Recommendations for a Mexico Duodenal Switch Doctor

Perry Samples

I am researching and asking for patience that have had the duodenal switch surgery to provide recommendations for a doctor and/or reviews on doctors & facilities in Mexico.

Thanks,
Perry

Search Mexicali Bariatric and Drs Esquerra and Wilhelmy. Only people I would recommend and they have lots of patients here.

Hi, Perry!

I had a virgin DS (meaning I had not had any previous type of bariatric surgery before) in June of 2016 performed by Dr. Esquerra in Mexicali. I was 58 at the time and can't tell you how happy I am with the entire experience there with Dr. Esquerra at the Almater hospital and his staff. I had no problems there or at home afterwards. I don't know what your BMI is but if I remember correctly Dr. Esquerra does have limits on BMI he will operate on. Mine was hovering around 45 when I contacted them and they told me NOT to gain any and to try to lose a bit before coming. I'll be glad to answer any questions you have. Good luck with your research. I researched for a LONG time (over a year) and talked to many patients and Dr. Esquerra was the ONLY doctor in Mexico I even considered.

Another very, very, very happy Dr. Esquerra patient. Here is an awesome video that explains the process.

To be honest, I would not go anywhere else. Here is the reason. He is very, very well vetted and the thing is there are good Drs in MX and bad ones, just like everywhere. He is one of the good ones and has a good process for medical tourism.

Hi again and welcome, Perry! I'm so glad you're here and that the folks who have been to Mexico before you are telling you about their experiences. Since I had my DS in the USA I can't help with personal experience about Mexico, but I've seen so many positive comments about Dr. Esquerra, and, sadly, a number of very negative reports of people's experiences with other docs, that I wanted you to have the value of their experiences. I hope this will help you make your decision.

Hi, Perry!

I had a virgin DS (meaning I had not had any previous type of bariatric surgery before) in June of 2016 performed by Dr. Esquerra in Mexicali. I was 58 at the time and can't tell you how happy I am with the entire experience there with Dr. Esquerra at the Almater hospital and his staff. I had no problems there or at home afterwards. I don't know what your BMI is but if I remember correctly Dr. Esquerra does have limits on BMI he will operate on. Mine was hovering around 45 when I contacted them and they told me NOT to gain any and to try to lose a bit before coming. I'll be glad to answer any questions you have. Good luck with your research. I researched for a LONG time (over a year) and talked to many patients and Dr. Esquerra was the ONLY doctor in Mexico I even considered.

Thanks for sharing Susan

Hi again and welcome, Perry! I'm so glad you're here and that the folks who have been to Mexico before you are telling you about their experiences. Since I had my DS in the USA I can't help with personal experience about Mexico, but I've seen so many positive comments about Dr. Esquerra, and, sadly, a number of very negative reports of people's experiences with other docs, that I wanted you to have the value of their experiences. I hope this will help you make your decision.

Yes Thank you so much Larra

Another very, very, very happy Dr. Esquerra patient. Here is an awesome video that explains the process.

To be honest, I would not go anywhere else. Here is the reason. He is very, very well vetted and the thing is there are good Drs in MX and bad ones, just like everywhere. He is one of the good ones and has a good process for medical tourism.

Thanks for sharing Galaxygrrl

Make it easy and SAFE for yourself, @Perry Samples and just go to Esquerra or Wilhelmy at Mexicali Bariatric Center. You want this done correctly the first time and this is the place and the surgeons we all recommend if you choose Mexico.

Latest posts

Back