Author: Cookies & Cups
Serves: serves 6
Ingredients
  • 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
  • 2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese
  • 2 (1 oz) packets dry Ranch seasoning
  • 8 oz bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled
Instructions
  1. In a slow cooker combine place chicken, cream cheese, and Ranch seasoning.
  2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
  3. Once chicken shreds stir with a large fork or spoon, so the chicken shreds and all the ingredients combine.
  4. Add in crumbled bacon and stir to incorporate.
  5. Serve warm.
I made this yesterday...using chicken thighs not chicken breasts.

I haven't figured out the macros but *I* used 4 blocks of cream cheese and two packs of Costco pre-packs of chicken thighs. And I didn't measure the bacon, just dumped some in.

Did you use boneless chicken thighs or bone in? With or without the skin? I'm always looking for good chicken recipes. I have a slow cooker but rarely use it because my stuff just doesn't come out great. I've even tried EN's hunk o' critter recipe (I think that's what she calls it) but my results just aren't that good.

Did you use boneless chicken thighs or bone in? With or without the skin? I'm always looking for good chicken recipes. I have a slow cooker but rarely use it because my stuff just doesn't come out great. I've even tried EN's hunk o' critter recipe (I think that's what she calls it) but my results just aren't that good.
Boneless, no skin. It works straight out of the pot, as a warm dip, or as a sandwich. I'm doing mine right out of a bowl.

I'm in the same boat with hunk o' critter...nothing I tried worked.

Gotta try this one, saving it.. I have an excess (ha!) of cream cheese (I buy it by the 8? pack at Sam's..)

Latest posts

Back