Post-op BM??

smiley-toilet.gif
Hello everyone! So I have a bathroom/post-op diet question for you all... I am three weeks and two days post op. I was on clear liquids for the first week, full liquids for the next week, and then advanced to purée which was supposed to be for the next two weeks (until this coming Saturday, today being Tuesday).

Well, needless to say I felt I was doing ok, I was hungry, and so tired of having food that was mushy! I started having things like eggs, tuna salad, and yesterday I tried chicken. It all went down nicely and sat fine! I was so pleased!!! Cut to this morning, I am feeling like my BM is much more solid then they have been. I have been going to the bathroom fine until now, I was able to go a bit this morning. I just feel like it's not all coming out and I need to push, which I'm nervous to do, as I am still sore and all the internal connections are so new. I know I have more that needs to come out, it's just not.

So, what do you think? Did I move too fast with my diet? Did you experience this? What should I do? Any suggestions and advice would be GREATLY appreciated! I'm a bit nervous! Thanks in advance!!!

I know early on i got somewhat constipated when i was getting dehydrated so make sure you are getting 2000ml of water a day. the first time i ate something fairly solid i backed up a little bit as well but by later that night it was back to normal.

I've had the same thing. I try to encourage with just a bit of a push now and then. Leaning back on the seat can help a bit. It is important to be able to relax and not be in a rush, IMO. Easier said than done, I know. I still find I may need to go back once or twice in the next hour or so, though. I'm not talking about constipation here - just a bit of difficulty emptying out because we can't just push this early out.

My early chicken was wings. There are many prepared ones you pop into the microwave to cook a couple at a time ( all I could handle early out ). The wings are very fatty, especially with the skin. They kept things moving. I could never. (And still don't ) eat breasts.Dark meat is my preference.

For these first weeks you have to do a lot of experimenting. Try something and see how your body reacts and adjust to your personal situation. You may want to try the unsuccessful items again later as your body will settle down. And what didn't work at four weeks out might turn into a favourite at eight weeks

It is great that you are trying and watching and connecting the results.

Latest posts

Back