not getting nearly enough sleep and that usually tanks weight loss for me.
You will do well, just try to think of other things and relax your mind.

BTW, I didn't think Esquerra made you guys do a liquid diet?

LW:211
TW:209.1

Cruising right along. Busy week and added some new yummies back in. Had some avocados and guacamole. Had some bulletproof coffee again and tummy was ok with it. This coming week I will get to add some veggies. Just trying to stay ahead of things on the bowel issues and really have nothing to complain about. I think I will try to start going back to the gym this week as well. Things are getting a bit... saggy again.:cautious:
Glad to be here and happy to have you all here as well. :inlove:

LW 233
TW 231
I'm on liquids as of today, yes, I'm hungry. I was a little surprised I didn't lose more this week but I have been pretty stressed and not getting nearly enough sleep and that usually tanks weight loss for me.
Yeah, stree and lack of sleep does a number on us. BUT you are doing good.
Yeah I am actually surprised I am down to 184 today the two times I stepped on the scale this week I was 186 then yesterday or the day before I was 189. This has been weird. Two days after surgery I was down 2 lbs (expected to be up ten with fluids) and then I was gaining......now I guess I pooped enough out last night to bring the needle back down. :D

I am very tired the last few days. Yesterday I went with my wife, brother and his wife up to our small town's annual strawberry festival and I walked a lot. I felt really good and was there for several hours. Then I started hurting later in the day. After taking a hot shower to help soothe the screaming gut muscle pain, I went to bed at 9 PM. Four trips to the bathroom later then immediately back asleep within a minute of getting back in bed, I woke up at 11:30 this morning. I don't know the last time I slept for 14.5 hours. I am sore and still tired this morning so we shall see how it goes today.

One thing I am noticing is that I can't eat much compared to what I was eating. I was the same way after my revision surgery until I sprang the hernia a few months later and started hurting. I think my body is regulating my hunger based on what I am absorbing, at least that is what I am telling myself.
Okay, so it sounds like you overdid it, silly! Don't push so hard. Maybe an hour would have been plenty.
LW-174 lbs
TW-175 lbs
:banana::banana::banana:
You must want to add a few lbs...good for you.
LW:211
TW:209.1

Cruising right along. Busy week and added some new yummies back in. Had some avocados and guacamole. Had some bulletproof coffee again and tummy was ok with it. This coming week I will get to add some veggies. Just trying to stay ahead of things on the bowel issues and really have nothing to complain about. I think I will try to start going back to the gym this week as well. Things are getting a bit... saggy again.:cautious:
Glad to be here and happy to have you all here as well. :inlove:
Go slow adding veggies. You never know how your system will react. Just be careful at the gym. You are doing great.

You will do well, just try to think of other things and relax your mind.

BTW, I didn't think Esquerra made you guys do a liquid diet?
@DSRIGGS, this chubber they did! Lol. I think it depends on your BMI. I had 10 days of low carb, now this is 5 days of liquids. It's amazing how wonderful a bowl of chicken broth can taste! I hope I have the strength to walk down the concourse in the airport Thursday.

@DSRIGGS, this chubber they did! Lol. I think it depends on your BMI. I had 10 days of low carb, now this is 5 days of liquids. It's amazing how wonderful a bowl of chicken broth can taste! I hope I have the strength to walk down the concourse in the airport Thursday.
Well shoot. Hopefully you do fine and don't accidentally slip and fall and a cheeseburger accidentally falls into your mouth. :D

Yeah, stree and lack of sleep does a number on us. BUT you are doing good.

Okay, so it sounds like you overdid it, silly! Don't push so hard. Maybe an hour would have been plenty.

You must want to add a few lbs...good for you.

Go slow adding veggies. You never know how your system will react. Just be careful at the gym. You are doing great.
I guess so. Honesty I felt really hoof while there and didn't think I was over doing it, but looks like i may have.

I also took a couple laxative pills yesterday afternoon because although I am pooping it felt like I was getting a little backed up. That has the gut messed up a little short term. That foesnt explain feeling run down though....so taking it easy today.

LW 127
TW 127

Holding steady....
Finally got the call from Kaiser with my hip replacement surgery date... July 20th. While it's good to have the date, it really sucks that it's 10 days before the new school year starts. Never had a sub start the year for me and that will mean added work for me :(. Just don't think I should wait till next summer.

Also, I was really looking forward to climbing the rock wall at camp late September. Had challenged myself to conquer the 'nose' this time! (Protrusion on left). Probably won't be a wise move with my new hip.
View attachment 1105
Sounds like most had a great week! One pound is nothing serious, Liz. You know how water weight plays with us!

Sorry you've got to wait so long. Maybe someone will cancel their surgery and you can slip in earlier? Anyway, glad it's scheduled. Sooner or later you will climb that wall!

LW: 235
TW: 235

Here has been my monthly weight loss:

This month looks like it'll be about 3-4

Starting to think I'm going to be one of those people who gets less than average EWL. I still don't quite understand the scientific reasoning for "Lose as much as you can as fast as you can." And no one's ever been able to explain it to me. I get that being only six months out I'm not absorbing as much as I will two years out, but the "Lose as much as you can as fast as you can" idea presumes that whatever weight you lose in the first two years is yours to keep, which, of course, isn't true. We'll always malabsorb and therefore will always have a lot of help to lose weight so my questioning brain would still love a digestible explanation!

LW: 235
TW: 235

Here has been my monthly weight loss:

This month looks like it'll be about 3-4

Starting to think I'm going to be one of those people who gets less than average EWL. I still don't quite understand the scientific reasoning for "Lose as much as you can as fast as you can." And no one's ever been able to explain it to me. I get that being only six months out I'm not absorbing as much as I will two years out, but the "Lose as much as you can as fast as you can" idea presumes that whatever weight you lose in the first two years is yours to keep, which, of course, isn't true. We'll always malabsorb and therefore will always have a lot of help to lose weight so my questioning brain would still love a digestible explanation!
Mark I look at it a different way. I believe our body settles in at a given weight and that will be our center point from that point on and then we will fluctuate marginally around that number. If are diet becomes more carb laden and we become more sedentary I can see it drifting a bit higher but I think the DS keeps up pretty close to that equilibrium rate. That is how my feeble mind looks at it.

I don' but the "get to goal weight and lose some more because you will bounce back a little". I don't doubt the bounce back (never had it but I had special circumstances like a revision) and the part I question is "lose as much as you can". I just don't think we have that much control over it unless we are purposely eating a ton of carbs and not getting our protein in.

Latest posts

Back