Sunday Weigh In (5/22/2016)

Last week 151. This week to my surprise it says 143. I actually hate reporting on any loss before I have been there at least a couple of weeks because of all the retaining water I do. But I'm happy it's a downward spiral. All this week the scale said 145/146. Then today 143.
Nice

LW: 196
TW: 194

I'm back in the 2lb/week groove, and I'm not going to complain one little bit. It rather annoyed me when I slowed way down but I was definitely losing inches - I dropped another pants size. :)

I'm a happy camper for sure!

Hope all is well with everyone!

LW: 196
TW: 194

I'm back in the 2lb/week groove, and I'm not going to complain one little bit. It rather annoyed me when I slowed way down but I was definitely losing inches - I dropped another pants size. :)

I'm a happy camper for sure!

Hope all is well with everyone!
Dropping 2 lbs is awesome. Dropping inches is MUCH better!!!

LW 290.5
TW 286

Energy is up and I'm feeling great. Still having some struggles keeping foods down (totally hit and miss). What works today may not tomorrow, heck sometime bites 1 and 2 come back up and 5 minutes later I'm good to go finish the rest of that same meal.. just weird.... but getting plenty of protein and water to stay down to make sure I'm hydrated and not malnourished , so I guess I will just keep experimenting

LW 207.4
TW 206.0

Sorry I'm a bit late. Weighed in the morning yesterday then totally forgot to post it. Two undergrad graduations last week so lots of excitement! So proud of my nieces who can't wait to take on the world! Have a good week everyone!

LW 216.2
TW 214.1

Still struggling with the bowel stuff. I'm either backed up or waking up with an oil slick in my pants. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the mayo in my tuna/chicken/crab salads. I will test my theory when i have time to stay home though. Eating almost anything with no other tummy issue so far,however. Happy that it doesn't take but a few bites and I'm satiated. I just need to get my macros right to avoid this fat issue.
I'm a work in progress. Just happy to be here and feeling better every day. Blood sugars are consistently in the 80-99 range for the first time in maybe 20 years. With my initial 128 pound loss on my own they only stayed in the 100-130 range. Of course that didn't last. Even without gaining the weight back, they were back in the 300's a couple months before my surgery date. THAT is why I did this.THAT is why I will succeed. THAT is my motivation. I will not let that disease destroy me the way it did the rest of my family. It stops with me. Something else will take me eventually, but it won't be diabetes or its complications. Feeling motivated.

LW 290.5
TW 286

Energy is up and I'm feeling great. Still having some struggles keeping foods down (totally hit and miss). What works today may not tomorrow, heck sometime bites 1 and 2 come back up and 5 minutes later I'm good to go finish the rest of that same meal.. just weird.... but getting plenty of protein and water to stay down to make sure I'm hydrated and not malnourished , so I guess I will just keep experimenting
Doing fantastic.

Yeah, even now foods can be hit or miss. That's why we tell people newly post-op, if it doesn't work now put it aside and try again later.
LW 207.4
TW 206.0

Sorry I'm a bit late. Weighed in the morning yesterday then totally forgot to post it. Two undergrad graduations last week so lots of excitement! So proud of my nieces who can't wait to take on the world! Have a good week everyone!
Congrats to your nieces...I had a cousin graduate this week.

You are sneaking up on Onederland!
LW 216.2
TW 214.1

Still struggling with the bowel stuff. I'm either backed up or waking up with an oil slick in my pants. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the mayo in my tuna/chicken/crab salads. I will test my theory when i have time to stay home though. Eating almost anything with no other tummy issue so far,however. Happy that it doesn't take but a few bites and I'm satiated. I just need to get my macros right to avoid this fat issue.
I'm a work in progress. Just happy to be here and feeling better every day. Blood sugars are consistently in the 80-99 range for the first time in maybe 20 years. With my initial 128 pound loss on my own they only stayed in the 100-130 range. Of course that didn't last. Even without gaining the weight back, they were back in the 300's a couple months before my surgery date. THAT is why I did this.THAT is why I will succeed. THAT is my motivation. I will not let that disease destroy me the way it did the rest of my family. It stops with me. Something else will take me eventually, but it won't be diabetes or its complications. Feeling motivated.
What mayo do you use? Maybe a change in brand or make your own?

YES. the awesomeness of normal blood sugars.
And losing isn't a bad side effect either, LOL.

What mayo do you use? Maybe a change in brand or make your own?

YES. the awesomeness of normal blood sugars.
And losing isn't a bad side effect either, LOL.

I usually make my own avocado oil or buy Primal Kitchen's Avocado Oil Mayo, but had run out and just ordered it. So, the hubby bought Hellman's. Which I love..Grew up on Best Foods, so I figured no biggie.(although it does taste different to me since maybe 2011???) I can make it just as easy, I'm just being honest here....Ive kinda lost interest in being in the kitchen right now. For much of anything really. :frown:
And this too shall pass.
Is this a common issue??

I usually make my own avocado oil or buy Primal Kitchen's Avocado Oil Mayo, but had run out and just ordered it. So, the hubby bought Hellman's. Which I love..Grew up on Best Foods, so I figured no biggie.(although it does taste different to me since maybe 2011???) I can make it just as easy, I'm just being honest here....Ive kinda lost interest in being in the kitchen right now. For much of anything really. :frown:
And this too shall pass.
Is this a common issue??
From the Internet: The actual list of ingredients in Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise are (those that are likely directly or indirectly GMOs are bold): soybean oil, water, whole eggs and egg yolks, vinegar, salt, sugar, lemon juice, calcium disodium EDTA (used to protect quality), natural flavors.

Either the sugar or the soybean oil would get me at this stage (I'm 6 1/2 months out) but only experimenting will confirm for you. Good luck!

LW BMI: 26.3
TW BMI: 26.2

My skin is itching like mad. No rash, no flaking, no apparent dryness, just intense itch where skin is the loosest from weight loss (thighs, arms, belly). No cream helps. I don;t know if this is some vitamin deficiency. I had 6 month labs drawn last week so we'll see.
Any bumps where the itching is going on?

Early on too much fat can cause issues so you have to just experiment with what foods work for you. Really greasy sausage and pan fried bacon give me slicks and at your stage heavy fat was very hard on me.

Just came from Dr K office and I am 182 today which is exactly what I weighed in August when I had my revision.

Any bumps where the itching is going on?

Sometimes there is a small bump but just one or maybe two. My entire thigh will be crazy itching but there will only be one small bump (not a bug bite). More often, though, there is no bump.

You did good!
Well thanks but the goal was to have been 195-200 by now. When I have bounced back from this surgery from which I fully expect to lose five pounds, hopefully my nutritional status will steadily improve.

Latest posts

Back