Sunday Weigh In (2/18/2018)

LW 139
TW 141

Now it’s time to maintain the gain and add a few more pounds. I’m back to logging all of my food- exhausting but also enlightening. I noticed I had been so overwhelmingly focused on protein that I sometimes did end up a bit low in the calorie side and very low on the carb side. The CGM has also helped me be more conscientious to ensure I eat some carbs. It showed me that I was running down in the 50-60 range for a good part of my day. By upping the carb intake throughout the day I am avoiding the low swings dips below 50.

Last time I believe I was 167 this morning I was 163. I just got in from Vegas. So im surprised I don't weigh more. Lol My Boo feeds me. Have to watch him he would be perfectly happy if I was 40 pounds heavier.

Last edited:
LW: IDK
TW:134.4

I feel great this week. Bought 2 new dresses. Designer sizing 12’s. Would be size 6 in vanity sizing. I feel healthy. I love what the mirror is telling me. 11 months out and I’m still in awe of the power of this surgery.

Yay!!!! Dresses are so much fun.

Congrats! Isn't vaniety sizes amazing? My thin clothes from 1991/1992 when I was think are 10/12/14. I weighted what i wieght now (for about 2 days - lol) and my thin clothes from 2003/2004 are 8/10's and today, I'm 4/6/8's/

Congratulations

Thank you!

LW 139
TW 141

Now it’s time to maintain the gain and add a few more pounds. I’m back to logging all of my food- exhausting but also enlightening. I noticed I had been so overwhelmingly focused on protein that I sometimes did end up a bit low in the calorie side and very low on the carb side. The CGM has also helped me be more conscientious to ensure I eat some carbs. It showed me that I was running down in the 50-60 range for a good part of my day. By upping the carb intake throughout the day I am avoiding the low swings dips below 50.
Hanging in there.

Yeah, not every one of us has to stay below 50 carbs. I actually had to eat some carbs almost every time I ate since a meal of just protein and fat caused my glucose to bottom out very fast.

If you are low on calories, is it possible your fat intake is also on the low side? Fat is very calorie dense.
Last time I believe I was 167 this morning I was 163. I just got in from Vegas. So im surprised I don't weigh more. Lol My Boo feeds me. Have to watch him he would be perfectly happy if I was 40 pounds heavier.
I hope you had fun in Vegas.
Actually isn’t what you weigh now closer to what Dr. K wants you to weigh?
LW- 138 (and for the 12 weeks before)
TW - 134.4 (made my goal weight):leap:
Good for you.
LW: IDK
TW:134.4

I feel great this week. Bought 2 new dresses. Designer sizing 12’s. Would be size 6 in vanity sizing. I feel healthy. I love what the mirror is telling me. 11 months out and I’m still in awe of the power of this surgery.
Good going.
Feeling healthy, loving what you see in the mirror, and feeling comfortable in your clothes regardless of the size label they slap on them is what it’s all about.

LW 65.5 kg
TW 65.5 kg

Had the sailor in town since Tuesday, which has been lovely - in a year of dating, we generally manage about five days before he has to fly off. He's hopefully going to be around for a couple of weeks, trying to drum up work in this part of the world so we can do less of the long-distance thing. The upside is he loves to cook. So far we've had some lovely steaks, rack of lamb with fresh herbs from my new garden, lots of bacon and eggs, pancakes. And out for tapas and drinks (now my favourite option for eating out). The downside is the kitchen looks like a bomb's hit it afterwards, but procuring ingredients and cleaning up is a small price to pay.

Latest posts

Back