Sunday Weigh In (10/9/2016)

LW 229
TW 227

Making progress a couple pounds at a time. Great milestone for me this week. Went dress shopping this weekend for a friend's wedding and I am officially unable to wear women's size dresses. 16W too big, 14W too big it felt so good! Regular 16 was just right and regular 14 actually fit (well except for my boobs trying to escape). It was so exciting to fit normal size clothes and to try things on without getting depressed or upset.

Spent the whole month of September in the hospital with my husband. There from 9/9 until last Thursday. WORST FOOD EVER! Found a couple souos tgat were edible. That being said...I have maintained at 133. It's a miracle! Love my DS.

LW 229
TW 227

Making progress a couple pounds at a time. Great milestone for me this week. Went dress shopping this weekend for a friend's wedding and I am officially unable to wear women's size dresses. 16W too big, 14W too big it felt so good! Regular 16 was just right and regular 14 actually fit (well except for my boobs trying to escape). It was so exciting to fit normal size clothes and to try things on without getting depressed or upset.
Great NSV! And you are doing good on the weight.
Spent the whole month of September in the hospital with my husband. There from 9/9 until last Thursday. WORST FOOD EVER! Found a couple souos tgat were edible. That being said...I have maintained at 133. It's a miracle! Love my DS.
Sorry your hubby was in the hospital. I hope he is well or healing now? Good for you for maintaining.

Bad week, I gained weight. I was up 3 pounds on Tuesday from Sunday. I had serious dental work on Monday - Bone graph, Root canal, etc and was on antibiotics for a five days. Then, I dropped two pounds. Ended the week up a pound. I don't really understand this. I'm not eating enough to gain weight and I should be losing. I'm getting plenty of protein 7 weeks out - 70 grams a day and I've eaten fat, but it has not been overkill. Stayed away from Carbs.

LW: 229
TW:230

Bad week, I gained weight. I was up 3 pounds on Tuesday from Sunday. I had serious dental work on Monday - Bone graph, Root canal, etc and was on antibiotics for a five days. Then, I dropped two pounds. Ended the week up a pound. I don't really understand this. I'm not eating enough to gain weight and I should be losing. I'm getting plenty of protein 7 weeks out - 70 grams a day and I've eaten fat, but it has not been overkill. Stayed away from Carbs.

LW: 229
TW:230
You are probably not eating enough. Remember that not enough food can stall weight loss or cause weight gain.

Sorry about the dental work. I understand how bad that can hurt.

Last month: 225
This month:226

Depressing. I'm 10 months out and this is the first month I actually gained. My food hasn't been great, but better than it has been some months. I fear I may be nearing the end of my DS honeymoon 26 pounds short of a normal 25 BMI.

Hello firends
LW: 133.5
TW: 133

I've been pretty stressed at work. Working from home is not easy nor is working for a friend. I find I work well over the 20 hours a week I was hired for. I can't help myself I do not want to let her down. And the politics in the Education field are ridiculous. I'm not used to the catty attitude of some of these women. I am a very direct professional. I don't like passive aggressive BS. Sorry thanks for listening!

Have a great week all!

Best
Whit

Last edited:
LW 172.0
TW 172.0
Stayed the same...Good otherwise.

BTW, this past Friday, Oct 7th, was my one year surgiversary!! Started the pre-op diet at 360, had surgery at 306 and now I'm at 172. All of my 'numbers' - blood pressure, cholestral, etc, are perfect. Labs are stable and in range. No more medication of any kind (just lots of vitamins!); no more CPAP machine; no more knee brace or cane (though still bone-on-bone so will need a new knee at some point); no more seat belt extenders or worrying about which chair to sit in. Just staying focused on protein and health and living life. DS was truly the best decision I've made for me in a very long time! Thanks to everyone on this board for your wisdom and support and for sharing this journey. Looking forward to year two!

Have a great week everyone!

LW 125
TW 123

Assuming I'm losing muscle mass. I am currently limited to isometric exercises 3x/day which are at least something, but I am reverting to 'stickgirl.' I am looking forward to rebuilding my lost muscle at the gym when I finally heal from this nightmare.
When I was putting my pants on last Sunday, I heard and felt a 'crunch, pop' in my hip. No pain, in fact, my super tight calf muscle which had been preventing me from walking normally, released! It's been great since then! Yahoo!!!!!
Now to get the feeling back in my foot and back of thigh. I am feeling some improvement.
Disneyland in a week! Have a scooter lined up at the hotel.

Have a great week!

Hello firends
LW: 133.5
TW: 133

I've been pretty stressed at work. Working from home is not easy nor is working for a friend. I find I work well over the 20 hours a week I was hired for. I can't help myself I do not want to let her down. And the politics in the Education field are ridiculous. I'm not used to the catty attitude of some of these women. I am a very direct professional. I don't like passive aggressive BS. Sorry thanks for listening!

Have a great week all!

Best
Whit
I could not work in primary education for that reason, that and the constant moaning I see by some (not all teachers) on FB. They are apparently the only people who have ever worked in their lives .....of course while they are complaining abut low pay and all the hours they work they are sitting by the pool at the local country club.

Please note I love teachers and the work that 98% of them do (2% of every profession sucks) but we all make career devisions and every profession has ups and downs. Btw average teacher pay in my district is $61k the last I checked and you can buy a very nice house with big yard fir $200k in my very nice small town.

Don't remember exact weight last week but I am 176 this week.

FYI: It is looking like I will be getting my colectomy on the 27th. I just have to firm up with Kristina tomorrow.

After consulting with St Google, it does seem antibiotics DO make you retain water. So, that explains this. Happy!!!

Latest posts

Back