Riced Cauliflower

newanatomy

1 head cauliflower
2 T water
1/2 tsp salt

Cut the heads of the cauliflower from the stems and break it in to pieces that will fit into your food processor. Rince the cauliflower. Using the cheese grater/shredder attachment on the food processor, "shred" the cauliflower heads. Place into a microwave safe dish, add the water and salt then cook on high for about 6 minutes.

Use in the place of rice.

We used this allllll the time until it added up to a few too many times and hubby got sick of it, haha. But he'll get unsick of it eventually and we'll go back to it. I still love it! There are so many great low-carb things you can make using cauli in place of various bread products. It's great!

I want to try this, cauliflower being one of those veggies I always mean to eat more of.

NA, I think you and I are on the same cooking wavelength, I made this the other night to eat with the soupy green curry chicken I made on a snow day, but I fried mine in bacon fat #DSprobs :D:D:D

NA, I think you and I are on the same cooking wavelength, I made this the other night to eat with the soupy green curry chicken I made on a snow day, but I fried mine in bacon fat #DSprobs :D:D:D
Yum! I make fried "rice" with it when I cook Japanese hibachi style meals. Love it! I saw a recipe that used bigger chunks of cauliflower instead of potatoes in potato salad. I will definitely be making that this summer with lots of eggs and mayo!

Yum! I make fried "rice" with it when I cook Japanese hibachi style meals. Love it! I saw a recipe that used bigger chunks of cauliflower instead of potatoes in potato salad. I will definitely be making that this summer with lots of eggs and mayo!
Yup, I did that for a casserole a few weeks ago! Mayo, sour cream, cheddar, scallions and crumbled bacon, who needs potatoes when you have all that!

I rice 2 whole heads every sunday and put it in a sealed container in the fridge. It keeps wonderfully. Tonight I sautéed zucchini, onions, bell peppers and added pesto. When it was all soft I added the "Rice". Yum.

I've made curry flavored rice, spanish rice, and fried rice too. You can spice it with anything. Delicious!

When you shred the cauli and store it for the week. Do you steam it before you store it or cook it as needed?

Hi no I do it raw. I never steam it. It coos to a rice like consistency in the olive oil. Also a blender works just fine just cut up the florets and blend in small batches.

For mashed cauliflower I steam then mash with a fork or put in the blender.

Latest posts

Back