Revision post-op

Settledownnow

Hi All,
I had my RNY to DS with Dr. Keshishishian on 8/5. Surgery went well. He found a fistula around my stomach and my pouch which resulted in surgery taking a little longer. I always thought something was wrong with my pouch/insides but each endoscopy and upper GI said things were fine. Dr. K. said if they did not know what they were looking for they may not have found it. He said this could be linked to the problems with weight loss also.

This was a hard surgery and I feel like I had the heck kicked out of me. I'm tired, out of breath, and can feel my heart rate going up as I walk or shower. I am still NPO except sips of water and using the J-tube for protein, water, and pain meds.

All and all I can tell I am getting better and stronger each day. Glad to be on the other side!

Congratulations on being on the dark side. I hope you have a speedy recovery and are getting more and more comfortable as the days pass. Feel better soon!

Congrats, and I'm glad Dr. K was able to fix everything. Do your sipping and walking but don't try to push yourself too fast. The reason you feel like you had the heck kicked out of you is because you did.

Congrats and I am so glad you found Dr K. Do not hesitate to email or call him if you have any issues or just questions. He is so responsive and cares deeply about each and everyone of his patient's well being.

Congrats, and I'm glad Dr. K was able to fix everything. Do your sipping and walking but don't try to push yourself too fast. The reason you feel like you had the heck kicked out of you is because you did.
Lol I had to laugh because although very true it really made me laugh. Did I ever tell you how much I love you my friend? :D

Had my first post-op appointment today and healing is on track. I have been cleared to drink water and eat. Such an exciting day! I had a few spoonfuls of blended turkey soup and later will try yogurt. Still using the j-tube for protein, water, etc. as needed. The scale at the office indicated I am carrying about 13 pounds of fluids and I certainly do feel it. Every day is just a little better than the day before.

The worst is behind you, and it sounds like you are doing great! Ignore that scale too, I had about 30 lbs of iv fluids post op, and it took a while to purge because my body LOOOVED that sodium in the IV fluid.

Latest posts

Back