Revision - rny to ds. Help...

Kristaz

So my insurance coverage for the revision becomes effective on Feb 1st. The insurance says it will will cover revision for a medically necessary reason. I have been struggling with severe dumping. Does anyone know what insurance companies do to "verify" or what type of records they want? My BMI is on the low side. ( while I have gained some weight back - my primary motivation is to fix the dumping) thanks for the help.

Hello and welcome. Good luck on your journey. I am sure there will be people along shortly to help with your questions.

There is NOBODY in AZ who you should be using - you need to get to Keshishian in Glendale CA.

I agree! I have already consulted with Dr K but my insurance wouldn't cover him. Fortunately my husbands will but I had to wait till open enrollment so my coverage will begin in Feb. I just wondered if anyone knew what time of things the insurance co would look for to approve the revision.

You will have to read YOUR Evidence of Coverage to find out - start with your husband's policy's bariatric surgery policy, keeping in mind that it may change Jan. 1, and that YOUR policy may be different.

You will have to read YOUR Evidence of Coverage to find out - start with your husband's policy's bariatric surgery policy, keeping in mind that it may change Jan. 1, and that YOUR policy may be different.
I read thru his and it shows a revision covered and even states severe dumping as medically necessary revision. I just know with most things they want "proof". So not certain what they ask for.

Do you know in what instances or why my policy would be different?

Because policies are all different - obesity surgery coverage is optional in many plans, and the employer has to pay extra for a rider to have it covered.

Hi. I am from Canada, so I can't speak to your insurance issues. I would like to say that I am in the middle of revising a RNY to a DS, and currently have a VSG. I find this to be tremendously superior to RNY in terms of quality of life and eating (stomach remnant vs pouch), although I haven't had the switch yet, which naturally comes with its own issues. My experience with revision so far has been very positive. Wishing you the best of luck!

Latest posts

Back