Sunday Weigh In (2/21/2016)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 145
This week 144

I interviewed a bariatric surgeon this week so I weighed before that appt and was 143.

The guy is local, NO he does not do the DS but he is familiar with the anatomy. Reason we saw him was our PCP was having heartburn over our labs. This surgeon said he would tell our PCP to continue pulling the list of DS labs. I feel better knowing that while he chooses to not do the DS, he does understand it and if an emergency came up, he could handle it.

2 weeks ago 242.6
TW 237.8

Missed last week as I was out of the country on business. Survived my first long international trip post-DS (India and Malaysia)! It was surprisingly easy to find sufficient protein options and once I explained my requirements people were eager to help. Happy to be home, though!

Have a good week everyone!

LW BMI: 30.2
TW BMI: 29.9

I AM OFFICIALLY NO LONGER OBESE!!!!!! Just "overweight". I'm only about halfway to goal so still have a long way to go but that was a big corner to turn.

@southernlady Glad you found a local surgeon to straighten out your PCP and for emergencies.
YEAH!!!! I understand that milestone. It's a big one. And actually being a touch overweight as you age is better. Or at least the top end of normal.
CONGRATS

LW BMI: 30.2
TW BMI: 29.9

I AM OFFICIALLY NO LONGER OBESE!!!!!! Just "overweight". I'm only about halfway to goal so still have a long way to go but that was a big corner to turn.

@southernlady Glad you found a local surgeon to straighten out your PCP and for emergencies.
Wow!! Awesome news. I'm morbidly obese I think. I can slim down to just obese and then maybe catch up with you!! My goal is to wear clothes not sized in Roman numerals!!!!

Wow!! Awesome news. I'm morbidly obese I think. I can slim down to just obese and then maybe catch up with you!! My goal is to wear clothes not sized in Roman numerals!!!!
Yeah, I completely understand that goal. However, my upper body didn't lose like my lower body did. I still have to get an XL in some tops.

Way to go Clematis. You are making much better progress than you think you are. You seem to drop at least. 0.1-0.3 points a week so that has to be a few pounds a week which is great. Too much too fast is hard. I know you mentioned exercise in another thread but IMO you are still too early to exercise and it would very possibly hurt your weight loss.

Last edited:
I think last week's number is correct but will check when get home from lab draw.

LW: 177
TW: 182

I had a big case of bloat during the night and this AM. I have to have IBS because I go from slicking and shitting myself on Friday to solid as s rock and not moving this AM. Gut is distended today too so I am sure I have a good several pounds in my gut.

I think last week's number is correct but will check when get home from lab draw.

LW: 177
TW: 182

I had a big case of bloat during the night and this AM. I have to have IBS because I go from slicking and shitting myself on Friday to solid as s rock and not moving this AM. Gut is distended today too so I am sure I have a good several pounds in my gut.
Sorry you are backed up. Hope you sort it out soon.
SW 355
LW 229.2
TW 227.4

Thankful it moved down this week!
Good for you.

Last week: 151.8
This week: 153.2
Gain of 1.4

I much prefer under 150 so I best get myself off the carbs. :rolleyes:

Excellent news! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to (hopefully) getting there myself :)

LW: 222
TW: 218

Wow! The weight is really dropping off of me now! I guess this is what happens when you go from sitting all day to being on your feet all night long. Yep, I got a job finally :) I'm working with dementia patients now and it involves a LOT of physical activity. Hopefully my feet and legs will adjust quickly... they are sure complaining about the new circumstances! LOL

Oh btw... I dealt with poopy briefs and such last night and was fine with it but then I had to make a toilet run myself and it was so bad I dry heaved. Now *that* is bad... lmao Again, a thousand thanks to Scott for helping me overcome my fear of pooping in public places.. it's great to be able to "boldly go" hahaha

Latest posts

Back