Sunday Weigh In (6/19/2016) Happy Father's Day

@southernlady I did not buy the one with the arms. The space where my toilet sits is not very wide (walls on each side) and I thought that with the walker right in front of me, I could use that to balance on to get up. I hope I don't regret it! Now getting in and out of the shower will be another issue as it's a tub/shower. I will be practicing different techniques and will be going to a class where they will be teaching such things. Will be able to bend my knees to clear the tub, but just how far I will be able to extend my foot out will be the issue. A shower stool may be my next purchase.
I would go ahead and get one if it were me.

LW: 201.4
TW: 201.4

I feel like I broke my DS. I'm only 2 months post op and I have basically stopped losing weight.

@Bagaof4 I bought a bench for my father that goes from outside tub to inside tub with a sliding seat with handles. It's rather pricey but no need to have to step over the edge of the tub.

Don't get discouraged @-Flo- My weight stagnated, too, at about the same time. Just follow the "rules" and you will lose.

182 this week. I don't remember what I was last week.

My first set of labs since hernia repair are trickling in:

Albumin, protein, H&H, RBC and calcium are all down/ worse. Calcium is no surprise because I have been going easy not 2anting that bloated /constipated feeling with my inflamed guts/abdomen.

Copper & Zinc are better than ever both in range.

D did not move, even though I am almost a month out from an injection. That being said my PTH dropped significantly

Thanks for the Father's Day wish Liz.

It was a pretty nice weekend with the wife and I doing a little short get away to a little resort townof Galena, IL on the IL river..bunch of quantum shops and restaurants in an old historic downtown. It was our 28th anniversary.

LW 94.4 kg | 208.1 lbs
TW 93.3 kg | 205.7 lbs

I seem to lose about 1kg a week, though it happens in one day...then nothing else for six days. Super tired and stressed with work stuff this week, though my steps will be up as I'm teaching Monday and Tuesday.

LW: 201.4
TW: 201.4

I feel like I broke my DS. I'm only 2 months post op and I have basically stopped losing weight.
Focus on the NSV's NOT the numbers. Many of us stair step our way down. Just keep at it.
182 this week. I don't remember what I was last week.

My first set of labs since hernia repair are trickling in:

Albumin, protein, H&H, RBC and calcium are all down/ worse. Calcium is no surprise because I have been going easy not 2anting that bloated /constipated feeling with my inflamed guts/abdomen.

Copper & Zinc are better than ever both in range.

D did not move, even though I am almost a month out from an injection. That being said my PTH dropped significantly

Thanks for the Father's Day wish Liz.

It was a pretty nice weekend with the wife and I doing a little short get away to a little resort townof Galena, IL on the IL river..bunch of quantum shops and restaurants in an old historic downtown. It was our 28th anniversary.
Happy anniversary...
Sorry some of the critical numbers seem to be trending down.
LW 94.4 kg | 208.1 lbs
TW 93.3 kg | 205.7 lbs

I seem to lose about 1kg a week, though it happens in one day...then nothing else for six days. Super tired and stressed with work stuff this week, though my steps will be up as I'm teaching Monday and Tuesday.
Keep at it...Being tired and stressed isn't helping.

LW: 208
TW: 206.6

Sorry...Better late than never!
So INCREDIBLY busy this week as I'm finally finding my stride again.. AND all the lost energy I couldn't seem to locate after surgery as well!! Busy shopping,cooking, cleaning,moving furniture,purging the house and some outdoor spaces. Preparing for our Summer Solstice/Full Moon celebration. Pysically, I overdid it sime,but mentally and emotionally, I'm GREAT!
I didn't lose an ounce the entire week, in fact, I went up to 209.9 again and couldn't figure out why. I was being so strict and had only added a few cooked green beans,broccoli and was still following protocol. I was a bit worried.

Well, during my cooking part of this event... I had such a difficult time not tasting as i was going along. I couldnt serve something I haven't tasted. Well, this was probably a bad idea even though I only had licks or tastes for seasoning purposes. I tasted things I probably shouldn't have at the stage I'm at. All with no tummy or bowel issues at all. Had a tiny bite of a spinach ricotta pie I made. The crust was made with white wine...but the tiniest taste was needed. Did fine. Smallest taste of the quinoa salad as well. Raw fruits, raw cucumber,tomato,red onions...all ok so far. Kalama olives=ok.
So, when I can return to these foods proper, I hope it's a sign I will be ok.

Fast forward to yesterday morning as I stepped on the scale and was ready to panic. It had dropped! I don't care if it's a pound.. as long as it's down! So, back to the plan as of yesterday morning and we will see neXT week.

Congratulations to everyone thus week in ALL of the amazing progress. And @southernlady ,do you seem to get you bump ups in the summer months when you may have an increased fluid intake due to the heat?? I've noticed a big hike in my fluids... this last week. Averaging about 150-160 oz a day now.
~K~

LW: 208
TW: 206.6

Sorry...Better late than never!
So INCREDIBLY busy this week as I'm finally finding my stride again.. AND all the lost energy I couldn't seem to locate after surgery as well!! Busy shopping,cooking, cleaning,moving furniture,purging the house and some outdoor spaces. Preparing for our Summer Solstice/Full Moon celebration. Pysically, I overdid it sime,but mentally and emotionally, I'm GREAT!
I didn't lose an ounce the entire week, in fact, I went up to 209.9 again and couldn't figure out why. I was being so strict and had only added a few cooked green beans,broccoli and was still following protocol. I was a bit worried.

Well, during my cooking part of this event... I had such a difficult time not tasting as i was going along. I couldnt serve something I haven't tasted. Well, this was probably a bad idea even though I only had licks or tastes for seasoning purposes. I tasted things I probably shouldn't have at the stage I'm at. All with no tummy or bowel issues at all. Had a tiny bite of a spinach ricotta pie I made. The crust was made with white wine...but the tiniest taste was needed. Did fine. Smallest taste of the quinoa salad as well. Raw fruits, raw cucumber,tomato,red onions...all ok so far. Kalama olives=ok.
So, when I can return to these foods proper, I hope it's a sign I will be ok.

Fast forward to yesterday morning as I stepped on the scale and was ready to panic. It had dropped! I don't care if it's a pound.. as long as it's down! So, back to the plan as of yesterday morning and we will see neXT week.

Congratulations to everyone thus week in ALL of the amazing progress. And @southernlady ,do you seem to get you bump ups in the summer months when you may have an increased fluid intake due to the heat?? I've noticed a big hike in my fluids... this last week. Averaging about 150-160 oz a day now.
~K~
Tasting makes a good cook...BUT you might want to have a taster on hand for you while in the weight loss phase, all those tastes and licks add up!
il_340x270.601051044_f7kn.jpg

But you are still doing good.

It's a thought but another one is that I get less active in the heat. I do drink a BOATLOAD of homemade splenda sweetened lemonade in the summer months.

I know you're right about the tastes adding up!! But I don't trust anyone to be a taster for me. LOL! I know...I'm such a SNOB!! I've relegated myself to this one holiday because it's a major one for me. I let other family/friends have the mainstream holidays and I am ok with that. So, I'm pretty safe for the remainder of the year now until Winter Solstice. :thumbsup::rolleyes:

I am so with you about being less active in the summer months here. Being from Washington state and moving to the South has been a challenge to be sure! The heat isn't my issue, I'm a sun lover! But Good Lord I can't stand this oppressive humidity. It literally makes me sick :sick: I'm getting better but geez...it's only taken 14 years!! Whew! Your lemonade idea sounds great,BTW! I made a Stevia sweetened batch of Hibiscus/Citrus tea for our gathering. Its always a hit. May have to up the game with some fresh lemonade :inlove:

Latest posts

Back