Please tell me I won't smell following DS surgery!

I've been reading these boards for over three years. I've never heard anyone talk about that, which means you are probably worrying about a non issue. It's odd that only one person has brought it up. Unless I fart, I don't smell. Matter of fact, my dirty clothes don't smell. I used to be able to pick something and give it a quick whiff to tell if I had worn it before. Now, if I don't get my laundry put away right after the dryer and throw it on my bed, I don't know if something dirty has been mixed in. I do a lot more laundry now just to make sure.

Personally, I don't believe it.

Don't worry, they don't touch your nose in WLS! Your olfactory sense should remain as good as ever. ;)

LOL! That was my first thought; my nose works just as good as it ever did.

Actually, I think this is a more relevant question than people may realize. Not necessarily because of the DS, but, as a result in possible subsequent metabolic changes after. I lightly broached on this topic in another thread somewhere regarding how I have very little BO, especially for a man. I only have to use deodorant twice a week, my feet never smell and I can wear my clothes for weeks without doing laundry. I know that sounds stupid, but, I attribute that to the fact that I have NO metabolism to speak of, body temp of 96.8 instead of 98.6 and yes I do take thyroid meds. SO…I’m hoping I DO start stinking after the surgery…lol. Because maybe that will means something’s working…lol or, maybe it means nothing at all, but it’s just an observation.

My personal experience is just the opposite. I have always had problem perspiration. Even when I was thin. NOTHING worked. After surgery...I no longer have that issue AT ALL. I never smell. Just using some Mitcham and I am clean and fresh all day.

Latest posts

Back