1. Please review your surgery details found under your profile.
  2. We have many with MIA Avatars. If you are missing yours, please reload it. Use a browser you normally do not use to check. List is in Announcements: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/missing-avatars.5131/

(Right place, Liz?) SIBO sucks

Discussion in 'Food Intolerances post surgery' started by Spiky Bugger, Apr 21, 2017.

JackieOnLine

JackieOnLine Moderator Staff Member

looking back, I didn't say how sorry I am to hear this - you've been through enough!! does vaping help?

I hope you can get this again, if that's what you need.

medical issues are bad enough and then there is the "care". :angry smile:

bearmom

bearmom Well-Known Member

I think I'd try cannabis rectally. It is more available than smoked or ingested, and works fast. You supposedly don't get the high either (may be a drawback to most). The suppositories are coconut oil based, so no issue absorbing when it goes in the back end, unlike edibles that use butter or coconut oil and are inconsistent even for normal digesters. I hope you get some relief from this, and it's the easiest fix possible.

JackieOnLine likes this.
    Spiky Bugger

Spiky Bugger Well-Known Member

Well, my high from that suggestion just crashed. Darn. (And I really liked it.)

Apparently, from what I've read so far, just as opioids slow GI motility, cannabis does, too. Which is the problem. SIBO people need to speed up transit time to deprive the bacteria of a feeding ground in the small intestine.

But keep working on it!

Spiky Bugger

Spiky Bugger Well-Known Member

For the record, fasting increases motility. But fasting has never been my part of my skill set.

Jbandmmomma

Jbandmmomma becky

damn. i hate that you're dealing with this. the thread is informative though. but damn.

which bacteria are the overgrowers? do they know?

JackieOnLine likes this.
    JackieOnLine

JackieOnLine Moderator Staff Member

I'm learning things, too.