Running ??!!

Have fun...

I always said, if you see ME running, you better run faster cause something big and hairy and mean looking is behind me.

And honestly, the Army ran all the run out of me.

:ROFLMAO::laugh::ROFLMAO::laugh:.....I was just going to browse quickly tonight and not log in, so, thxs Liz for the post!

I just HAD to chime in on this one. When I was at Ft. Benning doing my Infantry/Ranger training, they would literally run us 5 miles every GD morning BEFORE breakfast. We would get to the chow line violently projectile vomiting every morning and then could not eat. I made a vow then, a pact between me and my God, that when I got out, I would NEVER, ever run again. To this day, 37 yrs later, I have kept my word…SO, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!!!

I do however love to work out and am excited to be bicycling again, I LOVE riding my bike. So, good luck Chev, happy for you!

Last edited:
Good for you! I kind of hope I can run once my surgery is done and I have lost some of this weight. I am not sure my back will let me pound the pavement, but I will see. Keep us posted on your progress - i'll try to live vicariously

GO CHEVTOW! GO CHEVTOW! GO CHEVTOW!

Anytime someone is doing a run, I think of these signs that were held up to cheer on a marathoner.

Worst-Parade-Ever.jpg

After my 1st training run on Saturday, my back is now very sore :( Hoping it's just from something new. I have had back issues but this is just the whole lower back not just one spot. So I'm staying positive that it will get better with extra rest and ice :)

If couch to 5K could get me running, it will work for everyone! Just take it slow! And be willing to step back if you need to!

Ughhh, running, not me. It wasn't the Army but HS football that gave me my fill. Never could make the mile time so always got bellies (starting at the goal line, hitting the turf every 10 yds for 200 yds) as a consequence (in August, after all other 1st day summer camp bullshit running stuff :093:)

Nope, not gonna do it any more.

But good on you man, make us all proud!

Latest posts

Back