Sunday Weigh In (6/19/2016) Happy Father's Day

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Happy Father's Day to all the dads on here, in our lives, and those who are no longer here on this planet with us.

Last week 146
This week 148
Where it came from, who knows but it found me again.

LW BMI: 24.9
TW BMI: 24.7

The last time I was at my stock broker, I sat in his tiny, contemporary chair and my fat thighs and hips squished under the chair arms and wedged so tightly that when I tried to stand, the chair was stuck to my rear like a turtle shell. I had to drop back and shove down on the chair arms as hard as I could several times. It was really embarrassing. At this week’s meeting, I realized I was occupying less than 2/3 of the seat and that the chairs that I always thought were ridiculously small were, in fact, not.

The last time I was at my stock broker, I sat in his tiny, contemporary chair and my fat thighs and hips squished under the chair arms and wedged so tightly that when I tried to stand, the chair was stuck to my rear like a turtle shell. I had to drop back and shove down on the chair arms as hard as I could several times. It was really embarrassing. At this week’s meeting, I realized I was occupying less than 2/3 of the seat and that the chairs that I always thought were ridiculously small were, in fact, not.
That is the most awesome feeling! Congrats on the NSV.
LW 200.8
TW 198.0

Woohoo! Finally made it to onederland!! Haven't yet decided how to celebrate but feels good to be here!

Have a great weekend everyone!

And Happy Father's Day!
Happy Dance!!! Welcome to Onederland!

I bet that was a great feeling!

LW 128
TW 127

Welcome to Onederland @JuliaDS ! Congratulations!

Great NSV @Clematis ! The scale just shows a number, but it's moments like this that really show the changes!

I am focusing on my protein intake now and need to head back to the gym if even just to build up some more upper body strength before my July 20th hip replacement. I know that now it will be so much easier to lift myself up and maneuver around during the early stages of recovery without the excess weight on me.
It was hard to push the 'buy' button for the elevated toilet seat. Made me feel so old but I have convinced myself that it is a temporary tool. Guess I am just vain.

Have a great week!

Last edited:
LW 207.2
TW 203.8
Lowest weight Ive been since 7th grade.
Have a great Fathers Day!
YEAH!!! You are doing awesome. Almost to Onederland!
And I bet you are taller now than in 7th grade!

Almost in wonderland, too. The rate you're dropping, that will be next Sunday.

LW 128
TW 127

Welcome to Onederland @JuliaDS ! Congratulations!

Great NSV @Clematis ! The scale just shows a number, but it's moments like this that really show the changes!

I am focusing on my protein intake now and need to head back to the gym if even just to build up some more upper body strength before my July 20th hip replacement. I know that now it will be so much easier to lift myself up and maneuver around during the early stages of recovery without the excess weight.
Hard to push the 'buy' button for the elevated toilet seat. Made me feel so old but have convinced myself that it was a temporary tool. Guess I am just vain.

Have a great week!
Holding steady!!! Good for you. Yeah, an elevated toilet seat is not the most fun to buy but is a needed item. Did you get one with hand rails? I had to have one after my back surgery, then gave it to my daddy. The people where he lived uninstalled it for me so I could have it back. And since I know my back is a mess, I stashed it in the basement.
Hi guys! Still pre-op dieting

HW 360
LW 338 (2 weeks ago.. vacation last weekend)
TW 332

I'm hoping to lose anther 32 pounds by August 4. *fingers crossed*
You are doing great.

@southernlady I did not buy the one with the arms. The space where my toilet sits is not very wide (walls on each side) and I thought that with the walker right in front of me, I could use that to balance on to get up. I hope I don't regret it! Now getting in and out of the shower will be another issue as it's a tub/shower. I will be practicing different techniques and will be going to a class where they will be teaching such things. Will be able to bend my knees to clear the tub, but just how far I will be able to extend my foot out will be the issue. A shower stool may be my next purchase.

Latest posts

Back