Sunday Weigh In (5/28/2017)

LW: 168
TW: 165

This weight loss has started messing with my mind. Some days I look and feel thin but other days I look and feel very fat. I'm hoping when once the hernia is repaired my brain and body will align!

Planting flowers this weekend and grilling. Enjoy the long weekend everyone!

LW: 168
TW: 165

This weight loss has started messing with my mind. Some days I look and feel thin but other days I look and feel very fat. I'm hoping when once the hernia is repaired my brain and body will align!

Planting flowers this weekend and grilling. Enjoy the long weekend everyone!
Good going.

YES!! I feel thin some days, other days I still feel fat. It still messes with my head.

Good going.

YES!! I feel thin some days, other days I still feel fat. It still messes with my head.

Oh, no! That is not what I wanted to read! I am still wearing clothing that is too large and it seems wearing clothing that actually *fits* helps lessen the mind games, but I cannot afford to keep replacing clothes. I'm trying to wait until closer to goal. However, I did shop online yesterday at Macy's got some great bargains. I spent $100 on 2 pairs of jeans, a pair of leggings, and 4 tops. Bargain hunting always makes me feel so accomplished. :D

LW 180
TW 180
Hmmmm the scale just won't budge. Perhaps this is where my body wants to land? Maybe. I also think I'm maybe not getting enough fat. I'll tweak this week and see what happens.
Enjoy the holiday weekend, everyone!

Oh, no! That is not what I wanted to read! I am still wearing clothing that is too large and it seems wearing clothing that actually *fits* helps lessen the mind games, but I cannot afford to keep replacing clothes. I'm trying to wait until closer to goal. However, I did shop online yesterday at Macy's got some great bargains. I spent $100 on 2 pairs of jeans, a pair of leggings, and 4 tops. Bargain hunting always makes me feel so accomplished. :D
I did most of my shopping in thrift stores the first two years.

LW 180
TW 180
Hmmmm the scale just won't budge. Perhaps this is where my body wants to land? Maybe. I also think I'm maybe not getting enough fat. I'll tweak this week and see what happens.
Enjoy the holiday weekend, everyone!
You are doing good. Just keep at it and your body may surprise you.

LW 166
TW 164

Had my 1 year follow up last week.. went fantastic. I'm closer to 14 months , but scheduling was rough. Labs were all great, weight loss at 185# -- there is always something more official when the weight comes from the Drs scale. According to the Dr I have lost 100% of my excess weight, and he is super excited about my success. According to that fabulous BMI chart I'm still overweight- But I'm not too terribly concerned about that.

Hanging out around size 8-10 pants and M-L tops. I am officially the smaller than the size I was in 5th grade, which is so unreal to me.

I saw my mom for the first time in 6 moths. I have only lost about 30-35 lbs since the last time I saw her but according to her I look like a totally different person. We spent an enjoyable weekend shopping- which was so much fun, except for the fact that now she thinks she can dress me like her own personal doll so she kept bringing me more stuff to try on.

This week one of my coworkers came to my office and closed the door. I was a little concerned and he just said he absolutely had to thank me. Watching my transformation, and my willingness to discuss my surgery, lifestyle, challenges, etc has given him the courage to move forward pursuing WLS. Knowing that sharing my journey has helped lead someone else to take the journey was really rewarding in a way. Hoping I can keep this success long term and share with more people.

LW: 67.3 kg | 148.4 lbs
TW: 67.3 kg | 148.4 lbs

Still fighting off a cough that just won't go away. Had the weird experience of trying to shave my armpits this morning in the shower and it just didn't work. Where did these indents come from?! How has everyone else survived so long with such weird shapes to shave?!

Still fighting off a cough that just won't go away. Had the weird experience of trying to shave my armpits this morning in the shower and it just didn't work. Where did these indents come from?! How has everyone else survived so long with such weird shapes to shave?!
Try having your underarms waxed! Seriously, it's awesome.

LW 166
TW 164

Had my 1 year follow up last week.. went fantastic. I'm closer to 14 months , but scheduling was rough. Labs were all great, weight loss at 185# -- there is always something more official when the weight comes from the Drs scale. According to the Dr I have lost 100% of my excess weight, and he is super excited about my success. According to that fabulous BMI chart I'm still overweight- But I'm not too terribly concerned about that.

Hanging out around size 8-10 pants and M-L tops. I am officially the smaller than the size I was in 5th grade, which is so unreal to me.

I saw my mom for the first time in 6 moths. I have only lost about 30-35 lbs since the last time I saw her but according to her I look like a totally different person. We spent an enjoyable weekend shopping- which was so much fun, except for the fact that now she thinks she can dress me like her own personal doll so she kept bringing me more stuff to try on.

This week one of my coworkers came to my office and closed the door. I was a little concerned and he just said he absolutely had to thank me. Watching my transformation, and my willingness to discuss my surgery, lifestyle, challenges, etc has given him the courage to move forward pursuing WLS. Knowing that sharing my journey has helped lead someone else to take the journey was really rewarding in a way. Hoping I can keep this success long term and share with more people.
That is awesome. And that is one reason I am an open book about mine.

LOL, yeah, shaving arm PITS is hard as a skinny person. There isn't fat in there any longer. But it's why they call them PITS.

OTOH, the hair on my body has never been heavy or even of normal amount. You have to really look to see it. Since my DS, it is even less noticeable. So much so that if I shave my legs every 6 months, I'm doing good...no one notices. I do it out of habit and to catch the one or two I happen to see around the mole at the side of my knee. I would wonder if I have mild alopecia but that tends to attack the head first.

Well. Some bad news with an upside. I've been super sick with a fever for 5 days. Have not really wanted to eat.

The good news

LW 158
TW 155

Hope you are feeling better soon. Five days with a fever is a long time-- be sure to get checked out if you have not already. Good on the weight loss, but not feeling up to eating is not good.

Yes, I know, going to the Dr today.

So, in terms of feeling big and then thin, My experince is really until my BMI is about 25, I don't feel thin. I've done this weight loss 2 times before and at 25 BMI, I feel thin. Before that, I still feel chunky, but not Fat, about a 35 BMI I feel fat. Hope that helpd. You are getting close. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back