Sunday 3/15 - how did you move today?

JackieOnLine

Staff member
I just did 15 minutes of cardio

:treadmill:

so far I haven't walked the dogs - the weather is warm but cloudy and very windy and I frankly don't feel like it.

I love all the posts yesterday and really admire those of you who are hardworking and getting things done. I seem to have a high threshold for only doing sedentary activities like reading my library books so I need to go with what works for me.

thinking ahead to the workweek it will be good if I walk the dogs before work if I can, because then I can walk them again after work which would be ideal. I suspect something as simple as laying out the clothes and shoes I need to do that so it's easy might make a difference.

:chores walkdog:

Today was mostly supervision but I was outside getting some much needed sunshine. Watched two guys (our general contractor/jack of all trades and one of his loosely group crew) dig up a broken, leaking faucet that we ended up capping off to stop the leak.

it's always something with a house, isn't it?

I enjoyed pulling some weeds but I could see where having to keep too big an area clear that way would be tiresome.

but the feeling of getting the entire dandelion root - that is one good feeling. better than a jackpot!

it's always something with a house, isn't it?

I enjoyed pulling some weeds but I could see where having to keep too big an area clear that way would be tiresome.

but the feeling of getting the entire dandelion root - that is one good feeling. better than a jackpot!
YES!!!

Now, I didn't do any digging...reason being if the two that did broke a line, they would fix it no charge. If I broke it, I would still have to pay. But I did help in getting the brush that Jim had to cut out of the way so Tim could dig.

Btw, Jim is our general handyman...he mainly handles the yard and has a sheet of other help if needed. Tim is the one who is plumber, etc...he also built the new car port.

Before...and the post sticking up with the handle on it just to the left of the water hose is what was leaking. And the faucet on that post was NOT needed, we had another one less than 10 ft away. The main line into the house is to the left of the faucet (the white thing next to the faucet is the sewer line access and is in line with the main line).
before.jpg

After...

after.jpg

The guys had to dig almost 3 ft down. I'm just glad it was right there. Once we got to it, all it took to fix it was a 3/4 inch PVC cap.

Poor Jim was moaning over the mess they made of "HIS" yard, LOL.

We got lucky finding Jim...when dh tried to slice his hand off just after we moved in, we talked to the realtor who sold us the house for a name of someone who could do the yard work while dh healed...that was Jim and he's been doing it ever since. It's nice in that he knows this house upside down and backwards as he was the handyman for the lady who owned it for the 10 years prior to her estate selling it to us.

Latest posts

Back