Sunday Weigh In (10/16/2016)

LW 227
TW 224

Another busy week of audits, but managed to still go the right direction... 25# to onederland. :).

6 months out from surgery. 126# lost, and the hair loss has finally slowed down, woohoo. Feeling really good about it all, and excited that the progress continues.

My personal goal is 180, the Drs goal for me is 150. But no matter what, I already feel this has been a HUGE success.
That is great.

Its been a while since I have weighed in.
7-24-16 195.6
TW 183.4
My goal was 190 and I have been trying like crazy not to lose any more weight.
Don't fight it unless your protein numbers are bad. You will bottom out and bounce back.

LW: 82.2kg | 181.2lbs
TW: 81.6kg | 179.9lbs

Cooked a perfect steak last night, so hopefully will be able to add this more regularly to the menu (they've always intimidated me and I overcooked them). It took me about an hour, but I ate the whole thing and didn't feel particularly full. A big change from the days of the band, where a bad day meant not even one bite staying down!

Next two weekends I'm going to pay a little more to get the redeye back from Hong Kong right after class. Being away most of my weekend is tiring, and I have two months of being away all weekend for classes or travel coming up.

LW: 82.2kg | 181.2lbs
TW: 81.6kg | 179.9lbs

Cooked a perfect steak last night, so hopefully will be able to add this more regularly to the menu (they've always intimidated me and I overcooked them). It took me about an hour, but I ate the whole thing and didn't feel particularly full. A big change from the days of the band, where a bad day meant not even one bite staying down!

Next two weekends I'm going to pay a little more to get the redeye back from Hong Kong right after class. Being away most of my weekend is tiring, and I have two months of being away all weekend for classes or travel coming up.
Good for you!

Speaking of steak, if you aren't grilling, try the reverse sear. http://jesspryles.com/how-to-cook-a-steak-with-reverse-sear-method/ It's a great method when too yucky outside to grill.

Its been a while since I have weighed in.
7-24-16 195.6
TW 183.4
My goal was 190 and I have been trying like crazy not to lose any more weight.

Congrats on your amazing weight loss. It's exceedingly rare for anyone to lose too much weight. But, if you keep losing beyond where you feel healthy, you can always introduce a reasonable amount of carbs to the mix - fruit, rice, potatoes, etc.

LW 123
TW 125

MRI report came back saying one of the screws 'may' be too close to the sciatic nerve. Too hard to be definitive due to the hardware of my new hip. It also shows bone marrow edema and edema in the gluteus muscles most likely due to the revision (10 weeks ago!). This swelling could be causing pressure on the sciatic nerve as well. Next step is a CT scan scheduled for a week from Thursday.

In the meantime, tomorrow we leave for our Disneyland trip with the 4 grandkids and me! The three older ones (18, 16 and 13) will be a big help with the 6 year old. Two days at the parks and three at the hotel. I know that with my cane and scooter I will do fine and walk all their little legs off! It's soooo expensive I must make sure we get our money's worth! I may be down, but I am definitely not OUT!

Hope everyone has a great week!

LW 172.0
TW 171.0

Late to the party this week as I was on FIL duty this past week and he doesn't have a scale so weight is for this morning.

Doing OK generally but had a bad experience with potassium. It's been borderline for a while and I've been dealing with leg cramps, mostly at night, so when I saw him last Tuesday my doctor prescribed supplementation ('Potassium CL ER 20 MEQ Tablets' 3X/day). The first two days were OK but the third day I passed out twice with cold sweats, extreme fatigue, and heart palpitations. Dr. told me to cut back but it continued the next day so I stopped it all together. Two days later, I still don't feel 100%, though certainly better. Scary. Especially being away from home and responsible for the care of a 93 year old. It surprised me that a vitamin supplement could cause such intense and dangerous symptoms. I recall years ago being prescribed a 'potassium sparing diuretic' for high blood pressure and having a similar reaction so I guess I'm just very sensitive to anything that messes with my potassium! Suppose I'll deal with the borderline level and leg cramps for now. Anyone else have similar experience?

Good otherwise. Have a great Fall week everyone!

Julie

Good for you!

Speaking of steak, if you aren't grilling, try the reverse sear. http://jesspryles.com/how-to-cook-a-steak-with-reverse-sear-method/ It's a great method when too yucky outside to grill.

Like most people here, I don't have an outside; I live on the 29th storey! There might be a communal BBQ somewhere, but that's for special events and requires booking. I *do* have a Le Creuset cast iron griddle plate and a gas cooktop, so I make do pretty well, though! I found buying good quality knives, pots and pans made all the difference to how enjoyable working in the kitchen is.

LW 123
TW 125

MRI report came back saying one of the screws 'may' be too close to the sciatic nerve. Too hard to be definitive due to the hardware of my new hip. It also shows bone marrow edema and edema in the gluteus muscles most likely due to the revision (10 weeks ago!). This swelling could be causing pressure on the sciatic nerve as well. Next step is a CT scan scheduled for a week from Thursday.

In the meantime, tomorrow we leave for our Disneyland trip with the 4 grandkids and me! The three older ones (18, 16 and 13) will be a big help with the 6 year old. Two days at the parks and three at the hotel. I know that with my cane and scooter I will do fine and walk all their little legs off! It's soooo expensive I must make sure we get our money's worth! I may be down, but I am definitely not OUT!

Enjoy Disney!

You are maintaining nicely. As far as the screws...they can cause issues until your body decides they are no longer a foreign body.
LW 172.0
TW 171.0

Late to the party this week as I was on FIL duty this past week and he doesn't have a scale so weight is for this morning.

Doing OK generally but had a bad experience with potassium. It's been borderline for a while and I've been dealing with leg cramps, mostly at night, so when I saw him last Tuesday my doctor prescribed supplementation ('Potassium CL ER 20 MEQ Tablets' 3X/day). The first two days were OK but the third day I passed out twice with cold sweats, extreme fatigue, and heart palpitations. Dr. told me to cut back but it continued the next day so I stopped it all together. Two days later, I still don't feel 100%, though certainly better. Scary. Especially being away from home and responsible for the care of a 93 year old. It surprised me that a vitamin supplement could cause such intense and dangerous symptoms. I recall years ago being prescribed a 'potassium sparing diuretic' for high blood pressure and having a similar reaction so I guess I'm just very sensitive to anything that messes with my potassium! Suppose I'll deal with the borderline level and leg cramps for now. Anyone else have similar experience?

Good otherwise. Have a great Fall week everyone!

Julie
Doing good on the weight. And take care of yourself. As far as potassium...maybe slowly add more potassium rich foods (like avocados, coconut water, kefir or yogurt. (those are the things on the list that are more DS friendly than some of the other VERY carby stuff). A drink to add may be tomaot juice or something like V8 juice. Just make sure you include these in your carb count if you are counting them. I know some take OTC potassium but that would be a far lower dose than a prescription. I would focus on adding foods before heading the pill route again.

Were you there before or after the hurricane? If after, how are things looking?
What a great NSV...being able to put on a swimsuit! You are doing good.

Glad your house is sold and thru the closing. Just start walking around the RV parks.
After hurricane. Gulf side is fine, hurricane didn't affect them. Our original plans were for Myrtle Beach but our reservations were cancelled due to the resort being closed from the hurricane. We regrouped and changed destinations.

After hurricane. Gulf side is fine, hurricane didn't affect them. Our original plans were for Myrtle Beach but our reservations were cancelled due to the resort being closed from the hurricane. We regrouped and changed destinations.
I have family on both sides...sister in Tallahassee and cousins in St. Augustine. They've both been hit this season. Altho the one that hit Tallahassee was far easier than the Hurricane Matthew was.

I suspect all that running around this summer is doing it. Aren't you about ready to wrap up your season?

I suspect that you might see a small bit of bounce back this winter.
End of this month. Maybe it's all the things I got going on. The campground, bear guiding, and just started a deer scent business. Plus every day life. Lol I must be a gluten for punishment!

I've been wondering about you, Jim! Are you able to eat much st a time, are you feeling good?
I'm feeling great just busy! Been eating like a pig! 5 ounces is about it at one time but it feels like I'm eating all day long. I make sure I get my vitamins and protein in and after that it is almost all carbs. Not bragging it's just I don't want to lose anymore and I'm trying to slow or stop the weight loss. It feels weird to actually eat anything I want and stay the same or actually lose weight.

LW 123
TW 125

Dang Pam. So what happens if it is the screw?

Have fun at Disney. If I wasn't going to be missing haf a colon I would try to come see you. :D

I'm feeling great just busy! Been eating like a pig! 5 ounces is about it at one time but it feels like I'm eating all day long. I make sure I get my vitamins and protein in and after that it is almost all carbs. Not bragging it's just I don't want to lose anymore and I'm trying to slow or stop the weight loss. It feels weird to actually eat anything I want and stay the same or actually lose weight.
Hey Jim good to hear from you. Carbs don't make me gain weight either which is why it amazes how some freak out so much about carbs. I know for some it does but I post on Dr K's private FB group and there are lots of people who I am convinced think that if they have 31 carbs daily instead of there normal and stupid low 30 grams that they will instantly turn into a whale. I try not to discuss it with them and I just shake my head at them about that and few other goofy ass things they rant about, as Russ @chevtow can attest. He cracks me up btw because every once in a while he calls out whatever stupid thing somebody is carrying on about and Ia ugh my ass off.

Anyway don't fret the loss too much. You will bounce back. There are very few who really ger malnutrition like I had so I am sure you will level out and put a couple back on.

Latest posts

Back