Sunday Weigh In (1/31/2016)

LW BMI: 30.8
TW BMI: 30.4

I never thought I'd say this but I need fat. I'm clawing at my dry skin and two days ago had a poop that seemed to have a dagger in it and sliced me. I've been eating a spoonful of peanut butter. I can't knock a shot of olive oil down like others do. I'll see if I can shake in a spoonful of oil in with Premier Protein RTD. I don't have too many ways of getting fat as I'm only managing about an ounce of dense protein once a WEEK, otherwise it won't stay down. (I believe I have developed spastic esophageal motility disorder, probably from vagus nerve trauma during surgery, and so it may be a long time before it self-corrects and I can eat protein.)

My dressing room is a minefield of piles of pants that do not fit. I hear you @JuliaDS -- I don't want to buy anything expensive that I will wear once. For now, my clothing consists of cheap jeans and mens oxford shirts... with a Hermes scarf and a designer purse when I need to take it up a notch. And I always wear a lot of bling. (I'm retired so don't need business attire.) I have some nice clothes two sizes down that I left behind on my way up the scale so I just need to be able to get away with this fashion misstatement for another 15-20# -- and pray I don't have to go to a funeral.
Doing good.

Maybe HWC in a protein shake? Are you drinking coffee yet? If so add HWC and maybe even butter or coconut oil to it.

ALSO when you get out of the shower, use coconut oil on your skin. It is helping mine even when nothing else does. I just throw on a robe til I get back upstairs and by then it's soaked in (or in my robe).
LW: 130.5
TW: 129

Long week of stress and late nights. I had to fly to LA on Friday and work Saturday, which is usually a day off for me. I left my vitamins and PPI at home. Acid made sleep difficult and eating minimal. I tossed my cookies in the John Wayn Airport Bathroom. When I got home I was so tired I just went to bed. My VPN is down and IT is not answering my SOS so I have to into the office to access the server so Sunday is now a work day too. The blasted Super Bowel is here this year, streets are closed and the city is a zoo so I have to take public transportation into the office...

Whine whine whine... Yikes sorry.

Have a great week all.
Whit, you definitely need to take care of yourself. Sorry you forgot your vitamins at home.
LW: 230
TW: 227

Yay! The scale started moving again in the appropriate direction!
Talking about Super Bowels... I think that's what got me over the stall I was in this morning. It was quite impressive! LOL
Good for you!

Good news @BebeZed and sorry Whit that you are having such a rough week.

Thanks Scott! I am glad to hear you're also headed in the right direction. :)
Now if only that dream job would pop up... for us both!

I know mine will pop up once I finish my phlebotomy certification... I just have to hang in there until the end of the year. Seems like such a very long time!

Thanks Scott! I am glad to hear you're also headed in the right direction. :)
Now if only that dream job would pop up... for us both!

I know mine will pop up once I finish my phlebotomy certification... I just have to hang in there until the end of the year. Seems like such a very long time!
If I have to I should be able to pick up a contract Project or Program Manager role. I simply don't want to do that because for one I will still be looking and having to interview and then juggle that the contract employment gig, and I will potentially have to commute about 65 miles daily....or even worse yet, I may have to go back to Caterpillar but in an agency/contractor role where you are treated like a second class citizen because so many of the managers are scared to death of the co-employment perception and possible legal ramifications (all in their minds) so even though you are an employee just like the CAT Person sitting next to you and have all the same responsibility (your badge is jut red rather than white) , your boss can't do a simple monthly one on one or give you smart goals. Just stupid and a pain in the ass for everybody.

I will do what I have to and I have one month of severance left so I will have to do something soon if I don't land a permanent gig that I want, but I really don't want to take a contract role which by definition is temporary (Regardless of how well paid I am it is a lot of stress as you don't know where you will be in 1, 3, 5 years).

Good luck on your vampire certificate and new career.

I'm down to 168 pounds and no clothes that fit well. I don't want to buy any pants until I level out though. I've been wearing my 13 year old son's pants but they don't fit.

I'm down to 168 pounds and no clothes that fit well. I don't want to buy any pants until I level out though. I've been wearing my 13 year old son's pants but they don't fit.
168? What were you at surgery? You our only a 2-3.months out from surgery, right?

BTW, go to goodwill. You will be losing weight for a while and wine level out for a while.

If thrift stores don't have any, go with cheap pants/jeans or maybe find some on clearance. Men's pants/jeans that end up at thrift stores are usually very worn.

@DSRIGGS I was 242 at surgery about 3 months ago. I've slowed the weight loss to about 1/2 pound a day.

@southernlady That's exactly what I've found trying to find pants. Men give them away when they're only fit for the trash. It's even hard to find good shirts but not impossible like with pants.

For whatever reason I found really nice condition dress slacks for work. $80 type slacks for $4.

I did but a pair of really cheap jeans from Walmart and they were very god jeans and lasted well. Bought a pair after the loss settled in, because they were so comfortable.

Little rant warning: I feel guilty about that because Walmart is brutal to its supply chain (put a an old company/plant out of business) and is a government sucking leach who has the rest of the taxpaying consumers in America paying for its workers to get food stamps because they pay them so poorly that they need assistance. Sorry, rant over.

LW: 273.2 (From Jan 11th - dangit, forgot to post!)
TW: 266.3

I know it could be going down at a more dramatic angle on the charts since I am only 4 months out, but still happy that it's pointed in the downward direction. Last year at this time I had a Dr. Appointment and my printout from that day says my weight was 353 - so in a year I am down 86lb (43lb from Jan-Oct pre-surgery)!

LW: 273.2 (From Jan 11th - dangit, forgot to post!)
TW: 266.3

I know it could be going down at a more dramatic angle on the charts since I am only 4 months out, but still happy that it's pointed in the downward direction. Last year at this time I had a Dr. Appointment and my printout from that day says my weight was 353 - so in a year I am down 86lb (43lb from Jan-Oct pre-surgery)!
Doing great....and heading toward the Century club from your highest weight.

@DSRIGGS I was 242 at surgery about 3 months ago. I've slowed the weight loss to about 1/2 pound a day.

@southernlady That's exactly what I've found trying to find pants. Men give them away when they're only fit for the trash. It's even hard to find good shirts but not impossible like with pants.
The weight loss will kind of do what it is going to do, so just eat and drink properly and hang on for the ride. :D

@DSRIGGS I broke down and bought some clothes at Walmart today. Just a couple shirts on clearance and a pair of slacks and jeans. I also try not to buy from there for many of the same reasons.

@Whit I'll try threadup and see if I have any luck. Thanks for the suggestion.

@Felicity You're doing great! Congrats!

Latest posts

Back