Redundant Colon Gone

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
This is a post I made in Dr K FB group so just basicly copied to here.

I had my post surgical follow up with Dr K this morning and I am now released back into the world. Dr k said he saw the preliminary pathology report and he removed either 46 or 49 CM (18 or 19 inches) of redundant sigmoid colon. That means that I probably lost about 30% of my colon. He also showed me how he did a side to side anastomosis and we chatted for a while.

I told Donni in another post that I am feeling better after this surgery than any I can remember after any other surgery. I have roughly a 3 inch bikini line cut which he used to pull my colon out so that area a few inches around the incision, which got beat up a bit, is sore. Everything else is good. Getting up from a flat or sitting position is the hardest/most painful time but I am managing very well.

I am being very carb and fiber restrictive now so I don't bloat and blow the suture line, but other than that I am eating normal DS foods
At this point where naturally I am not fully healed and back to "normal" yet, I am very hopeful that this was exactly what I needed to get back to a normal life. Too early to tell but I feel like this worked so I am quite happy with the result and as always I am eternally grateful to Dr K.

BTW, a picture of my ugly old man ass and my lovely wife Dianna at the Santa Monica Pier yesterday after having lunch at The Reel Inn (fantastic, no frills seafood on the PCH in Malibu). This picture doesn't do her justice because I definitely married up.

23244078_10209613006151544_2609021727759293385_n.jpg

Thanks for all your support this last 1.5 years!

Well done! :) Heal swiftly.
Thanks Hil....I am trying but man I have been sore the last two days. Just the incision area healing and tightening up but I hurt worse today than I did just a few days after surgery.

Latest posts

Back