Single Anastomosis Duodeno-Ileal Bypass ("Loop DS") vs a Proper DS

@dguaton74 I'm so sorry that happened to you. Yes, @DianaCox is still around. May I suggest you start a new thread with your experience and questions. I know alot of people will post to help you out. I'm still a newbie so I don't know much but best of luck.
Thanks, I was looking for legal resources if anyone knew of any.

I am traveling right now, in the middle of BFE (NV) on my way to Yellowstone for a couple of weeks. Internet is spotty at best. I had heard that a group of patients who this happened to were thinking of suing. I will see if I can find someone who knows who their attorney is.

Keep talking to Diana and all the legal experts but here is yet another angle. Insurance fraud. Loop/SIPS/SADI are experimental procedures and NOT covered by insurance. The CPT code for DS specifies 2 anastomoses...NOT ONE! If your insurance paid for this procedure under the DS CPT code a fraud has been perpetrated against them and you.

The problem with insurance fraud as a cause of action is that it is not YOUR cause of action - it belongs to the insurance company and you can't get compensation for it.

It is actually possible that - depending on the intent - this could be a criminal case of assault and battery. You did not give him permission to touch you in that way. Frankly, it feels a lot like rape of an unconscious patient - only with more severe and permanent physical harm.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back