Psych Eval

Another word of caution should anyone get ahold of their MMPI results: Do not take them to heart. They are a guideline; not gospel. My sister got hers without benefit of discussion with a therapist and it screwed with her mind for weeks. I told her to go back and get the results discussed and would advise anyone else to do the same.

yup...and from the EN link...try this F[][3er on for reasonable ness:

The 10 Clinical Subscales

The older MMPI-2 is made up 10 clinical subscales, which are a result of answering certain questions on the test in a specific manner:

1. Hypochondriasis (Hs) – The Hypochondriasis scale tapes a wide variety of vague and nonspecific complaints about bodily functioning. These complaints tend to focus on the abdomen and back, and they persist in the face of negative medical tests. There are two primary factors that this subscale measures — poor physical health and gastrointestinal difficulties. The scale contains 32 items.

DSers in general must blow through that scale...especially the recnet post-ops.

Well I can now cross that off the list! Yay! Got psych eval done this morning. They sent request to insurance this afternoon. Surgeon's insurance person says usually hears within the week but could take up to 2 weeks. Also went on to say my insurance is one of the easier ones to work with. Hopeful to get approval and date by this time next week.

Latest posts

Back