Sunday Weigh In (11/08/2015)

Think it is about the same as last week. It has been a rough week. Thursday night and Saturday night both had me very close to going to the ER with abdominal pain and bad GERD (thursday night only for GERD). I was miserable for nearly 12 hours. I did start on Protonix Friday evening and it seems to be helping somewhat with the GERD. I see my GI again Wednesday morning before heading out of town for a Thursday meeting. I am going to push for more diagnostic testing because something is still not right. I still believe that I have an intestinal hernia again, and it if it isn't that then my medical team needs to find out what is going on because this is not normal.

BTW, does anyone know if CT with enterography is actually just a fancy term for CT with Contrast? CT enterography is supposed good at determining causes of occult bleeding and small intestinal blockages. I also hear that camera endoscopy is good as well. Any info in this regard would be appreciated.

Im so sorry you are suffering, @DSRIGGS I hope you get it sorted out soon.
Thanks Hon. It will get sorted sooner or later. I just want it taken care of while I am off work and not after I start a new job. I need to get my strength back and along with it the ability to fully concentrate on work when I need to.

Thanks Hon. It will get sorted sooner or later. I just want it taken care of while I am off work and not after I start a new job. I need to get my strength back and along with it the ability to fully concentrate on work when I need to.

Oh man Scott I thought you were all fixed and after the healing as good as new! I'm praying that recover quickly and fully. Dr K told me if I get sick again he's lengthening my CC. YOU already had that so what would be next take down the switch? Who would think someone like me who has been obese since 4th grade would have a problem loosing too much? Oh the irony. I'm sure you would have never thought you would loose to much weight. .

Oh man Scott I thought you were all fixed and after the healing as good as new! I'm praying that recover quickly and fully. Dr K told me if I get sick again he's lengthening my CC. YOU already had that so what would be next take down the switch? Who would think someone like me who has been obese since 4th grade would have a problem loosing too much? Oh the irony. I'm sure you would have never thought you would loose to much weight. .
No way will my DS come down. The DS is working, but I am convinced that I have two things happening:
  1. Another intestinal hernia or adhesion causing a partial blockage - they need to freaking do the appropriate tests and diagnose what the hell is going on. Flagyl isn't doing jack shit to solve anything.
  2. A hiatal hernia that is causing bad GERD (One nurse told me my upper GI showed no hiatal hernia or twisted stomach, then on Friday a different nurse at my GI office told me the Upper GI did show a hiatal hernia.........I can definitely feel it even though I switched to Protonix on Friday...getting heart burn right now after eating some marinara with meat sauce for dinner)
When I see my GI on Wednesday I am pushing for testing and a diagnosis now. I just emailed Dr K to see if he ever received the upper GI report from these people and also asked what testing he recommends.

Thanks

When I see my GI on Wednesday I am pushing for testing and a diagnosis now. I just emailed Dr K to see if he ever received the upper GI report from these people and also asked what testing he recommends.

Thanks

That is so crazy. I had a bunch of adhesions and a sizeable hernia. I have clue what kind. But Dr. K cleaned adhesions out with DS it took 3hr. But when I had my hyst. Dr used non dissolvable sutures and made adhesions. So far so good with the stomach pain being gone. Dang Scott you and you family have been through it.

Think it is about the same as last week. It has been a rough week. Thursday night and Saturday night both had me very close to going to the ER with abdominal pain and bad GERD (thursday night only for GERD). I was miserable for nearly 12 hours. I did start on Protonix Friday evening and it seems to be helping somewhat with the GERD. I see my GI again Wednesday morning before heading out of town for a Thursday meeting. I am going to push for more diagnostic testing because something is still not right. I still believe that I have an intestinal hernia again, and it if it isn't that then my medical team needs to find out what is going on because this is not normal.

BTW, does anyone know if CT with enterography is actually just a fancy term for CT with Contrast? CT enterography is supposed good at determining causes of occult bleeding and small intestinal blockages. I also hear that camera endoscopy is good as well. Any info in this regard would be appreciated.

I am so sorry Scott. I suffer from Acid issues. I have Esophageal Erosion so painful. I feel like I am having a heart attach. I have been taking Dexilant 60mg. It had been quite effective for the last 6 months however recently I have had a reoccurrence a couple of episodes over the last couple of weeks. They only last about 15 minutes but they take me down... stress related. Sucks. I hope the Protonix works for you.
Best

That is so crazy. I had a bunch of adhesions and a sizeable hernia. I have clue what kind. But Dr. K cleaned adhesions out with DS it took 3hr. But when I had my hyst. Dr used non dissolvable sutures and made adhesions. So far so good with the stomach pain being gone. Dang Scott you and you family have been through it.
Thanks Whit. Cameron took Dexilant before his original Nissen wrap.

Actually the protonix isn't doing any better than the omeprazole. I have had heart burn since dinner last night and it hasn't gotten any better (tagement at bed and another protonix this morning)..plus insurance is fighting 2 a day protonix so just going to stay on Omeprazole until figure out the hiatal hernia situation for certain.

I hope your situation gets better.

Actually the protonix isn't doing any better than the omeprazole. I have had heart burn since dinner last night and it hasn't gotten any better (tagement at bed and another protonix this morning)..plus insurance is fighting 2 a day protonix so just going to stay on Omeprazole until figure out the hiatal hernia situation for certain.
Have you tried Dexilant yet? I know @Elizabeth N. has to use that one.

Have you tried Dexilant yet? I know @Elizabeth N. has to use that one.
THey will pay for it, they do for my son. I just don't want to fight with the hassle when it isn't doing any better for me than omeprazole. The omeprazole did fine for years so I have no doubt this is structural and not a matter of PPI not working. No PPI will stop GERD if it is caused by a hiatal hernia.

My gut tells me that I need the hiatal hernia repaired and exploratory lap while in there to determine if have an adhesion or intestinal hernia causing the cramping, pain, partial empyting and bloating

Latest posts

Back