Sunday Weigh In (12/18/2016)

Good going. Have fun visiting with your brother.

Passed out as in fell asleep? Or lost consciousness? If the fell asleep, ok. If lost consciousness, that is NOT good at all.

At least your weight is stable.
My weight was actually up to 181 one day last week. My poop weight fluctuates all over the map.

I go out with no warning at all and wake up later disoriented and not feeling great. Usually groggy for a while, confused because I don't remember going out and wonder what is going on, irritated and usually have to go to the bathroom. I can go out 5 minutes but yesterday I think was closer to 2 hours. When I was heavier, diabetic and definitely had sleep apnea I would rubber neck if my blood sugar got high and then eventually fall asleep. This is not symptoms, no glucose level change and I just go out instantly with no warning..i mean I could be typing now and wake up 15 minutes later and see that I was and didn't finish the message. That is how quickly it happens and why I say it isn't falling asleep. It isn't feeling sleepy, nodding off a little fighting to keep eyes open, it is instantly out and wake up later confused.

That is why I am going to have my Father or Brother take me up to Mayo after Christmas because I need a glucose tolerance test for sure, adrenal stress test, full tilt table and neuro work up, cardio check, etc. Somebody has to be able to identify what is going on.

@DianaCox and I have chatted about this and she brought up a possibility that my pyloric sphincter could be loose and I am "dumping partially digested food". The only problem with that theory is that I don't get hyper or hypo for that matter glycemic symptoms (no sweating, shaking, sudden dizziness, fast breathing, sleepy, etc). The loose pylorus passing undigested food would explain my absorption issues.

The other theory I have is that my stomach may get full and press on the vagal nerve causing syncope. It is always within an hour or two of eating, so who knows.....anyway it needs to stop and somebody needs to id root cause for me.

My weight was actually up to 181 one day last week. My poop weight fluctuates all over the map.

I go out with no warning at all and wake up later disoriented and not feeling great. Usually groggy for a while, confused because I don't remember going out and wonder what is going on, irritated and usually have to go to the bathroom. I can go out 5 minutes but yesterday I think was closer to 2 hours. When I was heavier, diabetic and definitely had sleep apnea I would rubber neck if my blood sugar got high and then eventually fall asleep. This is not symptoms, no glucose level change and I just go out instantly with no warning..i mean I could be typing now and wake up 15 minutes later and see that I was and didn't finish the message. That is how quickly it happens and why I say it isn't falling asleep. It isn't feeling sleepy, nodding off a little fighting to keep eyes open, it is instantly out and wake up later confused.

That is why I am going to have my Father or Brother take me up to Mayo after Christmas because I need a glucose tolerance test for sure, adrenal stress test, full tilt table and neuro work up, cardio check, etc. Somebody has to be able to identify what is going on.

@DianaCox and I have chatted about this and she brought up a possibility that my pyloric sphincter could be loose and I am "dumping partially digested food". The only problem with that theory is that I don't get hyper or hypo for that matter glycemic symptoms (no sweating, shaking, sudden dizziness, fast breathing, sleepy, etc). The loose pylorus passing undigested food would explain my absorption issues.

The other theory I have is that my stomach may get full and press on the vagal nerve causing syncope. It is always within an hour or two of eating, so who knows.....anyway it needs to stop and somebody needs to id root cause for me.
I'm glad to hear you ARE entertaining the vagal nerve theory. I know earlier you were dismissing it, but keeping an open mind is vital to figuring it out. Have you tried laying down flat after eating, or at least not sitting at a desk/computer until food has moved/digested some? The position of your body sitting might be causing the pressure.

Yeah, I have somewhat. The fact that it hasn't happened while I am up walking or standing could lend credence to the positional thing. I still think the vagal nerve is a long shot but I am looking at ever. That will be a hard one to simulate in a test setting but I am definitely going to ask if there is a test. I would think they would do an upper GI series for that, but I am not sure if the vagal nerve can be visualized on s-ray or not.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back