Sunday Weigh In (1/31/2016)

LW: 180
TW: 181

Definitely moving the right direction and I had been 183 most of the week, but apparently I had too much fat yesterday and my system is letting me know this morning..so dropped a couple pounds.

I am feeling like I am finally on the upswing. My only concern is a few lab readings, with vitamin A being one that I can't seem to get back in range even though taking 200k IU daily. Dr k agreed that I need an injection of vitamin A and his office sent the information over to my PCP and the pharmacy is ordering it. Hopefully I can get it done this week. My hope is that my other lab values will improve as my weight increases (which to me is a sign of increased absorption).
And I get back towards my goal weight.

All in all a pretty good week for the family and me. Now if I can just find the job I am looking for (or win the lottery) life will be good.

LW 247.2
TW 245.2

Need to go shopping today since I'm speaking at a conference this week and the only suit that I could still barely get away with a couple of weeks ago now looks ridiculous! Hate spending money on a suit but I do need at least one so hopefully I'll find something at TJ Max or Marshall's or on sale somewhere. No idea what size I am so should be interesting (and challenging).

Have a great week everyone!

LW 247.2
TW 245.2

Need to go shopping today since I'm speaking at a conference this week and the only suit that I could still barely get away with a couple of weeks ago now looks ridiculous! Hate spending money on a suit but I do need at least one so hopefully I'll find something at TJ Max or Marshall's or on sale somewhere. No idea what size I am so should be interesting (and challenging).

These are the "good problems to have ". Great stuff.

LW: 180
TW: 181

Definitely moving the right direction and I had been 183 most of the week, but apparently I had too much fat yesterday and my system is letting me know this morning..so dropped a couple pounds.

I am feeling like I am finally on the upswing. My only concern is a few lab readings, with vitamin A being one that I can't seem to get back in range even though taking 200k IU daily. Dr k agreed that I need an injection of vitamin A and his office sent the information over to my PCP and the pharmacy is ordering it. Hopefully I can get it done this week. My hope is that my other lab values will improve as my weight increases (which to me is a sign of increased absorption).
And I get back towards my goal weight.

All in all a pretty good week for the family and me. Now if I can just find the job I am looking for (or win the lottery) life will be good.
Good going. I am hoping you do find a job soon.
LW 247.2
TW 245.2

Check out Kohl's

You are doing fantastic. And yes finding your new size will be a challenge...but remember, each brand has different size reference. Example, in Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, I wear a 6 but in DKNY it's an 8.

LW BMI: 30.8
TW BMI: 30.4

I never thought I'd say this but I need fat. I'm clawing at my dry skin and two days ago had a poop that seemed to have a dagger in it and sliced me. I've been eating a spoonful of peanut butter. I can't knock a shot of olive oil down like others do. I'll see if I can shake in a spoonful of oil in with Premier Protein RTD. I don't have too many ways of getting fat as I'm only managing about an ounce of dense protein once a WEEK, otherwise it won't stay down. (I believe I have developed spastic esophageal motility disorder, probably from vagus nerve trauma during surgery, and so it may be a long time before it self-corrects and I can eat protein.)

My dressing room is a minefield of piles of pants that do not fit. I hear you @JuliaDS -- I don't want to buy anything expensive that I will wear once. For now, my clothing consists of cheap jeans and mens oxford shirts... with a Hermes scarf and a designer purse when I need to take it up a notch. And I always wear a lot of bling. (I'm retired so don't need business attire.) I have some nice clothes two sizes down that I left behind on my way up the scale so I just need to be able to get away with this fashion misstatement for another 15-20# -- and pray I don't have to go to a funeral.

@Clematis are you able to eat bacon? Bacon was a staple for me for a while, I mean like a three, Costco Hormel, precooked, 50 slices packs (3 g protein a slice) a week. You simply put it on a paper plate with a paper towel top and bottom, then nuke it to your desired level of crispiness....from fatty and chewy to very crisp. To me it was o light that I could really pack it in. A hamburger was like a rock at that point, pork chop was the same and I could eat greasy chicken (thighs) but the bacon was my staple. BTW, I still don't like bacon you get from a diner. Too greasy for me.

large_2cbd2279-4a7a-47ab-8aca-27fc3440f6f6.JPG

In any case of you can eat this stuff you will get a double whammy of protein and fat.

Can you do a sunny side up egg yet? Those are great as well for keeping things going and a jumbo egg is 7 g of protein. I couldn't even think of a hard boiled egg until probably 9 months out. Again, those things were too dense and dry, like a chalky rock.

Are you taking vitamin E? If not I would suggest you need to. I take two 400 mg capsules daily (NOW Food 400 mg Dry E)

It sounds like you may have a fissure as well if you feel like you cut your pooper. If so there is a compounded material you can get from a pharmacy that compounds and it is called Bethanocol- Diltiziem. You apply a drop four times a day and the purpose is too relax the sphincter muscle as that allows blood flow and healing. Additionally, do sitz baths or a hot shower letting the water flow over that area....same thing as the med, promotes blood flow which promotes healing.

@DSRIGGS I was just thinking of making a slice of bacon and dipping it in the runny yolk of a soft boiled egg as I cannot eat the white. I cannot eat more than one slice and one yolk, though. I swear my sleeve is the size of a golf pencil.

Never tried the pre-cooked at Costco but will get some today.

Taking 400mg of E.

And yeah I knew something bad was happening "down south" but there was no way to stop the progress once begun, y'know. It throbbed for the rest of the day. Today, I know it's still there but I am not in pain. I had a fissure in the same place about 8 years ago that would not go away. Metamucil and time helped. I have a separate porcelain bidet but didn't notice that it did anything for the fissure of yore but I will try it this time. If it doesn;t resolve on its own, I'll try the BD.

Thanks, Scott

Yeah, I don't like any other pre cooked bacon as it is too thin and not a good value. This stuff is thick and meaty. It is like $11 or $12 for a 50 slice package that would last you a long time. I could eat a good amount of those as it was light and not too greasy. As I mentioned, an IHOP type place bacon, nearly makes me heave to this day because it is so greasy...it is like they fry in extra fat...but this stuff I can pack away.

......and I too could not do egg whites or any type egg other than a very runny sunny side up egg when I was at your stage. I can now and often have 4 eggs scrambled with 1/2 cup shredded 4 cheese mexican blend, and add in 2 slices of deli turkey or ham. That is about 60 grams of protein....oh, after I have the slice of oatnut toast with almond butter and jelly.

anyway, the egg and bacon should help things flowing.

BTW, I take two Vit E's and recently had to jump to 3 a day as I fell out of range. I can tell I am absorbing better because my skin isn't as dry so I am hoping this means my E is picking up as well.

One other food tip for protein and bowel function. I love soups like a vegetable beef made with ground beef. The veggies help the bowels moving. I add a bunch of sour cream to the bowl of soup and too me this is a double whammy, especially early on when I struggled to drink enough. The soup broth counts towards fluid counts and it also gives protein from the meat and sour cream and the liquid also helps keep things flowing. Everything is about the poop and protein!!! :p

I almost forgot, I am a guy after all, you are quite welcome. :D

LW: 130.5
TW: 129

Long week of stress and late nights. I had to fly to LA on Friday and work Saturday, which is usually a day off for me. I left my vitamins and PPI at home. Acid made sleep difficult and eating minimal. I tossed my cookies in the John Wayn Airport Bathroom. When I got home I was so tired I just went to bed. My VPN is down and IT is not answering my SOS so I have to into the office to access the server so Sunday is now a work day too. The blasted Super Bowel is here this year, streets are closed and the city is a zoo so I have to take public transportation into the office...

Whine whine whine... Yikes sorry.

Have a great week all.

LW: 230
TW: 227

Yay! The scale started moving again in the appropriate direction!
Talking about Super Bowels... I think that's what got me over the stall I was in this morning. It was quite impressive! LOL

Latest posts

Back