So, Vitamin K...

Spiky Bugger

I have been using Superior Source Triple K. Teeny sublingual tablets, very easy to take. I went to reorder and found that there are other choices. Cheaper.

Besides Superior Source (56¢/tablet), FutureBiotics (23¢/capsule) has what looks like the same product except it's a capsule, and Bronson (11¢/capsule) has a similar product.

Those are Amazon prices...for comparison purposes. Anybody know anything about these?

Last edited:
Hi there,
I saw a commercial about these kind of vitamins. R they popular w dsers? Do they absorb properly? Which Brand did u order? Im pretty ignorant, but eager to learn about everything so that I can stay healthy in my weight loss journey. Thank u for posting this info. I appreciate it alot.

@Spiky Bugger best thing you can do is try assuming your K is nicely in range right now. As a long time DSer, you know what type of K to use but dh and I stick to the BioTech brand.

@Smalltowngirl there is a thread in this section about the Vitalady list http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/vitalady-links.11/
Your best bet is to start there either buying them from her at Vitalady.com or from Amazon (we have a store here that links to Amazon)

@Spiky Bugger best thing you can do is try assuming your K is nicely in range right now. As a long time DSer, you know what type of K to use but dh and I stick to the BioTech brand.

@Smalltowngirl there is a thread in this section about the Vitalady list http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/vitalady-links.11/
Your best bet is to start there either buying them from her at Vitalady.com or from Amazon (we have a store here that links to Amazon)

We don't test the K...we rest PT/INR. I am RIGHT at the border of okay-not okay. And that's with at least two (more if surgery is scheduled) of the 56¢ tabs per day...$33/mo in Vit K. So I'm seeking a cheaper alternative. If one exists.

We don't test the K...we rest PT/INR. I am RIGHT at the border of okay-not okay. And that's with at least two (more if surgery is scheduled) of the 56¢ tabs per day...$33/mo in Vit K. So I'm seeking a cheaper alternative. If one exists.
Dh was having his PT/INR tested not his K for several years. His PT/INR was fine but when his K was finally tested, he was above toxic level. He's dropped it to normal and his PT/INR hasn't changed a significant amount.

Hi there,
I saw a commercial about these kind of vitamins. R they popular w dsers? Do they absorb properly? Which Brand did u order? Im pretty ignorant, but eager to learn about everything so that I can stay healthy in my weight loss journey. Thank u for posting this info. I appreciate it alot.

Well, the Superior Source is VERY easy to take. But, because of another health issue, I'm taking LOTS of OTC type supplements that my doctor recommended, but are not covered by my insurance. So I'm bargain hunting.

I want to replace:
TWO Superior Source Vit K1 (500 mcg), Vit K2-4 ( 500 mcg ), Vit K2-7 ( 50 mcg)
So a total of---> Vit K1 (1000 mcg), Vit K2-4 ( 1000 mcg ), Vit K2-7 ( 100 mcg)
A daily cost of $1.12.

I will take:
TWO Futurebiotic TriplePlay Vit K1 (100 mcg), Vit K2-4 ( 400 mcg ), Vit K2-7 ( 50 mcg)
and
ONE BioTech Vit K1 (1000 mcg)
So a total of ---> Vit K1 (1100 mcg), Vit K2-4 ( 800 mcg ), Vit K2-7 ( 100 mcg)
A daily cost of 40¢.

That leaves me 200 mcg short on the Vit K2-4. (BTW, I can find nothing on the ratio of each kind of K we need to take.) And if I need (how will I know?) to add 200 mcg more Vit K-2-4, I can buy that for 13-18¢ per day, which would bring the daily cost up, but only to less than half of what I'm spending now.

Hope that wasn't too confusing...

Sue

Dh was having his PT/INR tested not his K for several years. His PT/INR was fine but when his K was finally tested, he was above toxic level. He's dropped it to normal and his PT/INR hasn't changed a significant amount.

Wow! Good to know.

I'm pretty sure my low K has been the problem. I had a kidney stone procedure scheduled, was in the pre-op prep area, IVs in my arm, etc and my INR was too high. So they cancelled the procedure and kicked me out. I increased my K, retested a week later, and was good to go.

Latest posts

Back