Sunday Weigh in (12/11/2016)

Last month: 225
This month: 227

Keeping it honest. One year surgiversary yesterday and was hoping to be a bit lower by now. Last 3 months have been rough (weight loss wise). It was so easy to lose weight the first nine, no matter what I ate, that I gave my DS a bit too much credit. Thinking of abdominiplasty next June so definitely have an immediate motivator to get back on the wagon. I get plenty of protein (150+ grams/day and my last albumin was 7.0), but I also, unfortunately, seem to have plenty of extra room for the sugars.

Happy Sunday to all. Pam, so glad you're improving all the time. Too bad there's no internal plastic surgery to tighten that crap up!

M
You know what you need to do.

It's harder to have junk if it isn't in the house.

Hello I was in San Diego yesterday...

LW 130
TW 131

Well 12/10/12 was the anniversary of revision RNY to DS surgery. I wish I had taken my vitamins regularly. Maybe I would not have a fractured wrist.

Oh well slow progress to regaining mobility...

Wiht

173 this morning. It has been a very rough two days that both started well then turned bad.

I see the HEMONC on Wednesday for my marrow results. From what I saw on the report that showed up on my online portal, I don't think it detected anything earth shattering line cancer or other major deal. That being said that report was long and full of a ton of shit way over my pay grade so it will be interesting to see what Dr Prager has to say.

I think I have reached the point where this zebra needs to go to Mayo so after Christmas I believe I am going to have my father or brother who isn't working take me up and go in through the ER to see if can get them to do testing g to figure out why the hell I keep passing out and on a good day i have the strength of a 98 year old man.

I am tired, very tired and at my wit's end.

Hello I was in San Diego yesterday...

LW 130
TW 131

Well 12/10/12 was the anniversary of revision RNY to DS surgery. I wish I had taken my vitamins regularly. Maybe I would not have a fractured wrist.

Oh well slow progress to regaining mobility...

Wiht
Happy revision surgiversary. At this point with your wrist, all you can do is be very aware and diligent with vitamins.
173 this morning. It has been a very rough two days that both started well then turned bad.

I see the HEMONC on Wednesday for my marrow results. From what I saw on the report that showed up on my online portal, I don't think it detected anything earth shattering line cancer or other major deal. That being said that report was long and full of a ton of shit way over my pay grade so it will be interesting to see what Dr Prager has to say.

I think I have reached the point where this zebra needs to go to Mayo so after Christmas I believe I am going to have my father or brother who isn't working take me up and go in through the ER to see if can get them to do testing g to figure out why the hell I keep passing out and on a good day i have the strength of a 98 year old man.

I'm sorry you are having such a bad time.

You have every right to feel that way! You are so tough and brave!(even though you say
you're not)
I think Mayo is a smart plan. It's an amazing place and unless they've changed, extremely efficient. Sorry, I forget if you've dealt with them before, so maybe you know all this.
My Mom and Dad who lived in Northern Missouri doctored there and when Mom was diagnosed with cancer I went there to be with her. I had flown in from Texas where we lived, sis from California. There was a scheduling conflict with a doctor who needed to be available (probably not needed) during Mom's surgery. A cardiologist I think it was, in case she got into distress during the surgery. So, after we drove to Mayo from Missouri (we kids flew to Missouri) we had to go back home and wait several weeks. Mayo sent my sister and I a check to reimburse us for our airfare due to their scheduling flub! I was there then and also for a lengthy stay prior to Moms death 5 years later. Walked many miles of those halls and tunnels! A city within a City, isn't it? I'm sure it's even bigger now! Yet, we found the staff so friendly, the waits short and service streamlined and the doctors the type to think outside the box which is what you need. I am pulling for you, dear friend.

You have every right to feel that way! You are so tough and brave!(even though you say
you're not)
I think Mayo is a smart plan. It's an amazing place and unless they've changed, extremely efficient. Sorry, I forget if you've dealt with them before, so maybe you know all this.
My Mom and Dad who lived in Northern Missouri doctored there and when Mom was diagnosed with cancer I went there to be with her. I had flown in from Texas where we lived, sis from California. There was a scheduling conflict with a doctor who needed to be available (probably not needed) during Mom's surgery. A cardiologist I think it was, in case she got into distress during the surgery. So, after we drove to Mayo from Missouri (we kids flew to Missouri) we had to go back home and wait several weeks. Mayo sent my sister and I a check to reimburse us for our airfare due to their scheduling flub! I was there then and also for a lengthy stay prior to Moms death 5 years later. Walked many miles of those halls and tunnels! A city within a City, isn't it? I'm sure it's even bigger now! Yet, we found the staff so friendly, the waits short and service streamlined and the doctors the type to think outside the box which is what you need. I am pulling for you, dear friend.
Thanks hon. You are so sweet.

Yes we have been to Mayo either 4 or 5 times with Cameron and there efficiency is out of this world. It is so far better than any other mefical place in the world that I have ever experienced. Their design for diagnostic one stop shopping and collaboration is just so different. Late last night/early this AM, I read a great article about why they are so good. It was actually Cameron's Dr they interviewed. I was shocked learn that they don't make huge money and after a few years the Drs all make the same salary.

http://www.healthbeatblog.com/2008/10/what-makes-minn/#comment-132607

Latest posts

Back