Reintroducing myself

Webmommy

I was here about two years ago asking about the DS but wanting a baby too. I had a disabled son and I am disabled by chronic pain too but was having problems with my insurance to pay for WLS and needed IVF too. Here's my original post: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/howdy.4645/

I gave up on everything since everything I tried just wasn't successful. I still kept doing my low calorie diet where I didn't lose any weight but didn't gain any either. Just waiting to get diabetes so my insurance would cover the gastric sleeve at one of their centers of excellence. But I actually got pregnant April 2017 all on my own at 41 and had my much desired baby girl in January at 42! The RE said we had only a 5% chance of conceiving on our own at my age. So we were REALLY surprised.

So I am back after lurking for a month or so! I'm just information gathering and relearning what I need to know right now since we are going to self-pay and not bother with insurance. I've lost my baby weight a long time ago but not haven't lost anymore. I'm breastfeeding currently so I'm not doing any unique or low calorie diets nor am I ready to actually do the DS yet. I imagine malabsorption would cut my milk supply and I am not ready to wean my baby. I may even try to have another baby first but I'll be 43 in a couple months. I just know my belly is hanging so much lower and uglier than ever. I really don't like the way I look but am really indecisive about what I should do next. My husband wants me to do it asap because he's afraid for my health but I don't have high blood pressure or diabetes or anything major. So back here reading again and hopefully find clarity! Thanks!

Congratulations!
When you are ready (and that's up to you, no one else) and still thinking self-pay, I would recommend Dr. Esquerra in Mexico for your DS. Lots of people here have had their surgery with him, and both he and his hospital get nothing but positive reviews.

Congratulations!
When you are ready (and that's up to you, no one else) and still thinking self-pay, I would recommend Dr. Esquerra in Mexico for your DS. Lots of people here have had their surgery with him, and both he and his hospital get nothing but positive reviews.

Thank you. He's on my very short list and have searched a little about him.

congratulations on your baby and I'm glad to hear you don't have major co-morbs.
Thank you! No comorbidities which is good and bad. I don't really want diabetes but if I had it I could have a gastric sleeve covered 100%. On the other hand, I also don't want to have heart failure like my mother.

Last edited:
I was here about two years ago asking about the DS but wanting a baby too. I had a disabled son and I am disabled by chronic pain too but was having problems with my insurance to pay for WLS and needed IVF too. Here's my original post: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/howdy.4645/

I gave up on everything since everything I tried just wasn't successful. I still kept doing my low calorie diet where I didn't lose any weight but didn't gain any either. Just waiting to get diabetes so my insurance would cover the gastric sleeve at one of their centers of excellence. But I actually got pregnant April 2017 all on my own at 41 and had my much desired baby girl in January at 42! The RE said we had only a 5% chance of conceiving on our own at my age. So we were REALLY surprised.

So I am back after lurking for a month or so! I'm just information gathering and relearning what I need to know right now since we are going to self-pay and not bother with insurance. I've lost my baby weight a long time ago but not haven't lost anymore. I'm breastfeeding currently so I'm not doing any unique or low calorie diets nor am I ready to actually do the DS yet. I imagine malabsorption would cut my milk supply and I am not ready to wean my baby. I may even try to have another baby first but I'll be 43 in a couple months. I just know my belly is hanging so much lower and uglier than ever. I really don't like the way I look but am really indecisive about what I should do next. My husband wants me to do it asap because he's afraid for my health but I don't have high blood pressure or diabetes or anything major. So back here reading again and hopefully find clarity! Thanks!
I had surgery with Dr. Esquerra in June of 2016 and am beyond happy. Everyone there was great from girls in office I first emailed with to Dr. himself and the anesthesiologist, and the nurses. I’ve had no complications and I was very lucky with my post op pain being very low. Getting the DS is better than the sleeve anyway. Sleeve is just a stomach restriction aided diet and chances are you’d lose at first, then regain then want to have the DS anyway. One and done and enjoy your life with your hubby and babies! Ask any questions you have. Welcome!

I had surgery with Dr. Esquerra in June of 2016 and am beyond happy. Everyone there was great from girls in office I first emailed with to Dr. himself and the anesthesiologist, and the nurses. I’ve had no complications and I was very lucky with my post op pain being very low. Getting the DS is better than the sleeve anyway. Sleeve is just a stomach restriction aided diet and chances are you’d lose at first, then regain then want to have the DS anyway. One and done and enjoy your life with your hubby and babies! Ask any questions you have. Welcome!

Thank you! How did they manage your pain once you left Mexico?

Latest posts

Back