Sunday Weigh In (4/16/2017)

LW 175
TW 169

Happy Easter

Had an amazing Saturday morning at the thrift stores. Got swimsuits and shorts so I am ready for Summer, pools and BBQs. It is so great to actually feel good about wearing shorts. I haven't worn shorts and felt good in them since college!

Saw another person who I went to HS with for the first time in 17 years. he quickly told me I look exactly the same. This is the second time I've enjoyed this NSV in the past month. Makes me wonder- how many people have I seen who I went to Highschool with over the past 8 years since I moved back here and didn't even know, bc I had gained so much weight they didn't recognize me. Everyone who met me after the weight gain tells me I look like a completely different person now-- and I now think- yeah I look like ME!

I bounce around a lot on the scale. 1 day I'll be 175 and the next morning 165 then by the end of that day 173 again. Not sure if that's normal. I weigh a lot but don't actually give it any sort of true attention until Sunday's. (I'm one of those people who like to know the before/after number when doing my bathroom business- I look at it as a KPI for my BM, lol)

Happy Easter to you too, Liz, and everyone else celebrating. I bought some pretty spring flowers this week and am enjoying the fragrance of spring. :big egg5 text:

LW: 174
TW: 173

Need more fat in my diet. Tried butter coffee this morning (in addition to my typical HWC). It is a little odd to drink greasy coffee, but not bad.:)

(edited to correct my weight)

No scales this week, but... I'm now a qualified open water scuba diver! I hadn't planned to do it when I got here, but my travelling companion couldn't make it and the reef was too beautiful to resist. Today I did my fifth dive, and got to swim with turtles.

To me, being able and confident to do these sorts of things is the biggest difference the DS made.

IMG_4924.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

LW 175
TW 169

Happy Easter

Had an amazing Saturday morning at the thrift stores. Got swimsuits and shorts so I am ready for Summer, pools and BBQs. It is so great to actually feel good about wearing shorts. I haven't worn shorts and felt good in them since college!

Saw another person who I went to HS with for the first time in 17 years. he quickly told me I look exactly the same. This is the second time I've enjoyed this NSV in the past month. Makes me wonder- how many people have I seen who I went to Highschool with over the past 8 years since I moved back here and didn't even know, bc I had gained so much weight they didn't recognize me. Everyone who met me after the weight gain tells me I look like a completely different person now-- and I now think- yeah I look like ME!

I bounce around a lot on the scale. 1 day I'll be 175 and the next morning 165 then by the end of that day 173 again. Not sure if that's normal. I weigh a lot but don't actually give it any sort of true attention until Sunday's. (I'm one of those people who like to know the before/after number when doing my bathroom business- I look at it as a KPI for my BM, lol)
Good going. I had a hard time with thrift stores and sizes.
Many people bounce a lot during the day. It's why I only look at the first one one day of the week.

Happy Easter to you too, Liz, and everyone else celebrating. I bought some pretty spring flowers this week and am enjoying the fragrance of spring. :big egg5 text:

LW: 174
TW: 173

Need more fat in my diet. Tried butter coffee this morning (in addition to my typical HWC). It is a little odd to drink greasy coffee, but not bad.:)

(edited to correct my weight)
Good work.
I find stirring the butter in the hot coffee and then adding the HWC helped.

No scales this week, but... I'm now a qualified open water scuba diver! I hadn't planned to do it when I got here, but my travelling companion couldn't make it and the reef was too beautiful to resist. Today I did my fifth dive, and got to swim with turtles.

To me, being able and confident to do these sorts of things is the biggest difference the DS made.

IMG_4924.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg
Congratulations on being qualified for open water scuba. And beautiful photos!

it was a good week. Bouncing, but ended well.

LW - 167
TW - 163

I was stalled for a couple weeks, and the weight loss showed up today, which give i ate a whole piece of flourless chocolate cake and an ice cream cone yesterday, shocked the heck out of me. In my defense, it was passover and I gave in at dessert. And I took my super cute nephew out for ice cream.

But, the scaled owed me some weight, it showed up today. So, 163 makes it official, I'm down over 100 pounds. 101 to be exact. I've got 27 pounds to go.

it was a good week. Bouncing, but ended well.

LW - 167
TW - 163

I was stalled for a couple weeks, and the weight loss showed up today, which give i ate a whole piece of flourless chocolate cake and an ice cream cone yesterday, shocked the heck out of me. In my defense, it was passover and I gave in at dessert. And I took my super cute nephew out for ice cream.

But, the scaled owed me some weight, it showed up today. So, 163 makes it official, I'm down over 100 pounds. 101 to be exact. I've got 27 pounds to go.
Good for you.

Shocking your system, esp with fat, is a good way to break a stall.

Two weeks ago 125
TW 125

Missed my last check in as I went to Knott's Berry Farm with the 3 older grandkids (13, 16 and 18)last weekend. Walked from 10 AM until it closed at 10 PM and rode all the roller coasters twice! Couldn't even drive 6 months ago much less walk a block so I am so happy!
At 4.5 years out my weight seems to be pretty stable, but I cannot forget how many times I regained lost weight throughout my life. This thread helps me stay accountable and reaffirms the beauty of my DS!

Have a great week!

Last week 152.5
This week 152

It's been quite an "eating" weekend so we shall see what the week brings!
As long as you focus on protein, all is good! You are doing great.
Two weeks ago 125
TW 125

Missed my last check in as I went to Knott's Berry Farm with the 3 older grandkids (13, 16 and 18)last weekend. Walked from 10 AM until it closed at 10 PM and rode all the roller coasters twice! Couldn't even drive 6 months ago much less walk a block so I am so happy!
At 4.5 years out my weight seems to be pretty stable, but I cannot forget how many times I regained lost weight throughout my life. This thread helps me stay accountable and reaffirms the beauty of my DS!

Have a great week!
Sounds like you had a blast. Good going.

LW: 70.1 kg | 154.5 lbs
TW: 69.6 kg | 153.4 lbs

...which gives me a BMI of 25!

Having a normal BMI was my personal goal for surgery. Dr Gagner didn't give me a target number, but said I should end up in the 'low to mid' 60s. Not sure I want to give myself a specific 'goal' number, but another 5kg/10lbs sounds reasonable. I also want to anticipate the 'bounce back', so while a pretty great milestone this week, definitely not done yet! If anything, making me want to double down and focus going forward, as I know these will be the toughest to lose. I also start back at the gym on Thursday with my weight training and personal trainer.

Having a normal BMI was my personal goal for surgery. Dr Gagner didn't give me a target number, but said I should end up in the 'low to mid' 60s. Not sure I want to give myself a specific 'goal' number, but another 5kg/10lbs sounds reasonable. I also want to anticipate the 'bounce back', so while a pretty great milestone this week, definitely not done yet! If anything, making me want to double down and focus going forward, as I know these will be the toughest to lose. I also start back at the gym on Thursday with my weight training and personal trainer.

I'm so happy for you!!!!! Wow, a BMI of 25. That is just so super. When did you get your surgery? I think I will be at a BMI of 25 in about 3 to 4 months, is it will have taken a year.

I'm so happy for you!!!!! Wow, a BMI of 25. That is just so super. When did you get your surgery? I think I will be at a BMI of 25 in about 3 to 4 months, is it will have taken a year.

It was about 14 months from surgery for me, Feb 2016. The last couple of months was very slow and a lot of bouncing up and down. I have no doubt you'll get there soon!

It's a very weird feeling to see a number starting with 6...haven't been this skinny since mid or early high school.

Congratulations!

Now, when you start back at the gym, don't be shocked if you have a small bounce up first.

It was about 14 months from surgery for me, Feb 2016. The last couple of months was very slow and a lot of bouncing up and down. I have no doubt you'll get there soon!

It's a very weird feeling to see a number starting with 6...haven't been this skinny since mid or early high school.

Wow, you are so skinny! Yay!

Latest posts

Back