"Pre-Reviews," please...

Your bowel transit will be faster than the absorption time of this drug in the small intestine, but fuck it your colon will smell like chewing gum.

See? I get confused about this. @southernlady and I need to start bowel preps way early...which seems to me to mean we need MORE TIME. AND YET, when I go for imaging with contrast...normal folks drink stuff and then drive to their appts, but I have to drink mine right at the center and have imaging within the hour. So..fast? Slow? It seems to vary. I be confused.

Last edited:
You've only got 1 meter of small bowel to absorb through so your window of opportunity is very small. You're large bowel may absorb more...but you don't have a huge functional capacity with those small bowel villi.

As will my farts, right?
Apparently not. In the research study. "No patients reported smelling menthol on expired breath, flatus, or after BMs." THe key word there is "reported", because maybe they did, but didn't tell the researchers. Hope it's so, since I'd rather be a room freshener than a room pollutant.

Hi, I did a search on IBGard and this post came up. Did anyone above try it? Did you have any positive results? My stool test was a week ago and I still don’t have the results so I’m thinking I’ll break open the sample of IBGard the gastro PA gave me.

Hi, I did a search on IBGard and this post came up. Did anyone above try it? Did you have any positive results? My stool test was a week ago and I still don’t have the results so I’m thinking I’ll break open the sample of IBGard the gastro PA gave me.
Take it. Pretty safe bet it won't hurt you!

Latest posts

Back