Ready for change...

Jacks39

Hi All!
I’m Jackie and I’m in the consult stage with Dr. Rabkin in SF for DS surgery. I’m here to gather info and find out what the surgery is really like. I think I’ve made the decision but then I get cold feet. I’m 5’6 241 pounds with 2 comorbidities. I spend most my life in bed because I’m in too much pain to walk, too tired and winded. That’s it I guess!!

Hi Jackie,

You are suppose to be scared. We all were scared. For me, the thing that kept me calm was everyone here and in Dr. Rabkin's group were scared. Now we are all happy.

Not sure we have met, but I loooooove Dr. Rabkin and go to his group every month. He is amazing and so is the group. There is a meeting a week from Wed. You should try to come.

Here is the info on the group.

San Francisco
Date: 2nd Wednesday of each month
Time: 6 PM - Simultaneous Informational Seminar and post-op meeting.
7 PM - General open meeting for both pre-op and post-op patients.
Place: Cafeteria at St. Mary's Hospital
450 Stanyan Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
Additional details: Parking is available at St. Mary's Hospital parking at the corner of Stanyan and Hayes Street.
For more information please call our office

Hi Jackie,

You are suppose to be scared. We all were scared. For me, the thing that kept me calm was everyone here and in Dr. Rabkin's group were scared. Now we are all happy.

Not sure we have met, but I loooooove Dr. Rabkin and go to his group every month. He is amazing and so is the group. There is a meeting a week from Wed. You should try to come.

Here is the info on the group.

San Francisco
Date: 2nd Wednesday of each month
Time: 6 PM - Simultaneous Informational Seminar and post-op meeting.
7 PM - General open meeting for both pre-op and post-op patients.
Place: Cafeteria at St. Mary's Hospital
450 Stanyan Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
Additional details: Parking is available at St. Mary's Hospital parking at the corner of Stanyan and Hayes Street.
For more information please call our office
Thanks! I’m hoping to make this months group!

Hi All!
I’m Jackie and I’m in the consult stage with Dr. Rabkin in SF for DS surgery. I’m here to gather info and find out what the surgery is really like. I think I’ve made the decision but then I get cold feet. I’m 5’6 241 pounds with 2 comorbidities. I spend most my life in bed because I’m in too much pain to walk, too tired and winded. That’s it I guess!!

Hi Jackie, you have chosen well! Dr Rabkin is the best! He fixed me up back on Sept 17, 2008. Mine was probably one of the more difficult revisions he has done. I was a mess inside; so much scar tissue and adhesions it took about 10 hours; then again two days later due to a scar tissue flap in my stomach messing up the plumbing. He was so dedicated to make sure he got it all just right and didn't care how much time it took. So many now are in a hurry to make more money. I won't lie it was miserable to recover from, but I would do it again and again if necessary. I'm still on the paclap web site if you want to take a look see; in the before and after revision page and also in the 2010 calendar. I tried to post a link, but I'm not allowed that privilege yet.

I tried to post a link, but I'm not allowed that privilege yet.
That requires a minimum of ten posts (which you have) a minimum of one full day AND for the software to run its cron job (which should be sometime in the next 24 hours as it’s run once a day). We did that to discourage spammers.

Hi and welcome @Jacks39 ! Dr. Rabkin has a great reputation. One thing I can say is I only wish I had DS sooner. There's no way I could have gotten to where I am with diet and exercise, much as I still wanted to think that after so many "this time it'll work and be for good"s. All the best!

Latest posts

Back