Pre-op diet plan

Innervision

Hi everyone I am starting my pre-op diet--two week countdown--per surgeon's office. I want to adhere as closely as possible to the plan (except give up coffee--lol) as I don't want him to have any reason not to do the DS on 9/13. That said, do I need to get a food scale--is that something I will use post-op or should I just eyeball portions over the next 2 weeks? I attached the pre-op food plan (not exactly sure if I did it correctly. I will know after I hit create thread).

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    496.9 KB · Views: 6
1) You can follow it, but the plan is largely a waste of time. Many surgeons don't require anything other than nil by mouth from the night before, or one day of liquids before that.

2) I haven't ever weighed my food, but if you really want to obsessively track, then get one. I got the DS so I could *not* obsessively weigh and track my food. Post op, you'll likely be eating small bites throughout the day, not 'meals' per se. Just focus on hydration and protein and you'll be fine.

1) You can follow it, but the plan is largely a waste of time. Many surgeons don't require anything other than nil by mouth from the night before, or one day of liquids before that.

2) I haven't ever weighed my food, but if you really want to obsessively track, then get one. I got the DS so I could *not* obsessively weigh and track my food. Post op, you'll likely be eating small bites throughout the day, not 'meals' per se. Just focus on hydration and protein and you'll be fine.
Thanks for your response. Obsessive tracker I am not. The eyeballs have it.

Hi everyone I am starting my pre-op diet--two week countdown--per surgeon's office. I want to adhere as closely as possible to the plan (except give up coffee--lol) as I don't want him to have any reason not to do the DS on 9/13. That said, do I need to get a food scale--is that something I will use post-op or should I just eyeball portions over the next 2 weeks? I attached the pre-op food plan (not exactly sure if I did it correctly. I will know after I hit create thread).
Im probably in the minority but I will say get AND use a food scale for at least a month or so. I bought one when I had my sleeve, and pulled it back out after my revision to DS. I dont suggest it for tracking but to give you a better sense of portion sizes. I personally had forgotten, or just didnt know, what an ounce of this or that looked like. My perception of a serving was so warped and distorted, it was hard for me to grasp how much of something I was truly eating. Using a scale and measuring cup may be a bit of a pain in the beginning, but it will give you a better sense of a serving..and how much u can actually eat in one sitting.

While a scale helps with portion, so does your hand and standard measuring cups and you probably have those on hand :) I would not bother buying a scale.

Most Americans, esp, have no concept of portion size any longer. I know that my issue was not what I ate but how much of it I ate, pre-op as I was already following a lower carb plan long before my DS due to diabetes.

Latest posts

Back