Sunday Weigh In (11/08/2015)

Hit my lowest weight...142....7 lbs from goal and 6 days from my 1 yr surgiversary. Love my DS
WAY to go!
Congratulations everyone!
Can't weigh this week since I have been in El Paso, Texas since Wednesday to witness my son Aydın's marriage! He has moved back from Turkey after satisfying his military obligation there. He actually paid his way out of it He reconnected with the girl he took to his high school prom. He is 38 and never been married, so I was starting to think he would be single forever. I am ecstatic and LOVE her!

My eating has been 'off the hook' as I just love the food here. I will have to deal with getting back to my routine when I get home.
Congrats to your son and new daughter in law.
Well I'm back in AZ. Last week 133 today 137.5. I knew my weight would start going up but didn't expect that quick. I'm not freaking out. Obviously my tool works well since I can become malnourished from 2 weeks of the runs and throwing up. Lol
Travel and having been in the hospital will do that too. I doubt you gained 4.5 lbs in one week.
Glad you are home.
Last week 155.2
This week 155
Loss of .2. I'll take it.
That works, congrats.
Happy Sunday everyone,
LW: 127.5
TW: 126

Good food week adequate protein and hydration everyday. I sure hope it's the start of a trend.

Have a great week all.
Whit
Good for you
Ugh. My body is really REALLY angry with me this week. The swelling in my legs and ankles is back with a vengeance and I've put on 3 pounds total from last week (it was 5, but a couple dropped off).

LW: 253
TW: 256

Here's hoping for a better result this coming week...
Make sure you are getting plenty of protein and hydration.

LW 282.4
TW 281.6

Assuming this is the stall - though it's week 4 not week 3. Either way, trying really hard not to get discouraged...really hard.

LW 282.4
TW 281.6

Assuming this is the stall - though it's week 4 not week 3. Either way, trying really hard not to get discouraged...really hard.
Not a stall...just a slow down. A true stall means no weight lost.

You are doing good. Just stay on track...hydration and protein.

Ugh. My body is really REALLY angry with me this week. The swelling in my legs and ankles is back with a vengeance and I've put on 3 pounds total from last week (it was 5, but a couple dropped off).

LW: 253
TW: 256

Here's hoping for a better result this coming week...

Are you getting enough protein? Tracking your micro nutrients?

LW 216.2
TW - not weighing. I show that darn scale. Actually, just planning on weighing once a month on my surgery date. The near 200 weight was / is making me a bit crazy, so will look for NSV each week and if ok with you all post here to keep me centered.
NSV this week - 'deep' cleaned the house for 4 ½ hours. I absolutely could not have done that pre- surgery. My body would not have allowed it.

Special congrats to @Pacifica on getting into Onederland. Everyone else, you guys rock!

LW 216.2
TW - not weighing. I show that darn scale. Actually, just planning on weighing once a month on my surgery date. The near 200 weight was / is making me a bit crazy, so will look for NSV each week and if ok with you all post here to keep me centered.
NSV this week - 'deep' cleaned the house for 4 ½ hours. I absolutely could not have done that pre- surgery. My body would not have allowed it.

Special congrats to @Pacifica on getting into Onederland. Everyone else, you guys rock!
Love the NSV...amazing how active we get after our surgeries. And it perfectly okay to NOT use the scale.

The advantage of weighing just once a month is that you don't suffer nearly as many slow downs or stalls.

View attachment 823 View attachment 821 View attachment 822 Congratulations everyone!
Can't weigh this week since I have been in El Paso, Texas since Wednesday to witness my son Aydın's marriage! He has moved back from Turkey after satisfying his military obligation there. He actually paid his way out of it He reconnected with the girl he took to his high school prom. He is 38 and never been married, so I was starting to think he would be single forever. I am ecstatic and LOVE her!

My eating has been 'off the hook' as I just love the food here. I will have to deal with getting back to my routine when I get home.

Congratulations! Your son is very handsome and his bride is beautiful.

Are you getting enough protein? Tracking your micro nutrients?

I'm doing really well with protein considering I'm only a month out. I'm averaging around 70-80g protein daily. As for micro nutrients... not sure what you mean. I'm taking the full vitalady regimen at this point and I'm getting at least 76oz of water a day (usually more). This edema has been an on-going problem for about 5 years and gaining up to 10 lbs overnight (and seeing the resulting swelling) isn't unusual but I'm going to get my heinie to the doctor again anyway to get all the nasty stuff ruled out just as soon as I can - I'm waiting for a new medical card, and then I'll have to wait for a few weeks to get seen unless I can convince them that it's urgent. Sheesh, it was nice being not swollen for the 2 weeks it lasted LOL

Last time I posted two weeks ago I was 152.
Two days ago I was 140.
Today 142.
Still trying to figure out what the hell is going on with me. Have an appt. with GI doc tomorrow.

Last time I posted two weeks ago I was 152.
Two days ago I was 140.
Today 142.
Still trying to figure out what the hell is going on with me. Have an appt. with GI doc tomorrow.
Oh my...that is a big loss in just a couple of weeks this fa out. Good luck with your appt.

I'm doing really well with protein considering I'm only a month out. I'm averaging around 70-80g protein daily. As for micro nutrients... not sure what you mean. I'm taking the full vitalady regimen at this point and I'm getting at least 76oz of water a day (usually more). This edema has been an on-going problem for about 5 years and gaining up to 10 lbs overnight (and seeing the resulting swelling) isn't unusual but I'm going to get my heinie to the doctor again anyway to get all the nasty stuff ruled out just as soon as I can - I'm waiting for a new medical card, and then I'll have to wait for a few weeks to get seen unless I can convince them that it's urgent. Sheesh, it was nice being not swollen for the 2 weeks it lasted LOL
You may be the odd duck that needs much more protein. Some people need over 120 grams, some do fine on less.

Micronutrients: From Wikipedia but easiest to understand:
Micronutrients are nutrients required by organisms throughout life in small quantities to orchestrate a range of physiological functions.[1] For people, they include dietary trace minerals in amounts generally less than 100 milligrams/day - as opposed to macrominerals which are required in larger quantities. The microminerals or trace elements include at least iron, cobalt, chromium, copper, iodine, manganese, selenium, zinc and molybdenum. Micronutrients also include vitamins, which are organic compounds required as nutrients in tiny amounts by an organism,[2] as well as phytochemicals.[3]

I woke up this morning feeling thinner. I can't describe it better than that. So I broke my once a week rule and weighed myself. I was 261.2, a full pound less this morning than yesterday. So I feel stupidly happy about that. Also, I tried and enjoyed a new way of drinking some protein (will post my vanilla chai recipe in Recipes later). So a good start to my week.

I woke up this morning feeling thinner. I can't describe it better than that. So I broke my once a week rule and weighed myself. I was 261.2, a full pound less this morning than yesterday. So I feel stupidly happy about that. Also, I tried and enjoyed a new way of drinking some protein (will post my vanilla chai recipe in Recipes later). So a good start to my week.
Actually I completely understand feeling THINNER!!!

Glad to hear it.

You may be the odd duck that needs much more protein. Some people need over 120 grams, some do fine on less.

Micronutrients: From Wikipedia but easiest to understand:

Ahh that's what I thought - and I should have looked it up myself. My apologies for not doing that and thank you for filling me in!

Ahh that's what I thought - and I should have looked it up myself. My apologies for not doing that and thank you for filling me in!

No worries! You knew what I meant. I am glad you plan to get into the doctor. The edema should be examined.

Latest posts

Back