Sunday Weigh In (1/8/2017)

LW 127
TW 127

One more week of Winter Break. Put in the paperwork for retirement from Texas (10 years of teaching there). Have decided to do one more year in California to make an even 20 here. Can't help but be a bit nervous about the years to come (Medicare and the small amount of Social Security I will receive in addition to my pensions. Guess I shouldn't complain or live in fear!)
I am sure your pension is going to be much better than the approximate $700 a month I have coming from an old pension and my paltry 401-k. I will need every penny of SS that I can scrounge. That being said I will get the maximum benefit. I started filling out the online paper work for SSDI this week and will hopefully get that finished up this week if I feel up to it.

Congrats on your decision to retire in a year. Enjoy

Little late, had out of town guests yesterday.

LW 198
TW. 199.5

When I did my "official" weigh (first thing Sunday morning) I was 199.5, but I'm just bouncing 4# all over the place. 198-202.

Have increased strength training over the past couple weeks..I don't think I've actually BUILT any muscle, but every one in my body sure is sore from it.

In a concentrated effort to ensure I'm getting my protein in, in the new year I have been more particular about what I've been eating and in doing so I think I've inadvertently cut my fat back too much ...Things aren't quite flowing as well as they had been.

This plateau is annoying, but I'm not discouraged- just going to keep at it each day .

LW 198
TW. 199.5

When I did my "official" weigh (first thing Sunday morning) I was 199.5, but I'm just bouncing 4# all over the place. 198-202.

Have increased strength training over the past couple weeks..I don't think I've actually BUILT any muscle, but every one in my body sure is sore from it.

In a concentrated effort to ensure I'm getting my protein in, in the new year I have been more particular about what I've been eating and in doing so I think I've inadvertently cut my fat back too much ...Things aren't quite flowing as well as they had been.

This plateau is annoying, but I'm not discouraged- just going to keep at it each day .

That bounce-around happens to me when I start strength training in earnest. It probably isn't muscle weight just yet, but very well could be the water retention that often accompanies that type of exercise - and that is ok! Here is a copied blurb from the web on what may be happening:

"Microscopic tears occur in your muscle fibers when you lift weights. These tears are part of the muscle-building process, and they are often the cause of delayed-onset muscle soreness after intense training sessions. When these tears occur, muscles may swell slightly and retain fluid for a few days after the exercise. This is a normal part of the recovery process."

I was actually up from 170 last week to 176 this morning. That being said I am pretty loaded up again and am sure it is poop weight. I have been pooping all day but just a little bit each time and I am not coming close to emptying. It has been a rough day as I have that feeling like fecal matter is getting stuck in my rectum so I have had a lot of discomfort all day. I have trouble emptying my bladder when I have the stuck poop issue and my umbilicus down to top of groin is sore. I wouldn't be shocked if I have some big stones in my bladder.

Anyway I am drinking a lot today and eating a good amount of greasy food that typically leaves me with volcano ass so I am hoping I can get everything flushed through.

BTW on Friday I picked up a Holter monitor and completed 24 hours of monitoring test. Not that I want any cardiac issues but if it came back indicating that I need a pacemaker that certainly would be the end of the world. An echo has been ordered as well but I think insurance is balking so it might be a few weeks before that one happens. MY PCP finally ordered the Holter monitor because I am often bradycadic and my pulse was 90/50 when I saw him on Tuesday. My BP was a low as 74/45 the night before being discharged from my Oct, 21 surgery.
I do hope you get answers.

LW 198
TW. 199.5

Sorry about the gain but it's likely water from muscle repair. Keep feeding your body what it needs...and get the fat back up.

I'm late too...
LW 130
TW 131.5
Blah!

I'm not eating enough. I need to get back to my morning shakes.

Have a great week all.
Whit

It finally occurred to me yesterday WHY I was up this week....cough drops.

We do NOT use sugar free due to potential bathroom issues so we use regular ones. And I was popping about one an hour for the better part of a week. I was finally able to stop them yesterday?

Latest posts

Back