Saying Hello

Hello @srober20 :) Welcome, Sonia you are among friends! All I can say is that DS was one of the best decisions I ever made. The sleeve alone wouldn't have gotten and kept me where I wanted to be in terms of health, size and lifestyle. DS fixed my broken metabolism and gave me a fresh start.

@brooklyngirl - So pretty. I love your photos before and after! I love being "normal" too!

Welcome - I will be hitting 2 years post ds on 9/23 and although I have been battling malnutrition due to too much malabsorbtion I wouldn't change a thing. I had the surgery to cure my diabetes and it did. My A1C is around 4.0, cholesterol is 100 and bp is around 95/65. I went from 361 down to as low as 175 but I am up to a much healthier 188-190 now.

BTW I eat like a horse and pretty much whatever I feel like eating (protein is the main focus). The DS is awesome and I am so glad a friend of mine told me about the Ds.

Welcome

welcome, glad you are here! read, read, read, then ask questions. To me this is the best DS site. - I am pre-op having surg on 6/16 by Boyce. I was like you, did not know about DS till I went to him to evaluate my options after my lap-band did not work..I have learned so much reading here and a couple other sites. Good luck to you

Hello welcome to the board. I was a ERNY revision to DS in Oct 2013. I have been the problem child in the group. Anything that could go wrong after surgery has with me. I am alive today due to no thanks to myself but because of these aggressive pushy mean vets who refuse to let a DSer get dead and ruin the DS great reputation. So if they seem harsh, pushy or agressive put on your big girl panties and take it.... welcome

I am alive today due to no thanks to myself but because of these aggressive pushy mean vets who refuse to let a DSer get dead and ruin the DS great reputation. So if they seem harsh, pushy or agressive put on your big girl panties and take it.... welcome

@Charris ....more importantly, I think they refused to allow a DS'r to get dead and ruin a great person ;)!

Hey, Im going through the process now to have the duodenal surgery. My doctor recommended this surgery because i have quite a bit of weight to lose. I have my last weigh in the beginning of June. Really anxious about this surgery vs the gastric sleeve. Really needing to talk to real people who's gone through it or getting ready to.
Sonia
I had the gastric bypass up in Erie PA my doctor did a mess leave around my new pouch so it'll never get bigger.do you to consider the RNY surgery I've lost over 300 pounds and I'm doing very well.

Welcome! Look at my stats below and check out my before and after at 21 months post-op...

Notice that I'm the same size, or smaller than, all the other bridesmaids. For the first time in my life I'm NORMAL. There is nothing that can compare to that feeling after a lifetime of being "the big girl".
754fb1f24ec2620573008a45f6cc7f6b_zps0s24rp8n.jpg
WOW....! Brooklyngirl--hard to stay on topic with those results in your face! You look amazing and I believe you fee that way, too!

@srober20...Welcome, my TN sister..and soon to be our DS sister!

My surgery is next week, next Wednesday in fact. I am going to TX because the DS is my second WLS and as a revision, I need a more highly skilled surgeon. Read, Read, and read some more...DSFacts.com is a great place to start. And then ASK! No question is too small or seemingly stupid.

Again, WELCOME!

Latest posts

Back