Southernlady's before and after

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Back in 2001, yeap that is ME in the wheelchair:

My heaviest summer of 2002, weighed about 250 (at 5'4" is a 42.9 BMI)

Me at 210 in the spring of 2010...I saw a baratric surgeon for the first time shortly after that, pre-op surgery weight was 205 (a 35.2 BMI)

And this was me back in the summer of 2012 at my smallest (I had jaw surgery by then and actually saw 121 for 10 seconds!)

And here is my progression photo:
Left to right:
Highest, about 250
Pre-op, about 210
1 month out
2 months out
6 months out
At goal

Very inspirational! You have an amazing smile that shines throughout.

In addition to ditching the chair and cane, I notice that in the first few pictures in the progression, you appear to have an arm outstretched to furniture for support or stability (maybe "just in case"?), and in the last photo, both hands are free! Thanks for sharing.

I wish I had kept photos of my journey, but had spent so many years avoiding cameras I didn't break the habit of hiding in time...

Mostly just in case...altho even in the last one, I have them perched on something...my legs!

Dh and I made sure we took before photos and monthly photos the first year. After that, it's mostly been catch as catch can. One of us has to be behind the camera and we are taking more pet photos than "US" photos.

Amazing....I have been like a ostrich with my head in the sand about before pics. I hate them. I think I may regret it, so I have finally decided to start taking some, but they will be kept in a dark and hidden place that is for sure.

holy moly, Liz, that's incredible. I don't have photos, mostly, so I hadn't peeked in this forum before but I should have.

inspiring, indeed!

Liz, you know that I think you (and Charles) are just awesome!! You hand that camera over to someone and get a picture of the two of you looking so great! :)

What an inspiring transformation:)
What else I love about your journey is the progress you made from being an insulin pump using diabetic (T2) to now being in the Pre-D range, and I am hoping that this too will resolve by the next few labs.

You look beautiful. And, I, too, would love to see pictures of yourself and Charles. :)

oh man, I'm so inspired! I know we have different stories and paths.....but you in the wheelchair put it all into perspective. I am not wheelchair bound by any means, but if I have to go somewhere (like a hospital appointment) I have to be wheeled around and it sucks. You give me hope that some day I can get rid of it and even with my dodgy hips, I will be able to walk about. Well done to you. I hope you are very proud of how far you have come :)

oh man, I'm so inspired! I know we have different stories and paths.....but you in the wheelchair put it all into perspective. I am not wheelchair bound by any means, but if I have to go somewhere (like a hospital appointment) I have to be wheeled around and it sucks. You give me hope that some day I can get rid of it and even with my dodgy hips, I will be able to walk about. Well done to you. I hope you are very proud of how far you have come :)
The wheelchair was not all the time but the cane was...and I used scooters in stores a lot back then. You can do this...

Latest posts

Back