Say Hello!

Barbara

Hi to all. Been away for quite a while. I will be 2 years out from RNY revision to DS on July 13th. Hada very difficult recovery. Almost died. Not from surgery but the depression and,anxiety that set in afterwards. Out of work 15 months. Lost my job. Sold my house and moved to a condo. At the time i thought my life was over. Its been a little over a year since all that. Still treating for severe anxiety disorder but in all other ways my life is terrific!! Never think its over no matter how bad it gets. Keep fighting. You'll get it back together. Working again though for myself. Not making nearly the same money but i'm doing ok. Paying my bills. Hanging tough. Lost 130 lbs. Go between 135 and 140. Do better with carbs when my psyche is good. Last week or so not so good, but i have good doctors working with me. Losing weight does not solve life's problems. Keep fighting everyone. It's good to be back. Sorry this is so long.

Hello @Barbara! It is good to see you again. I'm sorry to read that life has been such a challenge. You have been through a lot over the past two years, but you are also very strong and capable! I'm glad you have doctors who are helping you to manage the depression and anxiety.

I've been through some rough patches myself after the RNY to DS 10 months ago, but keep pushing on. You are right that losing weight does not solve life's problems. I think many of us have relearned that!

I hope you decide to stay around and post.

Welcome back! I'm sorry you've had such a tough time of it, and hope you are now on a positive trajectory. Remember that you are always welcome here, whether in good times or bad.

Welcome back. Sounds like you've been through the wringer. I wish you all the best and hope there are more good days than bad ahead. Congratulations on getting good doctors to help manage. That's like black-belt level of self-advocating. Take care of you!

Hi Barbara. I'm new to this site and won't be having surgery until Aug 22. I suffer from pretty severe depression and that's one of my biggest concerns/fears is how I will be after surgery on my meds since I won't be absorbing things quite the same way. I just don't want to slide into the abyss. I've been pretty well controlled on meds for about 20 years, coming off of them only twice when things were better but eventually having to go back on after a downward spiral. I'm glad to hear you made it through and things are going much better for you. I agree with you whole-heartedly that it's never over. I have made it through some terrible days believing that tomorrow will be better, just go to sleep and try again. I am fortunate that I have a good psychiatrist who supports my decision and has some experience with patients having to adjust their meds because of the WLS.

Latest posts

Back