1. Please review your surgery details found under your profile.
  2. We have many with MIA Avatars. If you are missing yours, please reload it. Use a browser you normally do not use to check. List is in Announcements: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/missing-avatars.5131/

Painful hard lump appeared...

Discussion in 'Non-Surgery Medical' started by Ray_Of_Fricken_Sunshine, Sep 12, 2017.

Ray_Of_Fricken_Sunshine

Ray_Of_Fricken_Sunshine Well-Known Member

... On my shin! About a week ago, I noticed a lump on my shin that was painful to touch. When pushed on, the type of pain is reminiscent of how a knot in your back would feel. I haven't tripped, slipped, twisted, or knocked it in any way. Tonight, I noticed that it's starting to get just a hint of reddish color. Barely noticeable, but still there.
    I just established a PCP, and I don't want her to think I'm a hypochondriac if I go in there for this; but I am getting a bit concerned.
    Any ideas or advice?

southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Go to the Dr. Dr gets paid and you will start to buidl a relationship with your new PCP. Also, there coulfd really be somethng wrong take care of it.

DianaCox

DianaCox Bad Cop

Urgent care, ASAP! Possible blood clot!! Call in to the on-duty nurse first, but I'd go now.

Larra

Larra Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like the right location for a blood clot, but does sound like maybe an infection. Either way, needs to be seen pronto.

LynneV

LynneV Member

Or it could be a shin splint.

Munchkin

Munchkin Full of Fairy Dust

Ray_Of_Fricken_Sunshine

Ray_Of_Fricken_Sunshine Well-Known Member

I went to the Dr, and she wasn't too concerned. She thought it was probably a hematoma, but ordered an ultrasound just in case. I tried taking pics, but although it's significant in size, the lump really hasn't raised the skin much.
    Hopefully they'll be able to get me in for the ultrasound tomorrow!

Munchkin likes this.