Sunday Weigh In (3/27/2016)

@DSRIGGS Thanks for your wise words :) I feel like I failed with my lapband (ended up at a higher weight for revision than I was when I got it) and am terrified about failing this one too...but you're right, I need to trust that if I do the right thing then my DS will do the work.
Remember that the lapband failed you. If a heart patient is given a transplant device that doesn't work we don't blame the patient for failing because they didn't fail. .

You are going to do well with your DS.

The so called honeymoon period is supposedly two years (I am not sure there is any hard data to say that is the case but it is a community accepted belief).
Actually the "honeymoon" is valid for the RNY. And people just assumed it also was true for the DS.

Actually the "honeymoon" is valid for the RNY. And people just assumed it also was true for the DS.
Personally I have never bought into the honeymoon period for a DS patient. I think the DS is a lifelong tool and yes we lose rapidly in the beginning because our bodies are seeking equilibrium with the new plumbing, but then the tool continues to work (the switch component) for years to come after we hit equilibrium and we will bounce +/- 5-10 pounds around that eqilibrium weight.

Why? At some point we do see hypertrophy of the CC and the AL channels hit a point of stable absorption.

Latest posts

Back