Recommendations for a Mexico Duodenal Switch Doctor

Make it easy and SAFE for yourself, @Perry Samples and just go to Esquerra or Wilhelmy at Mexicali Bariatric Center. You want this done correctly the first time and this is the place and the surgeons we all recommend if you choose Mexico.

And that is kind of the point. It's really hard to figure out which Drs. in Mexico are good and which are not. Dr. Esquerra is very well vetted by the people here the Mexicali Baractric Center had been doing the DS for years. It's a long and complicated surgery and I would not go to someone who just does a few.

I did NOT get my Gall bladder removed with costs an extra 2K, but I have not had any problems so far, though I take a drug called actigal which helps your gall bladder stay healthy.

@Perry Samples if you go back to the website where I found you, you will find that someone has provided a personal experience with the surgeon you asked about. Her experience was not a happy one, I'll let you read for yourself for all the details. I knew there was someone who had had a bad experience, but I couldn't remember for sure which surgeon it was, and I didn't want to make any accusations that I wasn't certain about. Her post is based on her personal experience and is very specific.
In fairness, I will add that people have had the same bad experience right here in the USA. This isn't about Mexico, it's about individual surgeons.

@Perry Samples
In fairness, I will add that people have had the same bad experience right here in the USA. This isn't about Mexico, it's about individual surgeons.

And that is the point. You want a super vetted surgeon. And we have one. Dr. Esquerra. He costs a little more, but totally worth it to know you are getting exellent care and a good tourism experince.

I am researching and asking for patience that have had the duodenal switch surgery to provide recommendations for a doctor and/or reviews on doctors & facilities in Mexico.

Thanks,
Perry
Hey Perry, welcome and hi !! You can add me to the growing list of Dr Esquerra patients who have had a great experience with him. I have nothing negative to say. Except maybe the wifi sIgnal wasn't great and I couldn't stream movies on my iPad. Not much of a complaint !!

I had an absolutely fine time with Dr Wilhelmy at Mexicali Bariatric Center. All of the doctors were very responsive and visited several times each day. Sometimes there were minor language barriers, but Google Translate served us well. My recovery from surgery at MBC was night/day difference to the recovery in the US. I am 12 days post op vsg to DS revision

And...do NOT get involved with any site...in any country...where you go through a "coordinator"...especially one named Michelle...if for no other reaon than "coordinator" = "a totally unnecessary commissioned recruiter/salesperson."

Another very, very, very happy Dr. Esquerra patient. Here is an awesome video that explains the process.

To be honest, I would not go anywhere else. Here is the reason. He is very, very well vetted and the thing is there are good Drs in MX and bad ones, just like everywhere. He is one of the good ones and has a good process for medical tourism.

This video is what sealed it for me choosing MBC. It was also helpful to my parents and husband since I was going alone and they were able to see what the hospital would be like.

I am another Mexicali Bariatric Center patient, my surgeon was Dr. Wilhelmy. Excellent experience from start to finish! The idea of going to Mexico for surgery initially sounded insane to me, but I am so glad I did the research, read all the reviews, etc.

Latest posts

Back