plus size clothing directory

JackieOnLine

Staff member
this is a blogger (non-op, I assume) I saw linked on the Straight Dope. a bunch of these stores I've never heard of and some have regular sizes. I thought I'd share with you.

Authentically Emmie

of special interest is eShakti - they customize all of their clothes - huh, I see someone I know has liked their facebook page. anyone heard of them? cute stuff and imagine a dress that fit every part of you and was the right length!

probably! I love J Jill and that is - when I get them it's usually clearance priced.

but I would pay serious bucks for a sleeveless dress. if they fit my butt, you can look right in the arm holes and see everything. or if the top fits they are way too tight at my stomach. or, everything else is OK but the neck opening is huge and half my bra shows.

cute stuff and imagine a dress that fit every part of you and was the right length!
If I hadn't been such a fumble fingered mess when I took Home Ec. I'd be able to do that myself. I might could make a pillow case, but I wouldn't bet on it.:p

it would be SO practical to be able to at least alter clothing, if not make your own. but I have faced that it's not going to happen.

I sucked at it before and didn't enjoy trying and life is TOO short. I can sew up a hole if it's on a seam but that's about it.

I just looked at eshakti, the prices aren't too bad. They're more than I would spend while in transition, but for something that was really tailored to exactly what I want AND my measurements? I'd totally do it and I bet others would too :)

I just recently scolded my mom for not teaching me how to sew. She went to FIT and used to be in the fashion industry and made tons of her own clothes and I can't even do a proper stitch. I think she thought it was too old fashioned to teach her daughters to sew, but I really wish I had the skill of making a garment for myself, or at least altering one :(

Latest posts

Back