Pre-Op BMI

This is a non-issue in this case because the surgeon is a military member and therefore on salary :).
Yea, but the MTF still has a budget and they set their SOPs to reflect that. I used to work Medical Affirmative Claims and Malpractice in the Army, and it seemed like there was allot of pressure for doctors to keep procedures under a certain dollar amount.

Mine was below 50, and I went through the ringer with Kaiser and DMHC claims to get mine. It is soooo worth the extra effort/fight. Do what you feel is best for you and don't settle!!

Mine was 35.2 and my husband's was 38 something and we both were approved for the DS.

I REQUIRED NSAIDS which cancelled out the RNY and at the time of my surgery the sleeve was not covered under Medicare.

Hi southern lady! I just read that you had a BMI of 35 when you had the DS.... How have you done with your weight loss? Have you lost too much? I have a BMI of 33 right now and a doctor said that was too low.

Hi southern lady! I just read that you had a BMI of 35 when you had the DS.... How have you done with your weight loss? Have you lost too much? I have a BMI of 33 right now and a doctor said that was too low.
I lost all my excess. I'm 5'4" and "kissed" 121 for 10 seconds. Right now it's 142 and that is a 24+ BMI. I am working on losing about 5 lbs but not working really hard at it. I like staying between 135-140.

My BMI was just under 35 when I had the DS 5 weeks ago. Lost a few pounds before surgery. For me, I had been struggling for so long to maintain weight loss--could lose it slowly and painfully but it always came back with extra weight. My metabolism was so crappy. I was ready and committed to making a permanent change and when I read the long term stats, I felt that the DS gave me the best chance of putting obesity behind me forever and not ever needing another more definitive procedure. I went into it knowing the downside is a lifelong commitment to lots of vitamins, mostly protein diet and regular labs. To me, it feels like a small price to pay. I have lost 21 pounds so far. It feels really good to think they are gone forever.

Latest posts

Back