Sunday Weigh In (5/7/2017)

LW 169
TW 166

I was starting to feel like 170 was where my body was going to settle, and I was perfectly happy with that. 13 months ago I was 350. to me not a pound more lost would still be a HUGE success. But I've seen a lot of bouncing this week, and it is looking like I'm back on the move after months or so at 169-172.

Had a great time shopping this week with my mother in law, it was a fun Tim with laughter and I ended up with everything from size 6-10 and M tops in my bags (the is a little snug, but it fit and was cute so I snatched it up). A year ago this same day would have been a stressful and emotional with a pair of 26W pants, a 3X shirt and tears. My intentions for surgery were health , not vanity- but I guess it really hit me this past week how much my size had impacted my mental health and wellbeing.

I truly feel blessed to have taken this path

LW 169
TW 166

I was starting to feel like 170 was where my body was going to settle, and I was perfectly happy with that. 13 months ago I was 350. to me not a pound more lost would still be a HUGE success. But I've seen a lot of bouncing this week, and it is looking like I'm back on the move after months or so at 169-172.

Had a great time shopping this week with my mother in law, it was a fun Tim with laughter and I ended up with everything from size 6-10 and M tops in my bags (the is a little snug, but it fit and was cute so I snatched it up). A year ago this same day would have been a stressful and emotional with a pair of 26W pants, a 3X shirt and tears. My intentions for surgery were health , not vanity- but I guess it really hit me this past week how much my size had impacted my mental health and wellbeing.

I truly feel blessed to have taken this path
Doing fantastic.

While health is the major issue reason for the surgery, we would be lying to ourselves if vanity wasn't involved at all.

LW: 171
TW: 171

I've been at this weight for a few weeks now. I guess my body wants to rest for awhile at 171. Had a busy week. Flew to CA to see Dr. K. He said he had to ask, "Who's that lady in the waiting room?" because he did not recognize me. Other NSVs this week: fit easily into the seat on the plane, shopped for new clothes and now comfortably wear size 12/medium. Bought my first pair of skinny jeans and boyfriend jeans (no "curvy fit" style, thank you). During an employee appreciation lunch someone who did not know me as SMO said to me, "There is cake over there, but I do not think you are someone who eats sugar." They were serious. HAHAHA. Now, that is a real compliment. Found out all this time I had my pre-surgery weight wrong. I have lost 98# so far. Amazing. Life is much easier not carrying around an extra 100#.

Have a good week everyone.

LW: 171
TW: 171

I've been at this weight for a few weeks now. I guess my body wants to rest for awhile at 171. Had a busy week. Flew to CA to see Dr. K. He said he had to ask, "Who's that lady in the waiting room?" because he did not recognize me. Other NSVs this week: fit easily into the seat on the plane, shopped for new clothes and now comfortably wear size 12/medium. Bought my first pair of skinny jeans and boyfriend jeans (no "curvy fit" style, thank you). During an employee appreciation lunch someone who did not know me as SMO said to me, "There is cake over there, but I do not think you are someone who eats sugar." They were serious. HAHAHA. Now, that is a real compliment. Found out all this time I had my pre-surgery weight wrong. I have lost 98# so far. Amazing. Life is much easier not carrying around an extra 100#.

Have a good week everyone.
Good for you. Love those NSVs

Up two pounds

LW 163
TW-165

Been the same for a month. Bouncing up and down between 162 and 166. Bummed.

Okay, are you using a tape measure? The times I stayed put or even gained during my weight loss, l lost inches instead.

I think I'm just on a stall. I think it will open up in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the support.

On the good news side, I needed a bone graph for dental implants. I could not get a bone graph until I had a my diabetes under control. So, I started the process a month after my DS surgery. I went to Mexico for it. It took three visits. First for the bone graph, than for the implants to be implanted and finally for the crown placement. I finished it yesterday. This is a big deal. So happy, it's done.

Just as a note, I saved 42K between going to Mexico for my teeth and the DS.

Last edited:
Last Month: 230.6
This month: 229.8

Feel good that at least my weight stopped creeping back up, despite the volume I seem able to eat. The other day at a luncheon, I put down almost two small-medium sized skinless/boneless chicken breasts with full serving spoon portions of rice and veggies. After waiting 10 minutes, I finished the rest and had a few teaspoons of chocolate mousse. Can anyone else eat that kind of volume? Has my stomach stretched again?

LW 125
TW 124

So deleting what I said last week about warmer weather. Woke up to 2" of snow! Grrr!
At least we haven't had snow but it was 44 when we woke up this morning. Coldest WETTEST spring we've had in a long time. I was so cold last night, I had on two jackets.

Your weight is excellent.
I think I'm just on a stall. I think it will open up in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the support.

On the good news side, I needed a bone graph for dental implants. I could not get a bone graph until I had a my diabetes under control. So, I started the process a month after my DS surgery. I went to Mexico for it. It took three visits. First for the bone graph, than for the implants to be implanted and finally for the crown placement. I finished it yesterday. This is a big deal. So happy, it's done.

Just as a note, I saved 42K between going to Mexico for my teeth and the DS.
Oh wow. That is awesome.

Feel good that at least my weight stopped creeping back up, despite the volume I seem able to eat. The other day at a luncheon, I put down almost two small-medium sized skinless/boneless chicken breasts with full serving spoon portions of rice and veggies. After waiting 10 minutes, I finished the rest and had a few teaspoons of chocolate mousse. Can anyone else eat that kind of volume? Has my stomach stretched again?
Why skinless? You need the fat of the skin. Now, if that was all they offered, I would have asked for melted butter to dip it in. Or something to lube it.

Why all this worry about stomach size? It's not your stomach that keeps the weight off.
Last week: 149
This week: 148.5

It's slow, it's ok!
Still a loss! Good for you.

At least we haven't had snow but it was 44 when we woke up this morning. Coldest WETTEST spring we've had in a long time. I was so cold last night, I had on two jackets.

Your weight is excellent.

Oh wow. That is awesome.

Why skinless? You need the fat of the skin. Now, if that was all they offered, I would have asked for melted butter to dip it in. Or something to lube it.

Why all this worry about stomach size? It's not your stomach that keeps the weight off.

Still a loss! Good for you.

That's what they served. I was just using it as an illustration of volume. I know the plumbing has more to do with weight maintenance but certainly stomach size plays some role. Obviously if you can eat as much as you did pre-surgery that's not helpful.

So, how does that amount of food sound to some of you vets?

I am not a vet, but I would say that after you feel full get rid of your plate and food. This is the signal that you had enough. Do not wait 10 minutes and finish the rest. I have to work on not cleaning my plate and letting the food go in the trash or back in the fridge. Last week I threw up after lunch because I wanted those last two bites. I had the signal that my body had enough but I did not listen.

That's what they served. I was just using it as an illustration of volume. I know the plumbing has more to do with weight maintenance but certainly stomach size plays some role. Obviously if you can eat as much as you did pre-surgery that's not helpful.

So, how does that amount of food sound to some of you vets?

I don't consider myself a vet since I'm only 13 months--- but I have days where I feel like I eat 2-3 times what I did pre-op, but I eat differently. I can eat a whole pork chop and then go back and have another half. Or there is breakfast where I make myself a "sandwich" with 2 eggs as the bun, sometimes another egg in the middle, 2-3 of ham, 3-4 pc bacon, 2-3 slices of cheese and 1/4 avocado. Then 3 hrs later I eat more. This is WAY more than my pre-op breakfast. But pre-op I'd do cereal, or a quick egg on an English muffin. I focus on avoiding the processed carbs and it works for me.

the luncheon meal you had sounds great but I would have skipped the rice. Maybe kept some veggies for variety, and I would have probably went back for seconds on the meat/veg before the chocolate mousse. I love dessert, but dessert(sugar) loves my hips and the DS lets me soak up every g of sugar I consume, so I try to avoid it.

I wouldn't stress too much about how much you can fit in your stomach- but really focus on what you put in it. If given the choice between something loaded with fat and something with sugar- choose the fat, let the switch work its magic.

Again- I'm no vet, but that's my take on it for what it's worth

Latest posts

Back