Sunday Weigh In (2/5/2017)

LW: 188
TW: 190

I called the scale a dirty liar and put it away for now. I'm pretty freaked out about not losing for 3 weeks and now going up a couple of pounds. I'm 6 mos out and have lost nearly 70#, but I'm greedy and want to see weight loss each week. No more daily weighing for me. I'm going to concentrate on protein, water, and exercise and let the scale fall where it will.

I called the scale a dirty liar and put it away for now. I'm pretty freaked out about not losing for 3 weeks and now going up a couple of pounds. I'm 6 mos out and have lost nearly 70#, but I'm greedy and want to see weight loss each week. No more daily weighing for me. I'm going to concentrate on protein, water, and exercise and let the scale fall where it will.
Most anything can cause a temporary upswing.

This month, focus on NSVs.

LW 189
TW 188-189 I'm playing with a pound but have yet to REALLY lose it

I have been pretty steady right around 190 for the last 3 weeks or so,but this week I had 6 people ask if I had just recently lost a lot more, and they told me now they can start to see it. I've lost 160#, surely they have seen it before pound 159 , haha. However I will say some of size 14 pants are tarting to be a bit baggy. Maybe all of the yoga is helping to tighten and reshape some of my fluff

Also, a very exciting NSV happened in yoga on Saturday. We were binding and I could do it! It's never been a flexibility problem, there has always just been the problem of my arm being too big to fit through the tiny space left by my oversized leg, or I fold forward and my belly wouldn't let me get close enough to hook my arm. But this week, I wrapped like a pretzel and gripped my hands together. It was amazing. Of course today I feel muscles yelling at me that I didn't even realize I had.

LW 189
TW 188-189 I'm playing with a pound but have yet to REALLY lose it

I have been pretty steady right around 190 for the last 3 weeks or so,but this week I had 6 people ask if I had just recently lost a lot more, and they told me now they can start to see it. I've lost 160#, surely they have seen it before pound 159 , haha. However I will say some of size 14 pants are tarting to be a bit baggy. Maybe all of the yoga is helping to tighten and reshape some of my fluff

Also, a very exciting NSV happened in yoga on Saturday. We were binding and I could do it! It's never been a flexibility problem, there has always just been the problem of my arm being too big to fit through the tiny space left by my oversized leg, or I fold forward and my belly wouldn't let me get close enough to hook my arm. But this week, I wrapped like a pretzel and gripped my hands together. It was amazing. Of course today I feel muscles yelling at me that I didn't even realize I had.
LOL, yeah one would think but sometimes people are afraid to say anything about weight loss cause so many of us have yo-yo'ed for years if not decades.

Love the NSV tho...sounds like you are tightening up the muscles.

SW 355
LW 194.2
TW 191

Still healing up! One drain out and one drain left. Good amount of swelling but doing great. Wore jeans without having a dough boy poooch over my waist for the first time it felt weird but awesome.
Glad you are still healing. And the weight loss this week isn't shabby either. Good going.

LW 124
TW 125

Road trip! Taking the three older grandkids up to Sacramento to a 21 Pilots concert next weekend. It's an 8 hour drive, but they have not seen any part of California except the southern part. Plan to make many stops (especially to eat):p and stretch.

Have a wonderful week!
Have a fun road trip. And you are doing great.

LW- 182
TW-180

Bounced around all week and was down to 179 twice. Weight loss is slowing down as I get smaller. I'm only down 9 pounds from Jan 1. But down 75 pounds the previous 4 months. I assume these last 46 pounds will take longer than the first 75.

Going to a conference tomorrow and lots of people will see me for the first time. Should be fun!

Hang in there. I bounced around between 189 and 187 for 3 weeks, then, I dropped 6 pounds in a week. Hoping the same happens for you.

LW 189

I love the Yoga NSV. I have had a few of those. They are awesome. And those yelling muscles will be glad you found them when you get used to using them again.

LW- 182
TW-180

Bounced around all week and was down to 179 twice. Weight loss is slowing down as I get smaller. I'm only down 9 pounds from Jan 1. But down 75 pounds the previous 4 months. I assume these last 46 pounds will take longer than the first 75.

Going to a conference tomorrow and lots of people will see me for the first time. Should be fun
Good on losing two lbs! The closer you get to goal the harder it seems to be.

And have fun at the conference.

Last week 160.5
This week 160.5
I went up and down all week, never lower than this, but back to it this morning. My body does this often so I'm not upset at all. It'll happen!
Yes it will. Just keep at it.

LW: 74.3kg | 163.8 lbs
TW: 74.1kg | 163.4 lbs

A few weeks of fuck-all movement on the scale, alas. My surgiversary is on the 9th, and I had hoped to crack the 150s/100lb lost by then (milestones are more plentiful in lbs than kg!) but it ain't gonna happen. C'est la vie! 44.5 kg or 97ish lbs in a year is hardly something to sneeze at, so I will celebrate that.

Back from my work retreat in Australia, and feeling a bit blah this weekend after having my annual blood draws (and a few vials to spare). Long weekend coming up in Hong Kong that was supposed to be with a friend, but looks like will now be solo.

LW 157.1
TW 157.0

Looks like I'm on trend this week as things seem be moving slowly for many of us. A lot going on and lots of stress so not surprised. It will happen.

Have a good week everyone!

LW: 74.3kg | 163.8 lbs
TW: 74.1kg | 163.4 lbs

A few weeks of fuck-all movement on the scale, alas. My surgiversary is on the 9th, and I had hoped to crack the 150s/100lb lost by then (milestones are more plentiful in lbs than kg!) but it ain't gonna happen. C'est la vie! 44.5 kg or 97ish lbs in a year is hardly something to sneeze at, so I will celebrate that.

Back from my work retreat in Australia, and feeling a bit blah this weekend after having my annual blood draws (and a few vials to spare). Long weekend coming up in Hong Kong that was supposed to be with a friend, but looks like will now be solo.
Still it was almost half a lb. sorry you are feeling blah. Hope your lab report is good.
LW 157.1
TW 157.0

Looks like I'm on trend this week as things seem be moving slowly for many of us. A lot going on and lots of stress so not surprised. It will happen.

Have a good week everyone!
Stress can slow or stop weight loss. Try to find a way to ease the stress if you can.

Latest posts

Back